Wearing glasses on Tron

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
I just watched a video and could hear the audio saying to remove glasses. I am legally blind without my glasses. Without them I see very little and feel kinda sick. Do you think they would let you wear a strap?

I'd think a strap would be okay. It's your responsibility to heed warnings and secure your glasses however you prefer on other rides that warn, such as Test Track.

ETA: See my post #11

Last edited:
Oh wonderful...I’ve never had an issue wearing glasses without straps on EE, Test Track, Big Thunder....now I have to remove them? I won’t do that..looks like this is a no go. I didn’t realize Tron was going to be Space Mountain-like (the only ride I’ve ever removed my glasses, but then it didn’t matter because I couldn’t see anything anyway)

That said, maybe OP misheard, because I’ve never been asked or heard anyone asked to remove glasses. Like my nephew said, they want you to see.

My nephew works at Disney, so I will report when he’s had a chance to ride it!

I've never taken my glasses off on any ride with that warning - BTMRR comes to mind particularly. I do take my sunglasses off, which are the kind that fit over my regular glasses, though. If you're not sure, or if your glasses tend to slip and be loose, wear a strap.

I am very concerned about this too. After getting all buckled in on Pony Express at Knott's Berry Farms, they told my family that we needed to put our glasses, for vision, not sunglasses, in our pockets. Mine wouldn't fit in my pockets, because my pockets were under the lap restraint. I had to get off the bike, put them in an open cubby that was already being used, walk back to the bike and get on without my glasses. Couldn't see squat the whole ride. I have bad vision. When I went back to find my glasses, someone had knocked them to the ground. Luckily, they weren't damaged. There was absolutely no signage saying this. I refuse to ride anything without my glasses again. I even wear them on water slides, with a strap; not chute slides. We will have to see what comes out of the reports of people riding. I am hoping they let us wear them with a strap. I don't wear a strap on any other coasters or rides, except RNRC. The shoulder harness tends to knock my glasses off my face. I have almost lost them twice; I had to grab them with my hands when they completely came off my face. I have no problems with the strap though. If I can't ride Tron, so be it.

I wore my glasses and sunglasses on all the rides (Guardians, Everest etc) and never had issues. If your glasses fit well on your face then they shouldn't fly off. I wore my regular glasses on Hagrids and did fine there too.

I wore my glasses and sunglasses on all the rides (Guardians, Everest etc) and never had issues. If your glasses fit well on your face then they shouldn't fly off. I wore my regular glasses on Hagrids and did fine there too.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a real issue or not. I don’t think it’s a problem for most wearers. However, if Disney doesn’t allow it, then we have to abide🙁

Then again, I take back what I said earlier after talking with DH.

He said a podcaster reported that there's a small lidded compartment at your seat where you must put anything loose in pockets--phones, wallets, etc.-- or on your person elsewhere, including glasses.

So, I'll amend that you can possibly leave on glasses secured with a strap but maybe not.

This, of course, will affect DH who parks his powerchair and uses a cane to walk to the boarding area for rides. Can't take a cane on the ride for sure.

Last edited:
This, of course, will affect DH who parks his powerchair and uses a cane to walk to the boarding area for rides. Can't take a cane on the ride for sure.
My wife uses a cane. When we rode GotG, the CM just took it from her after she boarded and then it was returned when we got to the unloading platform. If you use a folding cane, it might be able to go in the pouch onboard the ride. One time, we had a CM tell us to just fold it up and put it in the pouch on GotG. It was fine in there.

Presumably, the motion of Tron won't be any wilder than GotG, but who knows?

I have bad vision.
Yipes I def. understand the whole loose articles issue but this would be a safety hazard like big time. I'm like you with bad vision and while I do wear my contacts at theme and amusement parks I did forget to bring them to one of our two trips to DLR in 2019. Granted I didn't do IncrediCoaster but I did other attractions with my glasses. I can't really see without them and wouldn't feel safe trying to navigate getting in and out of a ride vehicle without being able to see. People get injured doing this without having bad vision!

While the intensity is different, at cedar point there are some coasters you either have to remove glasses or wear a strap and they don’t care if you can see or not. It is the rule. They check to see if you have a strap on. I would assume if they make a rule for this ride it will be no different. I would put a strap on just for the ride as it only costs a couple dollars to buy. Way better than losing the glasses completely. There is a new eye doctor back by cast member parking by the magic kingdom that makes glasses on site if you need them. But much better to be safe than sorry.

While the intensity is different, at cedar point there are some coasters you either have to remove glasses or wear a strap and they don’t care if you can see or not. It is the rule. They check to see if you have a strap on. I would assume if they make a rule for this ride it will be no different. I would put a strap on just for the ride as it only costs a couple dollars to buy. Way better than losing the glasses completely. There is a new eye doctor back by cast member parking by the magic kingdom that makes glasses on site if you need them. But much better to be safe than sorry.
That's why it would be so surprising that ride operators would suggest what happened to the PP. Def. verbalize you need to have a strap or get off the ride but allowing people to remove their actual glasses (or prescription sunglasses) and move around is such a big hazard and liability for the parks. If they care enough about flying objects to put a rule in place (which they should) they should care enough about vision which hampers people's safety at the onset of the attraction and at the end of the attraction.

I think in the case of Tron, you are NOT going to be asked to remove your eyeglasses prior to boarding the ride vehicle. There is a small, secure compartment that you can place glasses/phones/etc, in (am very thankful for this as my insulin pump PDM can fit in there). So there will be no stumbling around with poor vision loading/unloading--agree this is very dangerous. But as to the fact as to whether or not eyewear will be allowed, has anyone asked in the Tokyo DL forum?

I think in the case of Tron, you are NOT going to be asked to remove your eyeglasses prior to boarding the ride vehicle. There is a small, secure compartment that you can place glasses/phones/etc, in (am very thankful for this as my insulin pump PDM can fit in there). So there will be no stumbling around with poor vision loading/unloading--agree this is very dangerous. But as to the fact as to whether or not eyewear will be allowed, has anyone asked in the Tokyo DL forum?

It's not in Tokyo. It's in Shanghai.

At this very moment, I’m watching cast members enter the preview event (I’m on the people mover). I’ll go see if they can tell me

I rode it in Shanghai. They wanted me to take my glasses off, but I had them on adjustable keepers. Once I’d cinched them tight I was good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter