Welcome to WISH-topia! March 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Hello,

I am Sam 44 year old mum to 3, working full-time. So over the last week I have been realising that I give lots of recommendations in my professional role about health, balance, well-being, self-regulation, strengthening, being active, making changes to the way activities are done .....BUT I really don't LIVE the recommendations I make myself! Crazy huh. So similar to others I was a thin younger person and then pregnancies, relationship breakdown and feeling bad about myself got in the way and here I am at a place I never imagined. I have been more focused on losing for a year but am sad to say not much LOSS progress has been made but at least I seem to have STOPPED gaining so I need to recognise that as a good thing. Part of the problem is I have never been a sporty exercise person - and didn't have to be for my weight when younger. I struggle with finding time to fit it in between working and looking after the kids. For example last night picked them up from their grandparents, got take-away for dinner as I was just exhausted, got home just before 6pm, had dinner and then followed another goal I had which was to help the kids focus on their homework and revision - DS16 is in year 11 and the twins are in year 8 - it just feels like a year of needed to get them more organised and focused - especially for DD and maths. So I went between the twins proof reading one of their assignments and helping them/teaching them how to edit and hone their thoughts after they have done that initial purge of thoughts onto the computer. Again this was an area I felt was lacking for me with the kids when I spend soooo much of my professional time helping other people's children to have their best opportunity at school. So that was done by about 9-9.30 - I watched like 10 minutes of tv - thank goodness there no good shows on - so dragged myself to bed - read a book for about 10 pages and then was asleep by around 10pm which is a little early for me but I was DONE.

So whilst I have a few personal goals going on about trying to get more balance between work and home, help the kids and try to find some ME time which I will no doubt chat about throughout the month. My official goal for March will be back to food! I will eat mostly home-made meals and focus on the goals set with my dietician in December as the have fallen by the wayside over the summer. I will give myself 10 opportunities for non-home made meals as a buffer - but with breakfast, lunch and dinner I have 93 opportunities for homemade meals in March!

It is my Mum's birthday this month so that will likely be one eating out meal this month - but apart from that it is looking good and it is just about me getting organised again with meal plans and shopping accordingly.

Have a great day everyone - as for my Woohoo Wednesday - I'm not feeling it so I will WOOHOO @Lady Marie for hosting this month with a great theme.

I also have a new fitbit that tells me if I have not gotten 250+ steps for the hour. Getting these steps really help at the end of the day so it is not a mountain to climb to get 10,000. I am thinking of upping my step count to 11,000 but I am going to give it a week or so beofre doing that.

That's a great feature to help keep you on track! You can do it!!!

Be less critical to myself. Don't go over my daily calories. Don't weigh myself. Focus on feeling good and eating healthy but also happy

Being less critical is a great idea-- one I could make my own goal some time!

Instead of doing a weight goal for this month I'm going to concentrate on a mileage goal. My goal is 60 running miles and 40 biking miles. My husband wants me to do a duathlon with him in April so we'll see how this month's training goes.

Talk about some inspiration! You've got this!

No real obstacles in my way other than MYSELF! ..................P

I hear ya!!!

It is woo hoo Wednesday and I have one that I want to share. We might be going to Disney World this year. Nothing is for sure yet but it is a possibility.

That's an awesome woohoo!!! And shame on me for forgetting it was Wednesday! Glad you shared and reminded me!

My goal this month is to track every day. When I'm successful, I track in MFP and I've got to get back to it. I'm an accountant and when I can think of my daily eating as my food "budget", I do pretty well. So, I feel like if I track every day, the weight loss will follow. I hope that with the daily tracking, I will lose at least 8 pounds this month, but the goal I'm going to report here will be on the tracking.

It's interesting how when we repackage an idea in our head it's more manageable. I know you can stick to your "budget" this month and meet that goal! :)

I'm in it for the win. I'm throwing down the proverbial gauntlet with myself and going for a straight up weight loss goal: I want to drop 15 pounds by the time I go to Texas in April, which means 10 pounds in March. Do-able in the sense that's it's just over an average of 2 pounds per week, but also a challenge because I've done virtually nothing about weight control the past 6 months. I had my second Rolfing appointment this morning, and starting to feel better is getting me in the head space to get back on track. Just cutting out sweets will result in a good weight loss, but I'm going to also concentrate on food quality, with lots of greens and veggies.

Here's to a healthful March for all of us!

Totally do-able! You've got this!!!

My official goal for March will be back to food! I will eat mostly home-made meals and focus on the goals set with my dietician in December as the have fallen by the wayside over the summer. I will give myself 10 opportunities for non-home made meals as a buffer - but with breakfast, lunch and dinner I have 93 opportunities for homemade meals in March!

Great goal! It starts with how we fuel ourselves for sure. And that's great that you aren't gaining! I think I loose sight of that myself sometimes. I was STEADY gaining for two years. I've stopped that pattern at least! :)

Let's see..... The cliffnotes version of me: I'm an upper 20 something year old living 3 hours south of Disney World. I've gained a fair amount after being comfortably married. I lost some, but haven't been able to lose the last 15 I would like to. Maybe even more. I got serious in January ( tired of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over again), so I joined Orangetheory and also started a fresh meal plan to keep myself out of the fast food.

I'm doubling my attendance at the gym this month. So my goal is eight classes. I noticed a difference in my body this month after having done it for eight weeks, so I'm excited to see what happens by upping this and getting more serious!

The only obstacle I can foresee is that I'm doing a weekend class now and usually I'm very lazy. But, I've cleared my schedule so that I can try to overcome that and keep moving!

We all have our own dreams and WISHes for this month inspired by our backstory-- what's your backstory? Tell us about yourself!

What are your dreams/goals for this month?

What push backs and obstacles are in your way this month? What's your plan to overcome them?

My goal this month is to exercise a total of 650 minutes at the very least. This will mainly be walking though as time and budget for the extra gas allow I would like to get in some swimming as well along with some toning exercises at home.

My push back and obstacles are going to be managing my time around working my business, completing online surveys that I do for some extra money. Another obstacle is socks that don't fall down and bunch around my feet, even some of my new ones have a tendency to do this.

A little about me
I am 43, married with 2 girls ages 12 and 9. My 9 year old has multiple special needs. I am the rabbit leader in our 4-H club and that along with church services is my social life.

Numbers for March 1
25 laps in 18 minutes though it was pushing to get the last little bit done.

12 year old got the dress she was sewing for showcase done except for hemming today. She tried it on so her leader could help her figure out how much of a hem to take on it and it is so tight across her stomach that she is not going to have any room for growth. She had started an different dress using different material having cut it to the size her measurements said she needed. She got it far enough that she was able to get an idea on how it was going to fit her and it was going to really iffy if she could still wear it for fair time in August. ( They have to model or have the same person model if they make clothing for some one other than themselves for both showcase in April and the fair in August). Her leader had her add an inch on either side of the pattern. The plan is for her to make a sash out of some of the Minnie Mouse material that 9 year old made a simple gathered skirt out of last year as a a cloverbud ( 4-H program for younger kids that they only get participation ribbons for activities) to tie it in the middle and she is going to hem it to fit her sister. The plan is for her to make a lap quilt and at least one more memory t-shirt pillow ( she has one done so far that she is giving to her cousin for Christmas that says Brother for Sale Cheap that was in some hand me downs from that particular cousin. She is doing one from her big sister shirt next and has some other shirts she might get done as well) and then if there is time before she would have to have her registration turned in she will make something for herself. Her leader wants her to challenge herself to make either shorts or capris since she has done a simple gathered type skirt the past 2 years. If she gets it done she will model that outfit in the sewing division or she can just walk up with her sister modeling the dress that she made for her. She has gotten a winter hat done and I need to double check where she is on the scarf she is knitting and find out if she is planning on trying to do something for other areas that they can compete in other than sewing, ready to wear, display, quilt ( small), and needle work.

Y'all - I did not forget about you so soon. This morning was off to an unexpected rough start. I forgot about a Dr appt AND overslept. Finally catching my breath and getting back into my groove. QOTD will be posted momentarily! :-)

Question of the Day: March 2

tumblr_o3safeRoZ81uj92k5o1_500.gif

Meet Benjamin Clawhauser: the guy everyone thinks is just a flabby Donut-loving Cop. (His words not mine!)

Clawhouser (a personal favorite) is in LOOOOOOVE with doughnuts (another personal favorite)!

tumblr_o8kdfuGH891rr9dcxo5_250.gif

We all have our kryptonite when it comes to certain treats and goodies.

What's yours? How do you manage that temptation? Are there healthier substitutes that you have made on your journey to a healthier you?

Bonus: If you've seen the movie, who's your favorite character?

12 year old got the dress she was sewing for showcase done except for hemming today. She tried it on so her leader could help her figure out how much of a hem to take on it and it is so tight across her stomach that she is not going to have any room for growth. She had started an different dress using different material having cut it to the size her measurements said she needed. She got it far enough that she was able to get an idea on how it was going to fit her and it was going to really iffy if she could still wear it for fair time in August. ( They have to model or have the same person model if they make clothing for some one other than themselves for both showcase in April and the fair in August). Her leader had her add an inch on either side of the pattern. The plan is for her to make a sash out of some of the Minnie Mouse material that 9 year old made a simple gathered skirt out of last year as a a cloverbud ( 4-H program for younger kids that they only get participation ribbons for activities) to tie it in the middle and she is going to hem it to fit her sister. The plan is for her to make a lap quilt and at least one more memory t-shirt pillow ( she has one done so far that she is giving to her cousin for Christmas that says Brother for Sale Cheap that was in some hand me downs from that particular cousin. She is doing one from her big sister shirt next and has some other shirts she might get done as well) and then if there is time before she would have to have her registration turned in she will make something for herself. Her leader wants her to challenge herself to make either shorts or capris since she has done a simple gathered type skirt the past 2 years. If she gets it done she will model that outfit in the sewing division or she can just walk up with her sister modeling the dress that she made for her. She has gotten a winter hat done and I need to double check where she is on the scarf she is knitting and find out if she is planning on trying to do something for other areas that they can compete in other than sewing, ready to wear, display, quilt ( small), and needle work.

That's so neat that your girls are learning those skills!

Have anyone seen the documentary Embrace? Well worth a watch (deals with body image issues

No, but I want to! I remember when it was coming out I was looking for screenings in my area. The closest was an hour away, and I am not a fan of driving Miami as it is. Maybe it's streaming somewhere by now .....

Kryptonite is just another word for sugar in my world. Top of the list: ice cream, baked goods, candy, let's see, what else has sugar in it? I could/should try fruit instead, and I've also heard that increased protien helps with sugar cravings.

I haven't seen the movie, but it is on my list.

I forgot to weight myself this morning, so I'm not certain of my starting point for this month yet... need to remember to do it tomorrow morning.

I've started coming into the office at 6:30am again, and it is working out very nicely. I was finding that mid-morning I was having high stress when things started to pile up on me, so coming early gives me more quiet time to get thru my morning routine before the rest of the world starts to arrive and needs things from me. I like to get up on the hour (neat and tidy) and with my old schedule had barely 40 minutes to get ready (and often went sans makeup as a result), but with this new schedule I have a full hour, which feels very relaxed. Its funny that getting up an hour early can be so much more restful :).

I found some pickled carrots and red beets at the grocery store last night, so I'm going to start having my light dinners of pickled veggies and crackers. And the days are so much longer now that there is sun light almost to 6pm, so evening walks are on the agenda. I changed my screen saver to a picture of a Texan Long Horn sleeping in a field of Blue Bonnets, and am starting to get excited about Texas in the spring, which is helping me get motivated about my weight loss goal for the month!

Question of the Day: March 2

tumblr_o3safeRoZ81uj92k5o1_500.gif

Meet Benjamin Clawhauser: the guy everyone thinks is just a flabby Donut-loving Cop. (His words not mine!)

Clawhouser (a personal favorite) is in LOOOOOOVE with doughnuts (another personal favorite)!

tumblr_o8kdfuGH891rr9dcxo5_250.gif

What's yours? How do you manage that temptation? Are there healthier substitutes that you have made on your journey to a healthier you?

I love white cake with white frosting, Tagalongs, Peanut Butter M & M's, dove chocolate, malley's chocolate (a local place) and oreo's. Oh and I can not forget cookie dough and doughnuts. I just do not buy them or make them that often. Over Christmas with making cookies was good with only eating a little bit of cookie dough. We will see what happens when I get the 5 boxes of Tagalongs here soon. Ugh to many friends kids were selling them. I will share with the kids though so that will help. Hopefully I will be better at control then last year. I ate a whole box one night.

I love the movie. I really like Judy and Nick. They are funny together. I also love the sloth. The kids and I would imitate him for my husband who refused to go see the movie.

I'm in this month! As seems to be the consensus, it was a rough month for me. I experimented with a few things that I don't think were overly successful for the most part. That said, I did have some great progress when it came to exercise last month. So baby steps. It's a journey that's never ending, that's for sure.

Backstory: My name is Paige. I'm 24 and have one very spoiled cat child named Nancy. You can follow me on instagram. I'm @Paigevader. I primarily post pictures of Nancy just as a warning :) .

GOAL: I'm going back to a weight loss goal this month as it seems to be the most successful way to keep me on track. My goal this month is to lose 9 pounds. That will get me out of the 190s and officially allow me to break through this dang plateau! It's not really a physical plateau as much as a mental one.

I have two obstacles this month. For one, every weekend is an obstacle for me. That's all in will power though. It's all me. The second obstacle is that I'm going to be travelling to St. Louis with my boss and my coworker for a couple of days in two weeks. That's going to throw off my eating and my routine. So I need to be aware of when I'm working out and what I'm putting into my body.

My kryptonite is definitely Cheeze-It crackers. I can eat a whole box in just a few days. They were always my "snack" at work and I'd bring in the whole box and it would be gone in just a few days. Now, I just don't buy them. I know they have the 100 calorie packs that I could buy to help with portions, but I'm sure knowing myself, I'd just eat the whole box of them! Now, for my snack I bring in pretzels, so I still get my salty fix, but I could them out each morning and just bring in one serving, so that's all that's available. I've found that I actually enjoy them instead of mindlessly eating the crackers like I used to do.

One of my co-workers snacks on crackers and she does like I used to do by bringing in the box. Unlike me though, she can control her eating and just puts a few on a napkin each day and eats off of them. Her box lasts her a long time. Maybe someday I'll be to that point where I can do that, but for now my little baggies of treat will have to do!

Bonus question: I haven't seen the movie, but your clips are making me want to. I'll have to put it on my list to see!

Ha we had donuts in the break room this morning! The whole room smells like that sticky sweet sugar. Oddly enough, they aren't tempting for me. I do like them but that smell makes me feel icky. Now I am TERRIBLE at managing my temptation. I usually give in and then feel terrible and thus the binge cycle begins. IT's what makes weekends so difficult for me. I have found that on those weekends where I buy some halo top ice cream that's been helpful. If I don't feel like I 'm going to shoot myself in the foot with the dessert regardless then that motivates me a bit more to stay on track.

For me it would have to be chocolate. Having things so tight financially that what I have to get groceries is so low on some pay checks that I can't afford to get any helps. I have also gone to the more premium brands when I do buy some so that I feel satisfied with just a little bit. Once in a while I will pick up some carob chips at the health food store though just like chocolate they have a tendency to melt if too warm.

Ice cream is probably my biggest weakness. I don't buy it at the grocery store so that cuts down on the temptation but on a nice day we'll still go and get a cone.

I'm in this month! As for a goal... hmm... last month I set a very aggressive (for me, anyway) exercise goal and crashed-and-burned when life got how it gets sometimes... so this month, I'm going to stick with "sticking with my Sparkpeople plan." (That basically means staying in my calorie range, getting 180 minutes per week of exercise, and I'm also going to actually try to drink real, clear, nothing-chemical-added WATER like I'm supposed to... but "on plan" is what I'll track... it gives me more flexibility if some days go to poop....) Once again I'm hoping for a loss of at least 4, preferably closer to 8 pounds... but I find I do better if I make the process the goal and let the loss be a byproduct. As I reported on the other thread, I had a last-minute (probably water, or worse, muscle) loss yesterday, so I'm expecting the first week or so to probably be a reversal of that... I am consistently Inconsistent!

... but I had a Dr appt this morning, and by their scale I'm down 20 lbs from last year, so that's something, at least... now for the other 60lbs... :rolleyes1

Obstacles... life. ;P Actually, with the goal as flexible as that one, it should be ok.

Kryptonite? Whatever everyone ELSE is eating! On my own, I don't want bacon-cheesy-ranch fries, would never even think of them... until someone is munching them right in front of me! Luckily they have all been on burgers and ice cream for a while now, and those don't tempt me...

I agree with Ski Mom, thinking of it at a "budget" helps a lot...

QOTD - chocolate and junk takeout is my weakness! I have stopped buying bags of snack size choc for the fridge. I know I can't have it there anymore - DS was off sick last week and asked for a bag of twirls (one of my favs) - yep u guessed it I went straight back to habit of snacking on them too often then they were all gone way too quick! I am trying to do homemade burgers rather than McDonald's.

I haven't seen this movie - whilst I thought the characters looked cute - the adds just didn't pull me in enough.

Ok I am feeling proud of myself right now - I only had time to take yoghurt with md to work today and I was at a school until after 2 then I was in the supermarket and totally thought I was getting a bag of chips but then out of nowhere I turned around and bought a banana and a snack pack of cheese and crackers! It may have something to do with the kid who said to me today "your not pregnant are you?" To which I replied "nope just overweight".

18 minutes of walking with 24 house laps completed plus 5 minutes of exercise ball and stretch bands for toning for a total of 23 minutes of exercise for March 2. Grand monthly total 41 minutes.
Right now my weakness is the Ben and Jerry's I have in the basement chest freezer ( I still have 4 of the ones I bought back the end of January) my not wanting to go outside and downstairs is what is keeping me from indulging. 9 year old has been developing a bit of an attitude tonight on not minding me and she was even giving Grandma a bit of an attitude. The girls and I stopped by my parents in law's house so that the girls could sell them some 4-H fruit and Father in Law could take a look at 12 year old's sewing machine. It needed to be oiled but is still running a bit off though we did not have any of her bobbins so we were using some of different ones from the same brand but a different line that mother in law had around though they all were a bit loose in the casing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter