Weather?

Krs1300

Mouseketeer
Hi there! We are HOPING to make it to Aulani for a 10th anniversary family trip. We have a couple of years to plan (AND save), but I'm trying to start by deciding when the best time is to go. I know there are more rainy seasons than others... as well as hotter months than others. I've read that some people found it miserably hot during some months... but of course I know that is relative to what you're used to. I live in Florida... so it is safe to say we are used to that.

What is your favorite time of the year to go?

Thanks for your help!

Just a repost from another thread with some edits:

Hawaii temperature is pretty steady all year round, but June, July, August are hotter than the rest. sometimes people will warn you that rainy season is November - March without taking into account that Hawaii has a lot of microclimates. "Rainy" on the leeward side is cute compared to "rainy" on the windward. Kapolei is on the leeward side which is drier. So even if you stay at Aulani during rainy season, you're at a much lower risk of getting rained on than other parts of the island during the same time period.

We were there in late September and found slight variations between the different islands we visited, but overall had really enjoyable weather. In Waikiki, it was low 80s and sunny all 3 days. In Maui, we also stayed on the west coast and it was low 80s, little to no humidity, and VERY windy. The wind was prevalent the whole time we were there. In Kauai, we stayed on the east coast near the airport and it was very warm and very humid - low 90s. We spent our last week at Aulani and it was low-mid 80s and sunny every day, so we really had a great weather experience there. The only time we ran into rain during our Aulani stay was driving to Kualoa Ranch where it briefly rained as we were driving into the windward side of the island, which is typical for that area from my understanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter