• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

Have you ever been to Angels Stadium? I would like to see rennovated Chavez ravine or Angels Stadium, but the Dodgers are in town when I'm at Disneyland and the Angels are in town when I'm in Hollywood. Which makes travel without a car to the game hard?

No, we've never been to an Angel's game.....but we've been to a Dodger's game in 2005!! We usually drive, so we have a car to get around.....I'm not sure how you would get to a game with out one...... :confused3

I'm enjoying seeing all of your plans. :goodvibes

I am planning a similar trip for February 2015. (Though, circumstances have me reconsidering timing or splitting into two trips.)
My boys will be 5 and 7 when we go. We would be driving from the Seattle area and taking 3-5 days to drive down. I was originally planning to do some stuff in San Francisco, but I've found so much in LA and San Diego that we might have to skip San Francisco. The stuff you are planning makes me want to reconsider my original plan. Too. much. to. do! :faint:

I'm enjoying seeing all of your plans. :goodvibes

I am planning a similar trip for February 2015. (Though, circumstances have me reconsidering timing or splitting into two trips.)
My boys will be 5 and 7 when we go. We would be driving from the Seattle area and taking 3-5 days to drive down. I was originally planning to do some stuff in San Francisco, but I've found so much in LA and San Diego that we might have to skip San Francisco. The stuff you are planning makes me want to reconsider my original plan. Too. much. to. do! :faint:

The San Francisco & Hollywood area gets expensive. Motels are much higher here & parking can be a real nightmare....so consider that before changing your plans.

We're excited to be going down to San Diego this time....just wish I had one more day.....but unfortunately, the timing isn't right.

Are you planning on coming down I-5 or down the coast line thru Oregon?

The San Francisco & Hollywood area gets expensive. Motels are much higher here & parking can be a real nightmare....so consider that before changing your plans.

We're excited to be going down to San Diego this time....just wish I had one more day.....but unfortunately, the timing isn't right.

Good to know about the lodging prices. I haven't gotten far enough to start pricing that stuff out yet.

My preference is to go down the coast, but DH and I both deal with motion sickness. And it looks like YoYo might too. :sick: So, it might not be our wisest option.
I'm currently thinking of I-5 until we get to San Francisco and the go down the coast to miss the really awful parts of I-5.

DizNee Luver said:

One thing with the parking a lot of the tourist locations like Pier 39 give you a discount if you get your ticket validated. Beware of the parking meters though because they'll gouge you.

Good to know about the lodging prices. I haven't gotten far enough to start pricing that stuff out yet.

My preference is to go down the coast, but DH and I both deal with motion sickness. And it looks like YoYo might too. :sick: So, it might not be our wisest option.
I'm currently thinking of I-5 until we get to San Francisco and the go down the coast to miss the really awful parts of I-5.

If you go down I-5, cut across to SF so you can stop in Fairfield and visit the Jelly Belly Factory!! We've done this a few times & in fact, kaoden (below) and I got to meet in person there....since she lives in Fairfield!!

One thing with the parking a lot of the tourist locations like Pier 39 give you a discount if you get your ticket validated. Beware of the parking meters though because they'll gouge you.

We're staying in the Presidio area and will either take a long hike to the Pier or take a bus. Not gonna try to find parking down at the pier. Besides our motel has "limited" spaces.....so if we get a spot in the lot (which is free parking...shocker!!)....then we're gonna keep it!!

If you go down I-5, cut across to SF so you can stop in Fairfield and visit the Jelly Belly Factory!! We've done this a few times & in fact, kaoden (below) and I got to meet in person there....since she lives in Fairfield!!

Yes!!! I actually had this exact plan in mind. :thumbsup2

Wow your binders and organizational skills are amazing!! I have a phone that allows me to do itineraries and I put everything on there and mom always makes a folder to put in confirmations and such but wow you have lots of great info! I just love looking at our reports cuz it is so fun to plan along with you and I get just as excited waiting for your updates.

Our trip with the girls is coming up in a few weeks and I am excited as while they are at the conference we are going to the Pacific Science Center to see the space shuttle and other fun stuff and we have decided to add the Grammy Museum and then we will be stopping at the farmer's market/Grove for dinner.

We only get 1 day each at Disney but I am glad we get something because we have changed our plans for next summer and are doing our NY trip then instead of the fall so we have more time. So now I literally have NO idea when we will be back at Disney. At this point it could be 2 or 3 years. EEK!

Nope! This will be a first. It definitely sounds fun!

I'll post a couple pics of the Jelly Belly Factory later today (as long as my sick kids are done being sick) :sick:

Wow your binders and organizational skills are amazing!! I have a phone that allows me to do itineraries and I put everything on there and mom always makes a folder to put in confirmations and such but wow you have lots of great info! I just love looking at our reports cuz it is so fun to plan along with you and I get just as excited waiting for your updates.

Our trip with the girls is coming up in a few weeks and I am excited as while they are at the conference we are going to the Pacific Science Center to see the space shuttle and other fun stuff and we have decided to add the Grammy Museum and then we will be stopping at the farmer's market/Grove for dinner.

We only get 1 day each at Disney but I am glad we get something because we have changed our plans for next summer and are doing our NY trip then instead of the fall so we have more time. So now I literally have NO idea when we will be back at Disney. At this point it could be 2 or 3 years. EEK!

That will be neat seeing the space shuttle!! Well 1 day at Disney is better than nothing.....I couldn't imagine going 2-3 years!! :faint:

Ok, as promised....a couple pics from our 2010 trip to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, CA.

Just a small group of friends & family that met up there & did the tour together!!

Nice!! I want to go one day. By the way, last week, I found out that I have been nominated for Prom Court!! That's right, I have been nominated for prom queen!!

Thank you!!! I'm up against 5 other girls. At prom, I will be wearing a sash and a tiara. In addition, in a few weeks, we reveal the prom stuff and we will be introduced. I found out on the morning announcements

What a wonderful memory for your senior year!!! princess: I bet you'll look beautiful in your gown, sash & tiara!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter