We Get to Go Again? A March 2012 PTR

I'm in!!! Your girls are so beautiful!!

I'm so excited for the surprise for them, that's so awesome!

How fun! My dd and I will be there at the same time at POFQ. Maybe we will see you!

Many years ago my ex and I surprised our boys in a similar fashion (we told them the night before and then had early flight out). They also missed a little school for that trip. They were so excited I didn't know if they would ever get to sleep but they did. I had them back their backpacks for the plane ride with stuff to keep them occupied. They also got their homework done really quickly - nothing like good motivation :rotfl:

We are leaving on March 7th and didn't get any special mail yet :confused3 Is this the pkg with DME info?? We did get paperwork from our travel agent after final payment....

Anyway.. I'll keep reading...

I'm in!!! Your girls are so beautiful!!

I'm so excited for the surprise for them, that's so awesome!

Aww, thanks Sandy! That was six years ago, they grow TOO FAST! I was amazed looking at those pictures just how little they were... :sad1:

Can't wait to surprise them...it has been incredibly hard to keep it a secret. I will not try to do a surprise again! :lmao:

How fun! My dd and I will be there at the same time at POFQ. Maybe we will see you!

Many years ago my ex and I surprised our boys in a similar fashion (we told them the night before and then had early flight out). They also missed a little school for that trip. They were so excited I didn't know if they would ever get to sleep but they did. I had them back their backpacks for the plane ride with stuff to keep them occupied. They also got their homework done really quickly - nothing like good motivation :rotfl:

We are leaving on March 7th and didn't get any special mail yet :confused3 Is this the pkg with DME info?? We did get paperwork from our travel agent after final payment....

My Mickey Mail did have our ME info and tags in it. We booked through WDW rather than a travel agent. Perhaps that is why we got ours first??? :confused3

So you will be at POFQ while we are at POR? That is too cool!! :cool1: Are you on the March planning threads? I can't remember seeing you on there. :confused3 Anyhow...we have a Dismeet planned at POR on March 8th from 9-10pm at the Yeeha Bob show in River Roost Lounge. We would LOVE to see you there. There is a pretty big group of us showing up for it. :thumbsup2

I love your updates OOpsi!!! Your girls are so cute! How old are they now? And I love your little belly bump - so adorable.

Your Epcot day sounds wonderful... I wanna try some school bread too - but I've heard that you either love it or hate it??? :confused3

What are your dates??? I am at POFQ while Oopsi is at POR. We'd love it if you could join us at the Dismeet! :thumbsup2

D~

I love your updates OOpsi!!! Your girls are so cute! How old are they now? And I love your little belly bump - so adorable.

Your Epcot day sounds wonderful... I wanna try some school bread too - but I've heard that you either love it or hate it??? :confused3

D~

My girls are 9 (will turn 10 the day after we leave WDW) and 12. My youngest DD is still very much a little girl, but my 12 yr old is working her way into the teen years. It is such an awkward time, that age is. She still secretly plays Barbies with her little sister, but this Friday night she is going to her first school dance. Makes a mommy sad...:guilty:

Yes, I believe Liddy said she does not like the schoolbread. :confused3 Guess I will just have to try it and make my own decision. :laughing:

The way you are planning on suprising the girls sounds good though I agree that the original plan sounded a little better. Could a couple of Disney Ballons or Disney decorations around the suitcases make things a little bit more exciting? I plan to see pictures and video at our Dis Meet.:thumbsup2

School bread huh, another thing I might have to try. I can feel my waist band expanding already with all this extra food you guys are talking about.:lmao:

I am loving the plans for you Epcot day. I am so doing Pick a Pearl. I did it during my last trip and have decided that it is a must for every trip now.:thumbsup2

My girls are 9 (will turn 10 the day after we leave WDW) and 12. My youngest DD is still very much a little girl, but my 12 yr old is working her way into the teen years. It is such an awkward time, that age is. She still secretly plays Barbies with her little sister, but this Friday night she is going to her first school dance. Makes a mommy sad...:guilty:

Yes, I believe Liddy said she does not like the schoolbread. :confused3 Guess I will just have to try it and make my own decision. :laughing:

My girls are 12 & 13 when we travel... it will be nice to know that there will be someone there their age - but to be honest, they both get along well with younger kids too. :thumbsup2

Yah, I think I will have to try it for myself too... I think I just want to try one of everything please. :thumbsup2

D~

I've never had schoolbread ... so how do I know if I like it or not? :confused3

Corrine and I can split one this year. ;)

The way you are planning on suprising the girls sounds good though I agree that the original plan sounded a little better. Could a couple of Disney Ballons or Disney decorations around the suitcases make things a little bit more exciting?

This reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest that I was thinking of doing for my own kids.

Take a large moving box and fill it with helium balloons put one large Disney one in the center of the box with a giant note that reads "We're going to Disney World!" Then wrap the box like a gift.

When they come home, they can open the box. The balloons will float out and they will find out that they leave for Disney the next day!

Whatever you decide, take lots of photos!!

This reminds me of something I saw on Pinterest that I was thinking of doing for my own kids.

Take a large moving box and fill it with helium balloons put one large Disney one in the center of the box with a giant note that reads "We're going to Disney World!" Then wrap the box like a gift.

When they come home, they can open the box. The balloons will float out and they will find out that they leave for Disney the next day!

Oooh - I love this idea! :thumbsup2

D~

My girls are 12 & 13 when we travel... it will be nice to know that there will be someone there their age - but to be honest, they both get along well with younger kids too. :thumbsup2

Yah, I think I will have to try it for myself too... I think I just want to try one of everything please. :thumbsup2

D~

Yes, I am so glad to find out your girls are her age. I was afraid she would be surrounded by younger ones. She would have driven her daddy and I crazy, because she likes to think she is "too grown up" to hang out with younger children in public. :sad2: She would have be hanging on us all night...:headache:

I've never had schoolbread ... so how do I know if I like it or not? :confused3

Corrine and I can split one this year. ;)

Must not have been you then, sorry! I just remember mentioning the schoolbread on one of the threads and someone commented that they didn't like it. Sorry, Liddy! :flower3: If you ladies try one you will have to let me know how it was. I wouldn't wanna waste MY $ if it is no good. :rotfl2:

LOVE this idea! party: DH and I had talked about doing balloons, but wondered if we should try to find Mickey mylar balloons. I love this idea even more...we can just use regular ole' cheap balloons. Thanks for sharing this! And believe me, we will be videoing it! :thumbsup2

Day 3 plans will make for a short update, but I plan to upload our March 2011 pictures to photobucket this afternoon, so I may be back with some of those later...

Day 3 is March 10th and it will be a "should we go to a park?" kind of day. We have dinner ADR's at a resort that evening, but no set in stone park plans. I am sure we will spend some time here:

OldManIsland.jpg

Old Man Island at POR

We may or may not make an appearance in a park, depending on what everyone is up for.

Our ADR's for this evening will be another "first"...

ohana-sign.jpg

Ohanas- 8:30pm

Wanna hear the neat part? I have a cousin who lives in Celebration. She and her family will be joining us for dinner...at Ohanas...get it? "Ohana means family". :lmao:

So we will all get our grub on with some of this deliciousness...

ohanafood.jpg

Then if we are all fininshed and full in time we may make our way out to the Poly beach to watch the water pageant. I have never seen it, and would love to catch it this time.

Like I said, not many plans for this day. But do stick around because the craziness starts on Day 4...

Yes, I am so glad to find out your girls are her age. I was afraid she would be surrounded by younger ones. She would have driven her daddy and I crazy, because she likes to think she is "too grown up" to hang out with younger children in public. :sad2: She would have be hanging on us all night...:headache:

Must not have been you then, sorry! I just remember mentioning the schoolbread on one of the threads and someone commented that they didn't like it. Sorry, Liddy! :flower3: If you ladies try one you will have to let me know how it was. I wouldn't wanna waste MY $ if it is no good. :rotfl2:

LOVE this idea! party: DH and I had talked about doing balloons, but wondered if we should try to find Mickey mylar balloons. I love this idea even more...we can just use regular ole' cheap balloons. Thanks for sharing this! And believe me, we will be videoing it! :thumbsup2

Perhaps get one Mickey (or Disney) mylar and get coordinating colors to match? Depending on the box size, that is. I know our local dollar store (where everything is $1) has Mickey and Disney mylars, which is MUCH cheaper than going to a party store. Other stores may be comparative. But I go to the dollar store to get a mylar and then just use coordinating colors. :thumbsup2

DH said he wanted to try the schoolbread. So we'll let you know how it is! :goodvibes

Perhaps get one Mickey (or Disney) mylar and get coordinating colors to match? Depending on the box size, that is. I know our local dollar store (where everything is $1) has Mickey and Disney mylars, which is MUCH cheaper than going to a party store. Other stores may be comparative. But I go to the dollar store to get a mylar and then just use coordinating colors. :thumbsup2

DH said he wanted to try the schoolbread. So we'll let you know how it is! :goodvibes

I like the idea of getting the mylar at the dollar store, we have one of those. My question though is where to get the helium? :confused3 The little tanks at the "big discount store" are like $45...that is not a savings from just getting the balloons already inflated at a grocery or party store...Do you have any great ideas about that?

This is why I LOVE the Disboards....so many great tips and ideas!!! :thumbsup2

Cool for you and DH trying the schoolbread! My DH does not like sweets at all unless they involve chocolate, lots of chocolate! :laughing:

Since I have already given our Epcot day plans I thought I would share a few pictures from our
Epcot day in March 2011...

DSCN1654.jpg

The big beautiful golfball

DSCN1647.jpg

Children are friends, not food!

DSCN1649.jpg

Just a friend we met up with in Germany.

I like the idea of getting the mylar at the dollar store, we have one of those. My question though is where to get the helium? :confused3 The little tanks at the "big discount store" are like $45...that is not a savings from just getting the balloons already inflated at a grocery or party store...Do you have any great ideas about that?

Cool for you and DH trying the schoolbread! My DH does not like sweets at all unless they involve chocolate, lots of chocolate! :laughing:

At my Dollar Store - they fill them with helium right there for you - included in the price of the balloon. :thumbsup2

D~

Yea my dollar store will fill them also. If you pay an extra buck you can also get it attached to a weight so it wont float to the ceiling.:thumbsup2

At my Dollar Store - they fill them with helium right there for you - included in the price of the balloon. :thumbsup2

D~

Yea my dollar store will fill them also. If you pay an extra buck you can also get it attached to a weight so it wont float to the ceiling.:thumbsup2

What they said! :thumbsup2 Our dollar store will fill them, and they do sell weights. Check to see if your store will fill them as well. The tank isn't visible at our store, but it's there. Maybe that's the case with your store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter