• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wettest wet ride

A topic from the past i know, but it was fun.
Let's get this one started up again..............

Carene

I still agree. Rode Atlantis three times in January (front row) and barely got wet at all. Dudley gets you about the same, but I've always gotten very wet, in various degrees, on Popeye. Kali doesn't do it for me.

Another vote for Popeye....The best ride of my life was back in 2002 when Barry, CPM and a bunch of people from this board all rode this ride together. Ponchos or no ponchos we were soaked ot the bone!! :bounce:

I rode Atlantis for the first time on January 4 of this year. I was prepared to get soaked and was disappointed. Rode the next time in the front row and was drenched! But still nothing like the soaking we got on the barges.

Thanks, IOA Tech for your expertise! We love having guys like you on the board!

Originally posted by Robinrs
Another vote for Popeye....The best ride of my life was back in 2002 when Barry, CPM and a bunch of people from this board all rode this ride together. Ponchos or no ponchos we were soaked ot the bone!! :bounce:
b]

Yes, that was a blast! But that was Popeye in the pouring rain!! Can't get ANY wetter then that, now can you???
I also think Tidal wave at BG is up there.

Roller Soaker in Hershey Park... same set up ast the Syper Saturartor in Carowinds...

I got wetter there than Popeye, and Dudley, and Journey to
atlantis...

I'll go with Journey Into Atlantis I was in the front seat, I had no clue how soaked I would get. I first went on 12/98 and it was a chilly day, I had pants and a sweat jacket on. Well not only did the boat fill with water and soak my pant, I soaked my wallet, I burned out my cell phone.

So I had to go to the gift shop and buy a shirt, a jacket, a sweat pants, total cost $123.75 just because I didn't know about how soaked I would get.

So in Soaking Factor I say it's the wettest ride I have been on.

Others would be

1. Jurassic Park, I have rarely ever got wet on it (I sit in the very last row, all the way to the left.)

2. Popeye and Bluto's Bilage Rat Barges, I have gone on it and come off with only my shoes soaked and some splashes of water on my shorts. (I sit on the seat to the left of the entrance/exit of the raft.)

Mike

Nah, someone bumped up a really old post.

The wettest ride I've ever been on is Roller Soaker at Hersheypark. It's right up there with a Popeye soaking! :)

Barry, I told you about Roller Soaker.. between the squiring up and down, I wonder if you got as drenched as we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter