Weight loss to Disney

deno said:
Crikey, a weight loss thread! Planning to the n'th degree.

Every time I plan to go to Orlando with my family I say 'THIS TIME i'm gonna get to my ideal weight' It never seems to pan out. However, I was there on a work trip in 2007 and actually was at my goal weight. Going to Abercrombie and Fitch and looking good in decent fitting clothes was such a buzz. I was over there again as part of work last May and trying on those same clothes was a little disheartening to say the least ;-) A big part of going there for me was always to go out with a semi-empty suitcase and coming back with a full case of new clothes.

So...the race is on for August 2013... 50lbs to lose....i'm gonna do it...

There, i've said it on a public forum...there's no going back now ;-)

Wish me luck :cool1:

Demo welcome aboard! Sounds like we are in the same boat, same travel month and roughly the same amount of weight to lose!

deno said:
Thanks. So, we got kellea04, magic megadegs and myself, 50lbs in 32 weeks.

With a bit (lot) of dedication that's possible....

If you do it, i'll buy you both a cinammon roll in Magic Kingdom (hopefully still at the Bakery once it becomes a Starbucks...... :rolleyes2

1 week today let's post updates ;-)

D

Deal!!!

I've not been here for a while, as rather than losing weight- I've been gaining!

not really the food as such being an issue,maybe slightly too many carbs, but predominantly the silly meds I'm on.

I'm currently weaning myself off one lot (under hospital supervision),next appointment in 7 weeks time,so I would dearly love to at least lose a few pounds by then (20 in total to delete).

I shall return here also,in one weeks time with you guys,and hopefully we'll all have good news.:)

Not posted in here for a while because we've not been home for the past week, I think I'm afraid to weigh myself after everything I've eaten over Christmas:rotfl2: Taking 2 more days off then starting New Year's Day it's all systems go, no more junk food and lots more exercise. :thumbsup2

Hey guys!!! Loving all the determination going on on here!! Like Ohanasam im going to start new years day as well, have about 24 weeks to disney with a week in chicago in march....hoping for at least 2 stone gone by disney so to be exact I would like 33lbs:eek: gone by june.......let the hard work commence.
Going to try to be a bit less "its christmas so I can eat what i like" from tomorrow.

We can totally do this :banana::banana:

Can I join the party please? Started diet yesterday

20lbs to loose by 21st May then as importantly, keep off until 20 th July.

Sharon xxx

deno said:
OK, here we go after 1st week:

Total To Lose by August 7th: 51.6
Lost This Week: 6.1
lbs remaining: 45.6

31 weeks to go!

avg lbs to lose per week: 1.5

Now, I expect that to slow down considerably next week (I hope so anyway!) and I expect that's from the excesses of Christmas as I started this on Boxing Day. But i'm now up and running which is the main part...

Good luck everyone as I know most of you will be starting this today. I think posting on a public forum will really give me a good push to get this done.

Dene

6.1 lbs that's excellent work .... Hope I can do the same :0)

Hi guys, I'm joining you, I have 74lb to loose before I go to meet Stitch again, I know I have over a year but I need this time,

Good luck to everyone, my weigh in will be Thursdays :)

OK, here we go after 1st week:

Total To Lose by August 7th: 51.6
Lost This Week: 6.1
lbs remaining: 45.6

31 weeks to go!

avg lbs to lose per week: 1.5

Now, I expect that to slow down considerably next week (I hope so anyway!) and I expect that's from the excesses of Christmas as I started this on Boxing Day. But i'm now up and running which is the main part...

Good luck everyone as I know most of you will be starting this today. I think posting on a public forum will really give me a good push to get this done.

Dene

that's a wonderful start- well done! :)

so, I've not be anywhere near perfect,but tried hard :rotfl: went out for lunch yesterday,no starter,no dessert,just the main course- lost a pound.
I'm happy with this,as I struggle to lose weight,and slowly but surely would do me fine.
therefore,1 down,19 to go! :cool1:

Well done. I'll be more than happy to lose 1lb per week on a regular basis once everything starts levelling out. I figure that's a healthy amount to lose.

How many weeks do you have to your holiday?

we have 31 weeks tomorrow,can't wait.
it's our longest trip yet,17 nights,and also probably our last for a while :(
as I'm no longer working,dd wants to go abroad with uni and our little house could use some tlc! so it's extra important to shift flabby bits.:rotfl:

I finally weighed myself, and only put on a pound over Christmas :woohoo: Was planning to finally start using the rowing machine we bought months ago when i got home from work today, but the flu seems to have finally caught me so exercise will have to wait a little longer lol

Also, thinking of changing my weight loss target because if I lose another 25lbs like I originally wanted to then I would be just over 9st, which might be a bit too low considering I'm 5'8 :confused:

I'm joining in! We go in just over 17 weeks so I have set a target of 1lb a week. I would like to loose about 1 1/2 stone in total but I thought that was a bit optimistic in the time I have left.
On day two my will power is holding up, not sure how long it will last... .

I'm joining in! We go in just over 17 weeks so I have set a target of 1lb a week. I would like to loose about 1 1/2 stone in total but I thought that was a bit optimistic in the time I have left.
On day two my will power is holding up, not sure how long it will last... .

good going so far! :cool1:

Hope you don't ind but can i join please. I found the last time i did this it was a big help.

Well in 2011 i had a big dieting year and lost over 54lbs. Unfortunatley last year i have put some of it back on due to an operation on my abdomen which meant i couldnt exercise but kept on eating :lmao:

So I am starting the diet again this week and need to loose 28lbs. I'm not going to WDW until next year but I am going on a special weekend in May so may goal is for the beginning of May.

My weigh in day will be Friday.

Hope you don't ind but can i join please. I found the last time i did this it was a big help.

Well in 2011 i had a big dieting year and lost over 54lbs. Unfortunatley last year i have put some of it back on due to an operation on my abdomen which meant i couldnt exercise but kept on eating :lmao:

So I am starting the diet again this week and need to loose 28lbs. I'm not going to WDW until next year but I am going on a special weekend in May so may goal is for the beginning of May.

My weigh in day will be Friday.

hope you are feeling ok now.:goodvibes
eating is never a problem for me either :rotfl2:

good luck for May.:wave2:

Thought I'd share something that I came across on Tumblr. If you're one of those people who knows that you're losing weight but you can't see it, then take a photo of yourself as you are now, then every 2-3 weeks take another one in the same pose and you'll be able to see the difference and feel much better about your weightloss :teeth:

Ok so I started this thread way back full of good intentions! It worked, I lost a bit of weight but (as my yo yo dieting goes) I put it back on again. So, New Year, new beginnings. We have had a crazy house of sickness over the past 7 days, dd, ds and dh!

But, I start in the morning. I have planned meals all week and I only have 30 weeks to go until D Day! My intention is to weigh in on Fridays as we leave on a Friday so this will be a slightly curtailed week. To get to my overall goal I need to lose 3 stone and 10 pounds or 52 pounds!!! A bit of a big ask in 30 weeks but 45 would be wonderful, a clean 1.5 pounds per week!

I help out at a weight watchers class so will be back on it ASAP. I know we have quite a few lovely ladies and gents on here who are at various stages of their weight loss journey and I wish you all luck and look forward to hearing about you shrinking steadily over the next few weeks and months!

Weeks to D day: 30
Pounds to lose: 52

BRING IT ON!!!

OhanaSam said:
Thought I'd share something that I came across on Tumblr. If you're one of those people who knows that you're losing weight but you can't see it, then take a photo of yourself as you are now, then every 2-3 weeks take another one in the same pose and you'll be able to see the difference and feel much better about your weightloss :teeth:

Where do I find this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter