Wearing glasses on Tron

Jeez, come on! Do you people really think that you would not be allowed to wear glasses on Tron or any other ride for that matter? Just a ridiculous thread. FYI- sources say more than 50% of the population wears glasses. And can I add that Florida is the Sunshine State. Sunshine? Sunshine requires sun glasses so now we're talking about 95% of the people that intend to ride.
My family was actually required to remove our eyeglasses, not sunglasses, on Pony Express at Knott's Berry Farms. It's a bike/horse type coaster, like Tron. They told me to put mine in my pocket, but the lap harness was completely covering my pockets. It didn't go well; let's just say that. They supposedly ask you to remove them on Tron in Shanghai. So, it is possible. For those of us who need glasses to see, it's very disconcerting to have to part with them.

Jeez, come on! Do you people really think that you would not be allowed to wear glasses on Tron or any other ride for that matter? Just a ridiculous thread. FYI- sources say more than 50% of the population wears glasses. And can I add that Florida is the Sunshine State. Sunshine? Sunshine requires sun glasses so now we're talking about 95% of the people that intend to ride.
Cedar Point and Universal both have coasters where they require you to remove your glasses or wear a strap with them. And since Tron goes over guest areas, I can definitely see why they would want it.

Cedar Point and Universal both have coasters where they require you to remove your glasses or wear a strap with them. And since Tron goes over guest areas, I can definitely see why they would want it.
Which coaster at Universal, assuming Orlando, requires the removal of eyeglasses or a strap?

Velocicoaster always does for me, and sometimes Rip, Ride, Rockit, but it's not always enforced.
That's unfortunate. I haven't ridden those. However, my husband and son wear eyeglasses and never bring straps. They have never been asked to remove their eyeglasses.

It's not too big a deal for me. I always keep a strap in my park bag.
Can you recommend a strap? I feel very silly as a glasses wearer of 30 years (nearsighted) that I didn't even know these were a thing and have just been taking my glasses off on every ride. I do have a cheapy backup pair from Zenni with my same prescription, just without the transition lenses, etc. But I'm just so paranoid about losing glasses. All of mine fit very loose.

Can you recommend a strap? I feel very silly as a glasses wearer of 30 years (nearsighted) that I didn't even know these were a thing and have just been taking my glasses off on every ride. I do have a cheapy backup pair from Zenni with my same prescription, just without the transition lenses, etc. But I'm just so paranoid about losing glasses. All of mine fit very loose.
I have one similar to this which I bought at Cedar Point: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ors-19ac6mnrtnrxxxxxxsgs/19ac6mnrtnrxxxxxxsgs

I have a skinny almost wire like "strap" that I use for my glasses and sunglasses. I like it because it's pretty thin and I can sort of disguise it in my hair unlike some of the thicker straps that are more noticible.

Why not just visit your optometrist and ask them to tighten your glasses? They should not be loose.

The Chums brand suggested are good. I also like Croakies. I actually have both.

https://croakies.com/collections/eyewear-retainers/products/croakies®-solids?variant=42197405237470

Why not just visit your optometrist and ask them to tighten your glasses? They should not be loose.

Sometimes you just need a strap. It doesn't matter how tight they are or how well they fit. For instance, water slides and other times when a force, not just wind, can hit your face and physically move the glasses. Sometimes, it's just nice to have the piece of mind.

The way my bridge is shaped combined with high cheekbones makes fitting glasses really tough. Even with frames that do work, matter how I get them tightened I have to go in periodically to get them adjusted. But too tight and I get headaches. Apparently low bridges are common in people of Asian and African descent. They do make low bridge frames but they are a bit more expensive and not as easy to find outside of specialty shops. My optometrist is at my local Costco so the selection is a bit more limited (I would change, but she's the best one I've ever had).

I've seen multiple people ride Velocicoaster wearing glasses with no straps. HOWEVER, since it pulled my lanyard out from underneath my shirt and nearly blew it off of my head, I would DEFINITELY have a strap for glasses, if I wore them.

I lost my glasses on RR. Fortunately I had another pair back in my room at Key West but it was a pain having to go back to get them. Especially since I couldn't see.
I bumped my MB on the pull down handle during the launch once, and it popped off. The acceleration pasted it to the middle of my chest, so I was able to just reach over and grab it. In the picture, it looked like it was floating in the air. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter