We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

I am trying to plan our road trip to Disneyland and I can't decide whether to go in June or July? If we go in June we would be at DL and DCA June 20 & 21 which according to touringplans the crowd level will be an 8. But, in July if we go to DL July 23 and DCA Jul 24 the crowd levels are predicted to be a 5 & 6.

I have been to DL and DCA in June and July I was even there the week Carsland opened so I know what it's like. I just can't figure out whey July would have a much lower crowd lever prediction. :confused3

I was hoping that you may have some kind of insider information as to why or maybe I just can't trust touringplans.

I want to make my hotel reservations pretty soon but, I just don't know if June or July is better. If the crowd level in late July will really be that low then, I will go in July.

Let me know what you think .

Thank you!

It could be when more of the Annual Passes are blocked.....not sure cause I haven't looked at it lately. I know the week of the 4th of July will be the busiest time in July. We've gone in July before and found the crowds to be manageable.

I have never been to the Snoopy museum but I would love to. I reccomend going to the Snoopy Store after you guys eat.

I have never been to the Snoopy museum but I would love to. I reccomend going to the Snoopy Store after you guys eat.

We will check out the store before we leave!! We are not eating at the museum but at Guy Fieri's restaurants~~Johnny Garlic's in Santa Rosa. :goodvibes

So I just finished working & fine tuning our budget for this trip. Taking 7 people on a 2 week long road trip is not cheap....especially when it includes Disneyland. :rolleyes1 We also decided instead of driving our SUV and getting a car top carrier for our luggage (too expensive and not sure it would begin to give us the space we needed) or renting a small U-Haul trailer (not sure we wanted to be finding parking for our SUV and trailer).....we've decided to rent a 12 passenger van. We've done this before and think it would be the way to go. One very good thing about renting a vehicle is....if it breaks down or needs a tire, they cover this....it's not something I need to figure into our budget.

So I've priced out our motels, attraction tickets, gas (estimated mileage x MPG x $4/gallon), souvenirs, snacks/daily, meals (estimated each meal & how much to spend including tax/tips where applicable), rental van & extra (parking, etc). I try to budget high, so we're covered....... I've come up with $16,500. We've already covered half of this and I've projected monies coming in over the next 5 months to cover the other half.

It's a hefty goal since we don't tend to have a lot of extra money each month.....but I think this is doable & totally worth it!!! :banana:

144 Days to Go!!!

So organized! Love it! Sounds like one fabulous trip for sure!
I bet the 12 person van gives a lot of space as well!

So organized! Love it! Sounds like one fabulous trip for sure!
I bet the 12 person van gives a lot of space as well!

Well......it gives us a little room, but with all the stuff we have to take....it fills up quickly! It will give us more room then the SUV.....lol

Look what came today!!! :dance3: Excited to see our City Pass Tickets come in since this was our biggest online purchase!!

So these are our 3 day Park Hoppers for Disneyland, 1 day Universal Studios & 1 day Sea World....plus we added on the San Diego Zoo (that is what the sticker is on the cards).

HOW EXCITING YOU GOT YOUR PASSES IN!!! I just got tickets I ordered for a Bruno Mars concert and a Stl. Cardinals game in Saturday and I was jumping up and down I will probably do a cartwheel when our Disneyland tickets come in :rotfl2:

HOW EXCITING YOU GOT YOUR PASSES IN!!! I just got tickets I ordered for a Bruno Mars concert and a Stl. Cardinals game in Saturday and I was jumping up and down I will probably do a cartwheel when our Disneyland tickets come in :rotfl2:

Fun tickets you got! I'm ordering our Angels baseball tickets this weekend!

It was like Christmas at our house today......The Fed Ex truck came this morning and dropped off our Disney Gift Cards!!

Then when Mike & I were at the store, another Fed Ex truck stopped at the house with our Famous Dave's BBQ Gift Card & the In & Out Gift Cards.

Then......get this......yet another Fed Ex delivery vehicle shows up with our San Diego Zoo Gift Cards!!

Next, the UPS truck stopped and brought a video monitor that Developmental Disability Services had purchased for Michayla. Now when she's downstairs & we're in the upstairs (main part of the house)......we can see what she's doing....not just hear (or not hear.....).

The mail lady came and brought a box with Snoopy, Woodstock & Charlie Brown plushes in it!!! Michayla immediately grabbed up Snoopy and kissed it's nose. We also got our tickets for the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Only trip related purchase I'm waiting on, is the Hard Rock Cafe Gift Cards....which are supposed to be here tomorrow.

I am so glad I started reading your PTR because you gave me the idea to go ahead and order some gift cards to places we plan to eat...just got one for in and out burger!! so excited!

I am so glad I started reading your PTR because you gave me the idea to go ahead and order some gift cards to places we plan to eat...just got one for in and out burger!! so excited!

I love having as much taken care of ahead of time as possible.....can't spend gift cards for something like San Diego Zoo and In & Out when we don't have that anywhere near us. If the money sits in the bank.....it tends to get a small leak that adds up over time....... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Just purchased our Disney Family Museum Tickets....be aware, buying these on line are a "Print at Home" only option.

Tomorrow the Angel's baseball tickets go on sale.....so I'll be getting those in the morning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter