We've booked the babies 1st trip and she's not even born yet! Dec 2010!

Hi Wendy!!! I'm joining in the fun! We will be in the World at the same time!!! We are staying at POP 12/3-12/11! This is my favorite time of the year to go! I'm so excited! Wish time would hurry up and fly by! :rotfl:

Good idea to avoid MK on the 4th! That will be a nut house since the parade is being taped that day! In 2008 we went to DHS the day the parade was taped and it was great!

I am so jealous that you are staying at WL!!! That is my dream resort!!! Maybe in an awwesome deal is released I can upgrade!!! My fingers and toes are crossed!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! Reese :goodvibes

Hey Reese! We've never been in December before so we are looking forward to the Christmas decorations. :santa: I just hope the weather is nice. I know it's hit or miss!

We're hoping for an awesome deal too, especially because we have to pay for Emily this time!!:eek:

Hi Wendy, I followed you from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR. Thanks to the links I am all caught up.

I love your writing style. The first pictures of Eva are wonderful. I loved the second one, it looked like she was smiling. Both your children are just gorgeous.
I love the bracelet you made, it is beautiful.

The Disney outlet dresses are adorable :goodvibes.

As for pin codes do you ever log into the Disney website, price out vacations and save the offers? I seem to get pin codes sometimes after I do that. It is worth a shot, although I feel like you do they will offer some type of discount.

Thanks for mentioning the parade taping, we arrive on the 1st and have a DISmeet/dinner planned at Whispering Canyon Cafe on the 5th. We were planning on going to MK that day, but I had forgotten all about the parade taping. My lovely boyfriend is in a power wheelchair and the crowds being what they are on parade taping days :eek: we will probably pick another park.

Hi Tracy! Thanks for joining my PTR!! I've started reading yours as well! Bummer you're not going to Disney in May, but I understand the improtance of Bill's work. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words about the girls! We think they are pretty cute too! :cutie:

I've done all of the tricks trying to get a PIN, but nothing yet. Luckily, there is plenty of time before our trip to get a discount so my fingers are crossed.

I've heard that the MK isn't that busy during the parade taping other than Main Street and the hub, but it probably would be difficult for Bill to manuver the crowds in his chair. We are hoping to get tickets for the taping just to experience something different! :santa:

COMPLETELY JEALOUS that you have a Disney Outlet nearby!! Our Disney store phased out last year and I miss it! Sure, you can shop online-but I loved going in there:sad1:

The Minnie and Cindy outfits are so cute! Another mom of boys living the pink through those of you with princesses:goodvibes

Hi Jill!! Our Disney store closed back in February, which totally bummed me out, but we do have the outlet and another store about an hour away. The outlet is near where I grew up and where my family still lives. In fact, my Grandma is coming home from Florida at the end of the month and she hasn't met Eva yet, so I will be making another trip that way to see her. I may or may not be stopping by the Disney store then too!! :rolleyes1

As I told Nickie and Connie...maybe you'll have granddaughters to dress up in princess gear!!:lovestruc I guess you guys could always throw a princess dress on your boys when they are sleeping and then take pictures!! :idea: That just wouldn't be the same!! :lmao:

:woohoo:We have decided to leave on Friday night for sure!!:woohoo:

:badpc: I had all of this typed out earlier, but while I was typing, I didn't realized I had lost internet connection and when I hit submit, I lost it all!! :furious:

Friday, Dec 3rd - Travel Day
Mike will work until noonish then we will head to the airport around 1:15pm.
Flight departs @ 3:10pm
Arrive at MCO around 5:30pm
DME to WL
Check out the resort
In-room pizza for dinner
Pool time (it'll probably be cold, but not as cold as it is here and the pools are heated! :hyper:)

Saturday, Dec 4th - Magic Kingdom
Early breakfast at Ohana

Christmas parade taping (hopefully we can get tickets)
Casey's Corner for lunch
WL for nap/pool time
Chef Mickey's for dinner
Back to MK
EMH

Sunday, Dec 5th - Hollywood Studios
Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine breakfast
Beat the rush to TSM
Lunch at Mama Melrose's with Fantasmic pkg.
Counter service dinner
EMH

Monday, Dec 6th - Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace before park opens
Cosmic Rays for lunch
Nap/pool at the WL
More MK
Artist Point for dinner
Electric Water Pageant

Tuesday, Dec 7th - Epcot
Snack or CS at Roaring forks for breakfast
New pizzeria in Italy for lunch
Upgraded Cantina de San Angel for dinner with Illuminations viewing

Wednesday, Dec 8th - Animal Kingdom
Sleep in a little
Kona Cafe for breakfast
Tusker house for lunch
Back to WL for nap/pool
California Grill for dinner and viewing Wishes

Thursday, Dec 9th - Downtown Disney & MVMCP
Sleep in
Room service breakfast
Downtown Disney for some shopping
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Early dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Friday, Dec 10th - Epcot
Snack or CS from Roaring Forks
Lunch at Chef de France
WL for nap/pool
Le Cellier dinner
Illuminations
EMH

Saturday, Dec 11th - Free Day & Travel Home :sad:
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Free Day (Pool, Magic Kingdom?)
Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch
DME back to MCO to fly home in the evening

*All of the above plans are still subject to change anytime between now and the second they are scheduled to occur!!

Thanks!!:)
Hi Stephanie!! Hope you're having a great time in NC! Have your tissues ready when you watch UP! It's a great movie! I was going to do Disney nights once a month, but I think I am going to do them twice a month since we had so much fun. We're doing UP night on Friday!!

We went to the Disney store at Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills. My Mom is buried in Clarkston, where I grew up, and her b-day was Thursday so we made a trip to the cemetery, then visited my Dad and hit the mall! I'm not sure if you're familiar with that area,:confused3 but Clarkston is just northwest of Auburn Hills.

Anyway, I can't wait to start walking. Hopefully the weather will be nice!

Nope, not that familiar with the Auburn Hills area. Perhaps we should take a trip there together at some point. ;) I am really looking forward to walking too. :goodvibes

Your Plans: Does the parade tapping require a special ticket to attend/get into the park? I sure hope you have better luck that we did with getting a F! dinner package at MM. Love your plans and ADR choices.

Love the plan Wendy! I can't wait to see pics from Emily's first BBB. She's gong to be soo cute! :love: My girls have both been amazed with the experience. I'm also excited to hear about the new Italian pizzaria. So many new and fun things to look forward to!

Hey Wendy!
I typed up a long reply this morning and then my computer went blank! :scared1:

But basically here are my thoughts:

Awesome on getting there on Friday. I think your first night idea sounds so relaxing and fun! My kids LOVE getting pizza delivery in Disney!

Have you considered breakfast at the Wave instead of Kona?? You can tell me to shut up :rotfl2: but.... i had such a yucky experience at Kona in January and the boat to CR from WL is so convenient and I have heard GREAT things about the Wave's breakfast! Just a thought for you!!

Did you hear that Jo Jo and Goliath are being replaced at Play n Dine!? I wonder if there will be new people when you go!!! i am so excited to hear who they are replaced with!

I also can't wait to hear how the Illuminations viewing from the new Cantina in Mexico is!!! Most of the family arrives on Saturday and we are all going to Epcot for dinner on the first night and eating there and will be watching Illuminations from there so I cant wait to hear from you on what you think of it!

Love the Cali Grill and Artist Point!!

Hey! Wendy
your plans look good; so, where you adding US/IOA?!?
I'm jealous that you are going to see Harry Potter...we are so close yet so far...unless by some miracle we get a soft opening than I'll be able to share pointers with you guys!
:wave2:
can't wait to hear about your "Up" night!

Nope, not that familiar with the Auburn Hills area. Perhaps we should take a trip there together at some point. ;) I am really looking forward to walking too. :goodvibes

Your Plans: Does the parade tapping require a special ticket to attend/get into the park? I sure hope you have better luck that we did with getting a F! dinner package at MM. Love your plans and ADR choices.

Hi Stephanie! Maybe if it's raining on one of our walking days, we'll make a trip to the Disney store!!:thumbsup2

You do need a parade ticket, but they are free. I think they are offered to AP holders first, then general public.

I'm hoping for luck at MM too! If not, we'll probably just wait in line or skip it if the line is too long. We've seen it before and we can always see it again next October!:yay:

Love the plan Wendy! I can't wait to see pics from Emily's first BBB. She's gong to be soo cute! :love: My girls have both been amazed with the experience. I'm also excited to hear about the new Italian pizzaria. So many new and fun things to look forward to!

Hi Leanne! I can't wait for BBB either! I hope Emily loves it as much as I think she will!

Hey Wendy!
I typed up a long reply this morning and then my computer went blank! :scared1:

But basically here are my thoughts:

Awesome on getting there on Friday. I think your first night idea sounds so relaxing and fun! My kids LOVE getting pizza delivery in Disney!

Have you considered breakfast at the Wave instead of Kona?? You can tell me to shut up :rotfl2: but.... i had such a yucky experience at Kona in January and the boat to CR from WL is so convenient and I have heard GREAT things about the Wave's breakfast! Just a thought for you!!

Did you hear that Jo Jo and Goliath are being replaced at Play n Dine!? I wonder if there will be new people when you go!!! i am so excited to hear who they are replaced with!

I also can't wait to hear how the Illuminations viewing from the new Cantina in Mexico is!!! Most of the family arrives on Saturday and we are all going to Epcot for dinner on the first night and eating there and will be watching Illuminations from there so I cant wait to hear from you on what you think of it!

Love the Cali Grill and Artist Point!!

Yo Nic!! Ha ha, I will consider the Wave for bfast!! I still think I might be able to squeeze lunch or dinner in there somewhere because there are more changes brewing!!:rolleyes1

I read a rumor that JoJo is staying, but they are retiring Goliath and replacing him with Handy Manny at Play & Dine. I can't wait!!

Mike is really looking forward to Artist Point!

Hey! Wendy
your plans look good; so, where you adding US/IOA?!?
I'm jealous that you are going to see Harry Potter...we are so close yet so far...unless by some miracle we get a soft opening than I'll be able to share pointers with you guys!
can't wait to hear about your "Up" night!

We just decided today to check out US/IOA so I have some tweeking to do to my schedule! We'll be adding a day or two onto our trip. We are both big time Harry Potter geeks, so we can't pass it up!

Tonight we had a wonderful UP Disney night! For dinner we made hot "Dugs", Paradise Falls pasta salad and pineapple, Carl & Ellie's grape soda, Russell beans and Kevin's favorite chocolate bars!

Mike in his UP shirt!
DSC056112.jpg

The details!
DSC055932.jpg

DSC055862.jpg

DSC055852.jpg

DSC055832.jpg

Onto the festivities!
DSC056022.jpg

DSC056022.jpg

DSC056002.jpg

DSC056082.jpg

DSC056092.jpg

Emily in her Carl chair!
DSC055902.jpg

We had a great night! I LOVE UP!! Mike had never seen it and I had to pass him the tissues a couple of times, but he loved it! Eva is just enamored by the balloons! She was staring at them and cracking up! It was so cute!!:lovestruc:cutie:

Next Disney night will be Alice in Wonderland!

P.S. Stay tuned for more exciting updates and maybe a game of Quidditch!!:wizard:

Hi Wendy!!! What a cute little UP night you had!!! Loves like it was a blast!!!

I was just reading over your itinerary and it looks like we will be at MK on the same days as well as MVMCP!! What fun! Hopefully we will run into each other at some point! :)

OH! I love Mike's "Up" shirt! great Disney night!
can't wait to hear about your wonderland!!!

Hi Connie! Mike found that shirt on clearance at the Disney outlet! He had to have it and I had to agree!!:thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to Alice in Wonderland too because Emily has never seen it and I haven't seen it in a long time!

Hi Wendy!!! What a cute little UP night you had!!! Loves like it was a blast!!!

I was just reading over your itinerary and it looks like we will be at MK on the same days as well as MVMCP!! What fun! Hopefully we will run into each other at some point! :)

Hey Reese! We have fun doing our Disney nights! Emily can't wait for the next one! :lovestruc

I'll make sure to keep my eyes open for you and Devon around the parks!

I'm trying to tweek my schedule right now to include US/IOA. DH and I are both Harry Potter fans (geeks) and can't wait to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! :wizard: You're planning on US/IOA too, aren't you?

:idea::confused3HELP!!!:confused3:idea:

We have decided to go to US/IOA :hyper:while in Florida because Mike and I are both Harry Potter fans (dorks) and we really want to see the new :stir: Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!:wizard: So my delima is when to go! So, should we go at the:

1) Beginning? We would fly out earlier (10am) on Friday, Dec 3rd, rent a car at MCO and drive to the Holiday Inn at Universal Studios where we would stay for 2 nights with Mike's Priority Club points. (free hotel=:woohoo:) We would go to US/IOA on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday then on Sunday morning we'd check into the WL and return our car to the rental place at the Dolphin and begin our WDW adventure through Sunday, Dec. 12th. If we choose this option, we would forgo the Christmas Parade taping :sad1:.

2) Middle? We would call for a Mears shuttle/taxi to take us to US/IOA for the day and then have them bring us back. we'd keep our original plan of flying out Friday afternoon (3pm or 5:30pm), but leave a day later on Sunday, Dec.12th. This would cost us more money because of the extra night at the WL and I'm not sure that one day is enough for US/IOA. Mike and I went about 10 years ago and we were able to hit everything at both parks in a day, but we didn't have kids then so we skipped all of the kiddie type rides which we would want to go on this time.

3) End? This would be just like the beginning, but US/IOA would be at the end of our vacation. We would fly out earlier on Friday, Dec 3rd and get our Disney groove on until Friday, Dec. 10th, when we would pick up our rental car at the Dolphin, stay 2 nights at the Holiday Inn (free). We'd go to US/IAO on Friday and Saturday then check out Sunday, Dec 12th, drop our rental car off at MCO and fly home. This options means we wouldn't end our vacation with Disney. :sad1:

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

My vote is for the middle. I think renting a car would be a pain in the ... :rolleyes1 I also think because I know you love Disney like I do, that you really need to start and end your trip with Disney! I hear that mears is around 15 per person round trip so for the 3 of you (Eva being free) it would be about $45.00 and then you don't have to deal with any driving or renting the car... and you get an extra night- so actually you will have 2 extra nights at Disney now! :cloud9: The cost of renting the car and then paying for food vs the cost of being at disney an extra night on the dining plan and adding in the mears shuttle :confused: What do you think that is??? Even if it ends up being a little more maybe it is still worth it with the baby and all to make your trip as convenient as possible this time!!

I wanted to add that Chris and his girls (Wayne's Brother) is arriving a day earlier than us... on Thursday... he plans a relaxing night on Thursday- boat and dinner in DTD and then on Friday morning they will take the mears bus to Universal for the Harry Potter thing... and then Mears will take him back to POFQ on Friday night. If you do end up using that route, you will have to let me know all about it so I can tell him!!

I like the first idea with the FREE NIGHTS and the added time in US/IOA. Do you really need a vehicle if you go this route. Does HI have a bus service to US(most of the hotels do)? and how much would it cost for a taxi or car from the airport? than to WDW? or is it cheaper to just rent a small car?
I like the third option, too! but which one means more the taping of the Christmas parade or ending with Disney...
This is our first year we are ending w/US/IOA and not Disney...I'm the only one who is going to mind it...but, we have better digs at the end of our trip than at WDW. :rolleyes1
:wave2: Connie

Great UP shirt. My girls also have the Gymbo shirt Emily is wearing. I think I would try to do it in the middle.

:idea::confused3HELP!!!:confused3:idea:

We have decided to go to US/IOA :hyper:while in Florida because Mike and I are both Harry Potter fans (dorks) and we really want to see the new :stir: Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!:wizard: So my delima is when to go! So, should we go at the:

1) Beginning? We would fly out earlier (10am) on Friday, Dec 3rd, rent a car at MCO and drive to the Holiday Inn at Universal Studios where we would stay for 2 nights with Mike's Priority Club points. (free hotel=:woohoo:) We would go to US/IOA on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday then on Sunday morning we'd check into the WL and return our car to the rental place at the Dolphin and begin our WDW adventure through Sunday, Dec. 12th. If we choose this option, we would forgo the Christmas Parade taping :sad1:.

2) Middle? We would call for a Mears shuttle/taxi to take us to US/IOA for the day and then have them bring us back. we'd keep our original plan of flying out Friday afternoon (3pm or 5:30pm), but leave a day later on Sunday, Dec.12th. This would cost us more money because of the extra night at the WL and I'm not sure that one day is enough for US/IOA. Mike and I went about 10 years ago and we were able to hit everything at both parks in a day, but we didn't have kids then so we skipped all of the kiddie type rides which we would want to go on this time.

3) End? This would be just like the beginning, but US/IOA would be at the end of our vacation. We would fly out earlier on Friday, Dec 3rd and get our Disney groove on until Friday, Dec. 10th, when we would pick up our rental car at the Dolphin, stay 2 nights at the Holiday Inn (free). We'd go to US/IAO on Friday and Saturday then check out Sunday, Dec 12th, drop our rental car off at MCO and fly home. This options means we wouldn't end our vacation with Disney. :sad1:

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

Yay for Harry Potter!!! :wizard: I am a huge fan too!!! We are planning of going to IOA too just for HP!! This will be the first time we leave Disney to go there! I am so excited! We are planning on using the middle option you wrote about. I priced it out and it would be like $30 each way for a taxi from Disney property.

My vote is for the middle. I think renting a car would be a pain in the ... :rolleyes1 I also think because I know you love Disney like I do, that you really need to start and end your trip with Disney! I hear that mears is around 15 per person round trip so for the 3 of you (Eva being free) it would be about $45.00 and then you don't have to deal with any driving or renting the car... and you get an extra night- so actually you will have 2 extra nights at Disney now! :cloud9: The cost of renting the car and then paying for food vs the cost of being at disney an extra night on the dining plan and adding in the mears shuttle :confused: What do you think that is??? Even if it ends up being a little more maybe it is still worth it with the baby and all to make your trip as convenient as possible this time!!

I wanted to add that Chris and his girls (Wayne's Brother) is arriving a day earlier than us... on Thursday... he plans a relaxing night on Thursday- boat and dinner in DTD and then on Friday morning they will take the mears bus to Universal for the Harry Potter thing... and then Mears will take him back to POFQ on Friday night. If you do end up using that route, you will have to let me know all about it so I can tell him!!

Hey Nickie! I was thinking of doing US/IOA in the middle of our trip, but they are only open until 7pm and we would need 2 days to see everything because we have not been there in 10 years. Mears is $35/person roundtrip (taxi is the same), but Mike's a member of the National Car Emerald Club and has enough rewards for 2 free days so we are only paying $20 for car seats. I think we are going to start our vacation at US/IOA and end at Disney! We're getting really excited!! :yay:

I like the first idea with the FREE NIGHTS and the added time in US/IOA. Do you really need a vehicle if you go this route. Does HI have a bus service to US(most of the hotels do)? and how much would it cost for a taxi or car from the airport? than to WDW? or is it cheaper to just rent a small car?
I like the third option, too! but which one means more the taping of the Christmas parade or ending with Disney...
This is our first year we are ending w/US/IOA and not Disney...I'm the only one who is going to mind it...but, we have better digs at the end of our trip than at WDW. :rolleyes1
:wave2: Connie

I like the free nights too!! I was looking into a car and we looked up Mike's Emerald Club through National and he has enough rewards for 2 days so we only end up paying for car seats! :woohoo: When I was asking Mike which option he liked, he said, "We have to end our vacation at Disney!" I completely agree!

Great UP shirt. My girls also have the Gymbo shirt Emily is wearing. I think I would try to do it in the middle.

Hi Mary! I hope you are getting all of your last minute things together for your vacation next month! How exciting!!:thumbsup2

Yay for Harry Potter!!! :wizard: I am a huge fan too!!! We are planning of going to IOA too just for HP!! This will be the first time we leave Disney to go there! I am so excited! We are planning on using the middle option you wrote about. I priced it out and it would be like $30 each way for a taxi from Disney property.

Hey Reese! We were going to go for a day during the middle of our trip, but we haven't been in 10 years, so we want to go for 2 days and take it all in!

All righty! We have decided to start our vacation at US/IOA!! After doing some research, I discovered that Mike has enough rewards for 2 days of car rental so we only have to pay for the car seats!

Therefore, without further ado, the new schedule!

Friday, Dec 3rd - Travel & Universal Studios
Fly from DTW to MCO
Arrive in Orlando around 12:30pm
Pick up our rental car and head to Universal!
Enjoy the day at Universal
Spend the night at Holiday Inn Universal

Saturday, Dec 4th - Islands of Adventure
Enjoy the day at Islands of Adventure, especially the WW of Harry Potter and Spider Man (one of the best rides I have ever experienced)
Another night at the Holiday Inn

Sunday, Dec 5th - Magic Kingdom & MVMCP
Check out of the Holiday Inn and drive to the Wilderness Lodge
Check-in to the WL and drop off luggage
Drop off car at the Dolphin and hop on a bus to the MK
Casey's Corner for lunch
Nap/Pool time at the WL
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Emily
Cinderella's Royal Table for Dinner
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Monday, Dec 6th - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast at Crystal Palace & empty park photos
Cosmic Rays for Lunch
WL for Nap/Pool time
Artist Point for dinner
Back to MK for EMH

Tuesday, Dec 7th - Hollywood Studios
Play & Dine breakfast
Run with the masses to TSM!
Late lunch at Mama Melrose's with Fantasmic Package
Fantasmic
Movie on the beach at the WL

Wednesday, Dec 8th - Animal Kingdom
Sleep in
Kona Cafe for breakfast
Tusker House for Lunch
Dinner at California Grill
Electrical Water Pageant

Thursday, Dec 9th - Downtown Disney & Epcot World Showcase
Ohana's for breakfast
Shop at DTD
Ghirardelli's for lunch
WL for pool/nap time
Explore Epcot WS
Dinner at Le Cellier
Illuminations

Friday, Dec 10th - Epcot
Grab a snack for breakfast at Roaring Forks
Explore Future World
Italy's new pizzeria for lunch
WL for nap/pool time
Finish Future World
New Mexican Restaurant for dinner
Enjoy an evening at the WS during EMH

Saturday, Dec 11th - Magic Kingdom
1900 Park Fare for breakfast
Catch opening show at MK
The Wave for lunch (see Nic, I told you I'd fit it in! ;))
Nap/Pool time at the WL
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
Back to MK
Say good-bye to Cinderella's Castle :sad:

Sunday, Dec 12th - Travel :sad1:
Room Service breakfast while we pack
Magical Express back to MCO
Sit at the airport for 2 hours :sad2:
Fly back to DTW and relax before our routine begins again tomorrow!

Well there you have it! Another itinerary that I'm sure will change several times before December!!:laughing:

I like the choice! and Free room and car! doesn't get better than that!!!!! :yay:
and just think I bet that not only is it a slow week at the parks; but, because of the parade at Disney, US/IOA will be like you guys rented the place out! :yay: great plans so far!!!!
Hope you have been feeling better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter