We've booked the babies 1st trip and she's not even born yet! Dec 2010!

:headache:UGH, I had all of my responses typed out and then my webpage just closed and I lost everything! UGH:headache:

Subbing! I'm sorry about the hubby :( But at least Disney is closer every day! Eva is absolutely freaking gorgeous! And so is Emily :) I cannot wait to hear more! I'm writing a ptr too! I leave in a month :) Come check it out! I have some really cute baby stuff on there too :)

:welcome:and thanks for subbing! Thanks about DH, but he's doing all right. He said the other day that he likes his new job because he no longer has the stress he had before about the job or about having to travel and be away from us! :goodvibes Thanks for saying such nice things about the girls! We think they're pretty cute too!! :lovestruc I'm heading to your PTR as soon as I'm finishe here!

Looks like a fun day at the zoo! I can't believe Eva is 2 months old already. Congrats to Mike on the job. The girls are getting so big. Eva looks like a mini Emily.:lovestruc

We did have a fun day at the zoo, thanks!! I can't believe Eva is 2 months either. Tiime flies....!!! Eva is a spitting image of Emily especially now that she is filling out and isn't a little pixie stick anymore!

Hey Wendy!
You look GREAT!!! I love the pic of Eva in her pink hat. so cute!!!! So I have to tell u that I ALREADY have changed my hotel for Feb! We are going to stay at POFQ again and DOWN GRADE to basic Dining Plan.... I cant believe it.... I am a little sad about WL but we have lot's of family coming along this trip and I feel bad making everyone pay the deluxe price... AND I kind of want to go back to our more simple trips... and we love Port Orleans so I think it will be ok.... I just have to get used to the idea of taking the bus everywhere.

Talk to you soon!
Nic

Hi Nickie! :wave2: Thanks for the compliment! I need a haircut desperately, but other than that, I'm feeling pretty good! Just trying to lose some of this weight. The breast feeding is helping and we are going for lots of walks with our new stroller, but the chicken and dumplings I made for dinner last night probably wasn't the best idea. :rotfl:

I can't believe you are doing the big family trip again!! :eek: Mike is the youngest of 5 and his family always talks about going to Disney together someday, which would be 22 of us. In theory it sounds like a ton of fun, but in reality I think it might get crazy. I think the only way it would work is for all of us to do our own things and meet up for a few dinners or special Grand Gathering events throughout the vacation.

Bummer about the WL. You guys should still stay there and let the other family members stay where they want. You don't have to all be at the same resort do you?

I do know what you mean about the simpler vacations. We will probably go back to mods when the girls are older and don't need naps or strollers anymore....maybe!:rolleyes1 It's hard to downgrade once you've been spoiled by deluxe, having the Monorail, boats or walking to MK, Epcot or DHS is priceless!

Aww, what pictures of baby Eva. Sweet zoo pictures!! Do you ever go to the Toledo Zoo? We find we spend more time there than the Detroit one. Though I am considering getting an Individual Plus membership so we can head up to the Detroit Zoo without paying (we get half off with Toledo, but if I go four times, it is about the price of that membership even with the discount).

Nic: that is why we settled on POR--it just made sense with all the others coming with us to be more affordable. I really do not think we will be spending super amounts of time in the room, so POR will be great for us.

We usually go to the Toledo Zoo, but since it was still chilly we decided just to take a quick trip to the Detroit Zoo. I do prefer the Toledo Zoo though, there is so much more to see there. I'm sure we'll be there a few times this summer! I've been thinking about buying the membership too.

Does Lilian ever take classes at the Summit? Emily is taking a Littlest Chef class on Wednesdays that starts on the 17th. She is so excited! I've been thinking of getting a membership at the the Summit as well. I'm waiting until Eva is 3 months so she can go to the daycare while I work out. I need to get my big booty back in shape!

See you around town!!

Very cute pictures!!! I'm so glad the weather is finally starting to be nice enough to be out in. We had 50 degrees all weekend. It was lovely!!

HAPPY 2 MONTHS TO BABY EVA!!!!

And I feel the same way about wanting to buy pretty dresses and pack them away for Disney because that is what we were doing last year at this time! :sad2: I also wish we were going in May, but after May is over, we'll still have trips to look forward to, right! ;)

Hey Pam! I'm excited for the spring weather too! It's nice to get out after being cooped up all winter. I think I'm going to open some of the windows today for a few minutes just to air the house out! :idea:

You're right! After everyone is back from Disney in May, they will have nothing to look forward to and we will!! ;) :rotfl:

My MIL, who will be 70 this June and her BFF (also 70) went over to Canada to play BINGO as they do almost every week. As they were coming back across the border, they were asked to pull over for a search. :confused3 Two little old ladies must be on the suspicious persons list! :rotfl: Anyway, my BIL, who is a hunter, had left all of his hunting gear in the back of my MIL's car so when the border patrol officer popped the trunk there were several rifles ect.. in her trunk! :scared1: The harda$$ patrol officer then had my MIL and her friend in a room questioning them about the guns and what they were doing with them. My MIL explained that they were her son's hunting equipment, but I guess the patrol officer wasn't buying it. Maybe he sees lots of old lady terrorist coming across the border! :laughing: So he wanted to contact my BIL about the guns and his permits, but he is in jail right now for failing some mandatory drug tests, (yup, he's a real winner, 42, lives with MIL, no car, no job all because he loves the cocaine, but that's a whole other story) so finally, after running background checks on MIL and her BFF and thanks to a non-harda$$ patrol officer that did believe them, they were released and sent on their way 4 hours later!!

Mike and I were cracking up when MIL told us what had happened. We were just imagining two grandma terrorist lugging around rifles and sharp shooting the President or something!! :rotfl2: Or maybe they should make another Bourne movie starting Polly, my MIL and call it The Bourne Grandma!! :3dglasses

My MIL, who will be 70 this June and her BFF (also 70) went over to Canada to play BINGO as they do almost every week. As they were coming back across the border, they were asked to pull over for a search. :confused3 Two little old ladies must be on the suspicious persons list! :rotfl: Anyway, my BIL, who is a hunter, had left all of his hunting gear in the back of my MIL's car so when the border patrol officer popped the trunk there were several rifles ect.. in her trunk! :scared1: The harda$$ patrol officer then had my MIL and her friend in a room questioning them about the guns and what they were doing with them. My MIL explained that they were her son's hunting equipment, but I guess the patrol officer wasn't buying it. Maybe he sees lots of old lady terrorist coming across the border! :laughing: So he wanted to contact my BIL about the guns and his permits, but he is in jail right now for failing some mandatory drug tests, (yup, he's a real winner, 42, lives with MIL, no car, no job all because he loves the cocaine, but that's a whole other story) so finally, after running background checks on MIL and her BFF and thanks to a non-harda$$ patrol officer that did believe them, they were released and sent on their way 4 hours later!!

Mike and I were cracking up when MIL told us what had happened. We were just imagining two grandma terrorist lugging around rifles and sharp shooting the President or something!! :rotfl2: Or maybe they should make another Bourne movie starting Polly, my MIL and call it The Bourne Grandma!! :3dglasses
That is too funny and sad all in the same thought!
I can't believe they gave them such a hard time...four hours...:eek: my mom who is only 58 would have had a heart attack and died after 30 min worth...:rotfl:

and yes I did laugh while reading it...:sad2:

so, to catch up on the other posts: great Zoo pictures and your little sweetie is growing so quickly...Happy to hear things are working out for Mike in his new company and you are right when we get back and have the Disney blues you'll just be getting wound up!

Last night I made this:

DSCI0008.jpg

I made the Emily bracelet a few years ago after Emily was born and so I needed to add an Eva strand! I had ordered some of the beads online and some of the beads are from my wedding jewelry & bridesmaids jewelry that I also made. Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby for the double strand toggle, strung the beads and wah-lah, this is how it turned out!

I love it! :love:

I love the bracelet! My friend is a SAHM and she makes those and sells them to make a little extra money. They are great for wedding party gifts!!

Very cute bracelet Wendy! I can't believe the story about MIL getting stopped and harassed at the border. CRAZY! Eva is already 2 months old-WOW!!! Where does the time go? :sad2:

Last night I made this:

DSCI0008.jpg

I made the Emily bracelet a few years ago after Emily was born and so I needed to add an Eva strand! I had ordered some of the beads online and some of the beads are from my wedding jewelry & bridesmaids jewelry that I also made. Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby for the double strand toggle, strung the beads and wah-lah, this is how it turned out!

I love it! :love:

It is so pretty! I love them both :) I cannot believe Eva is already 2 months old! Holy moly! I love the Detroit Zoo! I live about 25 minutes away and I cannot wait till either next month or may so I can go back! Emily is adorable as always and I love the little pink sweater Eva was wearing! I'm updating my ptr as i'm typing this, so you should come check it out again! I subscribed to your ptr! Thanks for sharing!

Ok, I should not laugh but your poor MIL!! What the heck were they thinking when they decided to stop them? :confused3 Gorgeous bracelets!

Summit: We have not joined--I am afraid I won't use it consistently enough to get the money out of it. I am anxiously awaiting the weather to be nice (though it is nice right now but I came back from being OOT with the stomach flu :sick:) so I can get back outside walking and running. I want to go and walk Plymouth Township Park because of the hills--great workout!!

Hi! I'm a little behind, but I just found your PTR...everything looks good so far...your dining choices are making me hungry!!! :rotfl: I'm so glad I read the comments on your ADR's...I had NO idea they were making viewing for Illuminations during the refurbishments of the EPCOT Mexican pavilion restaurant! We each picked a place to eat & that's my DH's choice...so now I'm excited to add the Illuminations seating to my list!!! :)

I know what you mean about having to wait until December for your trip...we are going at the end of November & I can't wait!!! I think I'm driving everyone crazy talking about my planning...so I'm glad I have DIS boards because everyone on here understands!!! ;) I am able to make my ADR's on June 2nd...but I have already started planning meals as well! I've known for awhile where I want to eat, I just have to work on scheduling the days. I finally made a "Disney binder" and printed out menus the other night! I noticed you have Chef Mickey's on your list...have you eaten there before? Just wondered what you think of it...I've heard tons of good things from everyone on DIS!

Your girls are absolutely adorable!!! I have 2 boys...I think if I had girls I'd be broke from buying all the cute little outfits with matching hairbows, socks, shoes, etc. There just aren't as many options for boys! ;) I'm very excited though...my first niece will be arriving any day now!!! So I guess I will be able to spoil her...I'm already planning to bring her back Princess stuff from Disney! :rolleyes1

Can't wait to read more of your PTR!!!

I forgot two things in my reply...sorry!

First I completely understand what you were going through with your husband. Mine was laid off last year for about 7 months & we didn't qualify for any of the unemployment extensions. :sad2: He's been with the same employer for over 10 years now...so it was a big change for him. It was tough but we got through it! I am a stay-at-home mom but I also do online sales part-time so we were lucky to have some income (we also were prepared for this with a savings as you had...I completely understand the importance of having that!) He actually was called back to work about a month ago, so things are looking good again! :) BUT my point was...that I am super glad that things worked out so well for your husband & he has a position he really enjoys now AND is able to be home with his family! That's the most important thing!

Second of all...what was that policeman thinking??? I was laughing hysterically...I was picturing in my mind two older ladies with rifles...:lmao:

Seriously??? I just don't understand why the police would have questioned them. I feel badly they were held up for 4 hours & he didn't believe them. :sad2: Thank goodness the other officer believed them & let them go!!! Thanks for sharing the story with all of us!

I love the bracelet :love:. I can't believe Eva is 2 months now :scared1: Where does time go? I know it was a huge relief when Mike was kept on at his new job. I'm still waiting to see this "great recovery" the economy has made :rolleyes1.

Your poor MIL. That is sad that they treat someone like her that way, but the terrorists, that were at Guantanamo Bay, are being treated like THEY were being done wrong :sad1:. I swear those 70 yo bingo playing ladies are who we need to be on the look out for...........:lmao:

Hey all!! :yay:

Sorry I've been MIA lately! The weather has been nice and so we've been playing outside much more. Unfortunately, today it is cold and rainy again. :sad1: We've also all had colds around here and on Sunday, I went to the emergency room with severe pain on the right side of my lower back. Turns out I had a kidney stone! YIKES and OUCH!! Luckily, the docs gave me a shot of Torodol (sp??) and I have felt MUCH better ever since. :thumbsup2

On to the vacation update....

I think we have decided to leave a day early. We are thinking of flying out on Friday afternoon around 5:30pm which gets us into MCO around 8pm. I know it sounds like a waist of a Disney day, but we are thinking of doing this for 2 reasons.
1) They usually tape the Disney Christmas parade that first weekend of December, so if we get in on Friday night we could go to the parade taping on Sat. morning (of we get tickets). Fun and a new experience for us.

2) We usually fly out super early on Sat morning, like 6:30am which means we are up at 4:30am and at the airport around 5:15am. This makes for an exhausting first day because when we get to Disney our room isn't usually ready until after 3pm. Without a nap, we are all a little cranky and ready to pass out when we get in the room, but because of the excitement of being at Disney, we usually just suck it up and keep on trucking! It would be nice to get in Friday night, relax and enjoy the resort for a while then get a good nights sleep so we are ready to get our Disney on!
If we do arrive on Fri instead of Sat, we have an extra 3 food credits each (DxDP). Holy cow! Actually those would be great for the mornings we just want something to eat from Roaring Forks at WL or another signature restaurant.

I swear there was something else that I was going to talk about, but I just can't remember! :confused3 I'm sure it will come to me! :idea:

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great week! Now I need to get off of this computer and clean this family room. All of the toys from the playroom have migrated in here again. :headache:

Hey Wendy! Don't blame you for wanting to fly in on Friday evening, just not having to get up and fly at the crack of down is worth it to me! It would be so cool to be there when they tape the parade too. :goodvibes: Those three extra dining credits would be great too!

Ahh, your toys migrate too? Amazing--they do here too! :rotfl2:

Flying out the night before sounds like a great plan. My girls would love to attend the parade taping. They are big time into the teen Disney stars and usually at least one or two of them put on a concert during the parade.

Last night was Princess and the Frog night at our house! We had Tiana's Place jambalaya, Mama Odie's corn bread and Ray's bayou salad. For dessert we made Prince Naveen froggy cupcakes! ( they weren't as cute as yours, Nickie!!)

Sorry the pics are poor quality, I can't find the charger to my camera so I had to use my phone!

IMG0059712.jpg

IMG0059812.jpg

IMG0059512.jpg

IMG0059612.jpg

IMG0059912.jpg

We had such a fun night and can't wait for next month's Disney night! Emily woke up this morning and the first thing she said was, "can we do UP night tonight?"

How fun! Wendy
your cupcakes came out really cute! love the decorations and the girls are sooooo precious!
can't wait for the next one!

Looks so fun Wendy! Your decorations are too cute. Little Eva with her crown is too precious. :lovestruc

We did a P&TF night tonight and I tried and tried to get the girls to let me make some real New Orleans cuisine and they just wouldn't have it. I got a lot of "YUCK MOMMA!". :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter