We've done the grocery tips, how about general money saving tips....

Originally posted by momtofour
I have decided to skip my usual three to four Costco trips per week. I have a sneaking suspicion this membership is really costing me!

I know that Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club can have some good buys, but I think a savvy shopper can get just as good (or better) deals at their local supermarkets by watching for sales, using coupons and being less brand loyal.

A few times over the years, we've gotten free memberships to one of the warehouse stores. We've gone and made a list of the items we buy regularly and compared prices with the supermarket. Sometimes the warehouse place was cheaper, but not when the supermarket had a sale or we had a coupon. Also, at the supermarket we can pick the store brand which is a lot cheaper than the brand name no matter where you buy it. So you really need to do your homework before paying a fee to join the warehouse place. You may discover that it really isn't worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter