Weight Watchers Chat - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No lost again...I gained 1.4 for a total of 2 lbs gain in 2 weeks. I'm just so upset with myself. I go to the gym do a fast walk for 40 mins and then run for 20 mins for a 7pt activity. I do eat all my pts daily, weekly and activity (I was losing now gaining). I'm to the point that I will not eat my activity pts any more. After looking at my food journal I need to change up my breakfast and lunch during the week. I have eaten the samething for 2 months so I know I need to do something different. I was so upset I stop and bought a box of cookies and ate them on the way home. Bottom line, I was up to 42 lbs and now back to 40 lbs lost. I have another 20 lbs to lose, I was hoping to meet my goal by Sept 15th.

-Stephanie

Hang in there and don't give up. I know from my past dieting experience, 40 lbs is where if usually throw in the towel. There must be something about the 40 lb mark because I've heard others saying that is where they plateaued. Knowing this helps me to be determined that I will conquer the 40 lb. plateau. Keep working at it. Maybe you could set your goal a little further out since they say that .5 to 2 lbs a week is optimal. At 1 lb. a week, your goal date would be in November, I think. Just think -- If you reach goal in November, you will be more inspired to be good over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

I was wondering what the Applebee WW meals were like...any suggestions on a "good" one?

I've only had the Cabernet Mushroom Sirloin (12 points). It is delicious. My daughter ordered it at a different location and was totally disappointed. Mine always comes out looking exactly like the picture. Hers had half the amount of broccoli and potatoes. So it does depend on which restaurant you go to. After about two months on WW I hit a brick wall -- I did not want to see another piece of broccoli.

The other two meals are Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp -- I don't like lime so I won't try it, and Creamy Parmesan Chicken -- I don't understand how this is a WW meal with all that sauce and rice, so I haven't had it either.

Some of their "Under 550" meals look more appealing to me and I'm not sure why they aren't listed as WW meals.

NCState, I think you may be overestimating your APs. That's a problem if you are eating all of them. What are you using to track your APs?
The activity tracker on WW is completely inaccurate and shouldn't be trusted at all! I would skip eating the majority of APs for now until if you see if that is the problem. Continue eating the WPs though, since those are built into the program and can't be overestimated. The scale will catch up your efforts. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Oh, I only lost .2 this week. I guess I shouldn't have went out for pizza and buffalo strips (with blue cheese) last night. :rolleyes:

ETA: As an example of the inacurate AP tracker on WW, I went to a yoga class yesterday. It was 75 minutes long. If you put that in on the WW tracker it is 5 APs. No way, no how is that correct. According to my HRM I only burned 110 caloires, which wasn't even 2 APs. (80 calories = 1 AP)

My fifteenth WI was last night. Down one more pound for a total of 33.2. So far so good!

Woohoo!

No lost again...I gained 1.4 for a total of 2 lbs gain in 2 weeks. I'm just so upset with myself. I go to the gym do a fast walk for 40 mins and then run for 20 mins for a 7pt activity. I do eat all my pts daily, weekly and activity (I was losing now gaining).

The APs calculated are almost certainly too high, unless you're a guy.

If you're not using a heart rate monitor, UNDERestimate those points.

20 minutes of Pilates, per the tracker, is 2 points for me. Using the HRM, I realized it's only ONE.

Even using the calories-burned estimate on a machine (like a Precor) isn't correct. On elliptical, it OVERestimates the calories for me, while on the treadmill UNDERestimates it for me.

I've started an experiment of eating APs, and I'm glad I waited until I had my monitor for that.

An hour of hard work on the elliptical for me is barely 5 points. I did my C25K work yesterday, second one of week 2, and even counting the 5 minutes brisk walk before and after, came in UNDER 4 points, and that's with me running quite a bit more than I "should" have because the mythical runner's high kicked in during the last jog portion!

So if you're eating those APs, you have to make SURE you're getting the right amount, and as Jules said, the tracker is way off for those.

I've only had the Cabernet Mushroom Sirloin (12 points). It is delicious. My daughter ordered it at a different location and was totally disappointed. Mine always comes out looking exactly like the picture. Hers had half the amount of broccoli and potatoes. So it does depend on which restaurant you go to. After about two months on WW I hit a brick wall -- I did not want to see another piece of broccoli.

The other two meals are Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp -- I don't like lime so I won't try it, and Creamy Parmesan Chicken -- I don't understand how this is a WW meal with all that sauce and rice, so I haven't had it either.

Some of their "Under 550" meals look more appealing to me and I'm not sure why they aren't listed as WW meals.

Thanks! I think I'll try the Cabernet Mushroom Sirloin, sounds good! :goodvibes DH wants to eat at California Pizza Kitchen tonight, so Im glad I was busy at lunch, so I have some points to kill. Went onto their website and they have all their nutritional information on it, so now I just have to pick something that I can fit into the points I have left and maybe a few WPs. Even their salads are outrageous!! May just order an appetizer and make a side salad with light mayo & ketsup (thousand island) instead.

The APs calculated are almost certainly too high, unless you're a guy.

If you're not using a heart rate monitor, UNDERestimate those points.

20 minutes of Pilates, per the tracker, is 2 points for me. Using the HRM, I realized it's only ONE.

Even using the calories-burned estimate on a machine (like a Precor) isn't correct. On elliptical, it OVERestimates the calories for me, while on the treadmill UNDERestimates it for me.

I've started an experiment of eating APs, and I'm glad I waited until I had my monitor for that.

An hour of hard work on the elliptical for me is barely 5 points. I did my C25K work yesterday, second one of week 2, and even counting the 5 minutes brisk walk before and after, came in UNDER 4 points, and that's with me running quite a bit more than I "should" have because the mythical runner's high kicked in during the last jog portion!

So if you're eating those APs, you have to make SURE you're getting the right amount, and as Jules said, the tracker is way off for those.

Thank you for explaining it. It now makes sense I was fast walking for 40 mins and running for 20 mins. Based on the book that was 7 pts...so I ate them. I think I'm going to cut back and count it as 4 pts.

Thanks! It is exciting! I am also only 10 pounds from halfway to my goal!

This may be a silly question, but how do I use my HRM to calculate activity points?

The consesus on the WW boards, and what I use, is 80 calories burned is 1 AP.

Congratulations on another great loss!

A week ago I was running around Quebec with my youngest son and his french class. I would have thought I would have lost more weight, but only lost .6 lbs.
Of course, I was eating crepes and croissants. Maybe that had something to do with it.

All things considered, I have 15 lbs to lose to meet my goal.
I am feeling pumped about that! I have been stuck on the same numbers and feeling a bit sorry for myself. Well, ladies, NO MORE! I am looking good in my clothes, feeling good about myself and excited to be healthier for when we go to WDW in October!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Lisa

Merci!

I was saving some weekly points so I could have some spaghetti on Sunday, but decided to use them last night instead. I don't want to eat a carb-laden meal the day before weigh-in. Spaghetti was yummy, but now I really have to "tow the line" for the next two days :headache:

Making the Tuna Casserole recipe that's on the WW website for dinner tonight...hope it's good!!

Anyone out there have any good casserole recipes? Me and DH are trying to make them on weekends and freeze them for later in the week, so it's easy when we get off work. Nothing is worse than last-minute "What do YOU want for dinner tonight?", it usually ends up with fast-food. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone!

Well, I thought I was going to get back on track a month or so ago when I checked out this thread but I failed!:guilty:

I have a ton of reasons but none of them are good excuses. I simply did not make myself a priority the last few weeks and I am paying for it. Now I know I won't make the 10 lb loss before our WDW trip that I was hoping for a month ago, especially with a 4 lb gain, but I do have myself back on track!:yay:

I am tracking, tracking, tracking. On top of that I checked out a Zumba class and loved it! I have paid up for the entire summer so hopefully that will help move things in the right direction. This is a HUGE step for me because I have never incorporated exercise while on WW (and I'm a returning LT member:rolleyes1).

Congratulations to all who are finding success and I hope to be joining you in that very soon!

Hi everyone!

Well, I thought I was going to get back on track a month or so ago when I checked out this thread but I failed!:guilty:

I have a ton of reasons but none of them are good excuses. I simply did not make myself a priority the last few weeks and I am paying for it. Now I know I won't make the 10 lb loss before our WDW trip that I was hoping for a month ago, especially with a 4 lb gain, but I do have myself back on track!:yay:

I am tracking, tracking, tracking. On top of that I checked out a Zumba class and loved it! I have paid up for the entire summer so hopefully that will help move things in the right direction. This is a HUGE step for me because I have never incorporated exercise while on WW (and I'm a returning LT member:rolleyes1).

Congratulations to all who are finding success and I hope to be joining you in that very soon!

We've all been there, so don't beat yourself up. Your back on track and that's what matters. Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Headed to Outback tonight for a big family dinner. I have everything that I'm ordering figured out and saved enough points for dinner. I have a few WP left in case I want to splurge. I just hate that WI is tomorrow. :sad2:

We've all been there, so don't beat yourself up. Your back on track and that's what matters. Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement!! I am feeling really focused right now and I am impatiently waiting on Monday's Zumba class. Words I never thought I would say!!:lmao:

Down another pound this morning! It would have been more but I gained 3 lbs after eating that Applebee's and the scale didn't even budge until this morning. I'll gladly take that one pound! I also lost a daily point.

Down another pound this morning! It would have been more but I gained 3 lbs after eating that Applebee's and the scale didn't even budge until this morning. I'll gladly take that one pound! I also lost a daily point.

Congrats on the pound loss -but don't you hate losing that point?! :rolleyes:
I'm down .4 this week - not great, but I had a pretty good loss the week before, so I'm OK with it. ;) What I really have to do is get back to working out - I took a few days off because of the heat, but it's nice now. SO, no excuses!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Have a good one, everyone!
Linda:ccat:

Congrats on the pound loss -but don't you hate losing that point?! :rolleyes:
I'm down .4 this week - not great, but I had a pretty good loss the week before, so I'm OK with it. ;) What I really have to do is get back to working out - I took a few days off because of the heat, but it's nice now. SO, no excuses!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Have a good one, everyone!
Linda:ccat:

Congrats! Any loss is better than a gain. :goodvibes

My Zumba videos are coming this week and I'm hoping to REALLY kickstart my weight loss with them. Now that my DD is 1 I will be able to do them since she is more independent. I tried when she was a newborn but had no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!