We’re back! A PTR/TR 10 YEARS in the making! Intro 3/28/19

inkedupmomma

modern mouseketeer
Hello Disboards friends, and followers. Remember me? Your good friend, inkedupmomma aka Jenn? No, you don’t, because I bailed like 5 years ago, leaving you all devastated and now you have completely forgotten me? I guess I deserve that. But, here I am, alive and well!

When I last left you, my life had turned topsy turvy, then into happily ever, and then baby makes 5- a Disneymoon souvenir for the records! Yay, a happy ending! Dontcha just love a happy ending? Since its my life, in this case, I especially love my happy ending.

But Jenn, what do you mean WE’RE back? I’m glad you asked, and I won't even make you wait to read a few pages to get to this answer! The simple answer is me, and my two best Disboard buddies, Synndy (Amanda) and OhioDisneyLover (Sophia.)
1929668_550831283237_1212556_n.jpg
(2009- the first time we all met up together in WDW)

The longer answer is, my two best Disboard buddies, and real life BFF’s aka my weird internet friends…. (that's what Amanda's husband still calls us to this day. )You know what though, he’s not wrong. The three of us met roughly ten years ago, right here, in a trip report. I don't remember who's trip report, but if I had to guess, it was Sophia's. 10 years later, after many moves, break ups, weddings, milestone birthdays, infertility, miscarriages, giving birth, finding happily ever afters, big career changes, and many, many, MANY Disney trips, we are all still best friends, and see and talk to each other regularly! While I strongly advise my children NOT to meet internet strangers, I have to admit that it was the best decision I ever made. These ladies have quite literally seen me go through hell and back, and have stood by my side the entire time. Pretty cool considering we met on a trip report.
15492312_10211057203010965_4298900264049552377_n.jpg
(2016- most recent picture of us all together in WDW)

This is where the 10 years in the making part comes in! While we have all been to WDW together numerous times, the three of us have never taken a girls only trip together! I’d say I don't know why, but the above paragraph explains it all. Life just got in the way. But the stars and planets have aligned, and life presented us with an opportunity that we couldn't resist, so we are finally getting our girls only, Disboards, BFF trip! Try saying that three times fast!

So you got the who and what… how about the rest!

Where- Offsite in a DOPE house that is 5 minutes from DAK.

When- 4/25-4/29 for me- 4/24-4/29 for Amanda and Sophia.

WHY are we taking this trip?? Because, BFF’s. Because, Flower and Garden. Because, YOLO!!!

How- well, our awesome hubbies are going to hold down the forts and live the single dad life while caring for hooman kids and fur kids.

So, come on in. Pull up a seat and get cozy, and join us for our adventure. You never know, you may meet your future BFF here!

Next up: A choose your own adventure! We tell you what we've been up to since we all went MIA, and the fun stuff- planning while staying offsite, the pros and cons!

Attachments

• 15492312_10211057203010965_4298900264049552377_n.jpg
    15492312_10211057203010965_4298900264049552377_n.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 0
Yay!!!

Oooh, I just realized I'm supposed to update what I've been up to in the last zillion years. LOL, I shall do that today!!

Last edited:
Frist, yay Jenn for starting this PTR/TR! Woot!

Ah, the power of the Disboards. I love how we’re all so close, all these years later. Who would have ever thought that a TR all those years ago would have brought us together like this? I remember the first time I said “hey, we should meet up and say hi” and the rest, as they say, is history.

I’m the old lady of the bunch. My first trip to Disney was around 1977 and I dare say, neither Jenn nor Amanda were born yet! Eeeks!View attachment 391386

me and joe.jpg

me and joe 2.jpg

Since the time I last posted…..dang, I just realized I never finished the last TR I started….ooops, life has been an adventure.

First, hubs and I became grandparents. Not once, not twice, but three times! Well, technically, the third has not been born yet, but she is due in the next couple of weeks. My step-son and his finance first had a boy, then another boy, and now a girl. Dang, how I love shopping for clothes for girls!

My sister and my brother both have gotten married in the last few years, my nephew turned 21, almost 22 now and was 4 the first time we took him to Disney. My niece is now living in California and is now 23. We took her to Disney for the first time when she was around 7. My mom is reaching a milestone birthday that we are not allowed to mention, and has been to Disney with us many, many times. Sheesh, how time goes by!

This is my sister and nephew last year at my brother's wedding.
shelly and matthew.jpg

This is my sister and my niece (brother's daughter) at the wedding.

shelly and meems.jpg

Here are the kids at Disney for the first time!

matt and meems.jpg

My sister and her husband and myself and my hubs.

us.jpg

Hubs and I, and our 4 fur babies, have moved….and if you ask him, he will say “finally.” We lived in our last home for over 20 years and dang, did I collect a crap load of Disney stuff during those years!!! My latest obsession are those dang headbands. They get me every time!

Since we last spoke, we’ve been to Disney a number of times and have been fortunate enough to experience several stays at ALK, POR, and my favorite value resort, Pop. My hubs is a disabled vet and due to his disability, we found that staying in the 50’s section at Pop works out the best for us. Believe it or not, better than at most of the deluxe resorts. Parking is super close and we have been fortunate to get a ground floor room request granted each visit. If you take the bus, the 50’s is a great choice because you are very close to check in and enter the back of the building, walk through the front and be at the bus stop in less than 3 minutes. I highly recommend Pop for anyone with a disability. Most say it is a huge resort and takes forever to get anywhere, but the 50’s buildings are where it’s at peeps!

Oh Lordy, coming here is like a huge blast from the past

I’m Amanda aka Synndy. I’m 34 and currently living in Webster, NY. I’m the bald looking one on the left in this photo. This was our summer adventure at Sophfest in Ohio. We really are BFFs. My husband calls them my weird internet friends but his real life friends since he met them for the first time in real life. I actually haven’t taken a trip to Disney without Sophia in years and we’ve been lucky that Jenn has been able to cross our paths on trips with us.

112E37DB-6D1B-4CEE-9B32-4CA491A4C054.jpeg

This trip came about because I was staying at Sophia’s house (I have my own bedroom there you guys, legit ) and she was looking at photos of Flower and Garden preview. She kept saying how badly she wanted to go! Rewinding a bit... My husband and I purchased a vacational rental home this past summer that’s 8 mins from Disney property! Sophia came down with me in October to help me shop and do projects. She thankfully works from home, so she was able to work from my house during the day while I painted and help me do stuff at night. She has her own bedroom at the rental called “Sophs room”. Ha ha. So I told her, let’s go! I’ve been dying to use the rental as a vacation spot (instead of all day renovation projects) and this is perfect. I’ll be living in Florida soon, so my desire to stay there will be minimal considering I’ll be living about an hour away from Disney! Sophia said no but then kept saying how badly she wanted to go.

So of course when I got home I sent them both flight info on how we can do it CHEAP. Since we’re all AP holders, tickets won’t be a factor. The house is already there. Thru my husband’s job we can get rental cars really cheap. Jenn JUMPED on the trip (my girl) and Sophia took some nagging (ha ha, love you soph) but we’re taking a trip we’ve talked about for YEARSSSSSS.

I’ve actually never been on a “girls trip” so this is a bucket list. Plus my favorite place with my 2 best friends.... ummm.... no brainer. Moral of the story? Get you a friend who nags and doesn’t take no for an answer.

Anyways, an update on my life

My signature at the bottom is counting the fact my “baby” is now over 7. His name is Brodie and he’s the funniest dude I know. He’s smart and incredibly kind. He’s always thinking of others and goes out of his way to show kindness to everyone. He loves his “Aunty” Sophia and his “Titi Peanut” Jenn and is maddddddddd I’m taking this trip without him, ha ha.
E620874E-435D-49C5-A750-6DB1D13EE140.jpeg

Also since being active on here, we welcomed our little rainbow baby Nolan aka Noliekins aka Baby Rhino. After 4 brutal miscarriages, he was our answered prayer. Now you might be wondering, why baby Rhino? Well.... when I was pregnant with him, Brodie went around telling everyone he was having a baby brother and a baby sister. His sister would be “Isabella from Phineas and Ferb” and his brother would be “Rhino” I was ADAMANT on not naming him Rhino. I got very sick at the end of my pregnancy and was put into the hospital where I had him 6.5 weeks early. My husband was in PERU at the time. I called him in hysterics and he told me he was coming home (he made it, no worries!). He calmed me down and texted me “Take a deep breath. I’m coming, you and Nolan Rhino will be fine” So on his birth certificate his name is Nolan Rhino
72AE58BC-EE9B-439E-BE64-B90DE5BB4C0A.jpeg

My husband and I have recently decided to leave NY and head back to Florida! We JUST bought our Florida house (as in closed 3 days ago) and are getting ready to list this one. To be honest, I should be cleaning & packing instead of this but whatever. Here’s a picture of him and I from a year or two ago.
67E05E9E-8BCA-4A45-86C3-E52BB3105FFF.jpeg

I should probably get back to cleaning and packing. This trip is supposed to be a break between listing and moving and we aren’t ready to list sooooo I need to get moving.

Join us on here and also join us on
Facebook- Modern Mouseketeers
https://m.facebook.com/groups/2530836173808208?ref=share

And

IG- Modern_Mouseketeers
https://instagram.com/modern_mouseketeers?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=18kcotiylostf

I’m gonna make Jenn go live a bunch on there so we can show you guys our favorite things and interact with all of you!

So stay tuned. We each picked our favorite restaurant this trip and picked one we’ve all never been to! (That one was a bit of a challenge but we found one!), picked our favorite rides for fast passes, and just hanging out with 3 fantastic humans.

Come be our weird internet friend!!!

Yay! I followed your TR's Jenn - glad to see you back. And will look forward to reading about your girls trip!

Yay! I followed your TR's Jenn - glad to see you back. And will look forward to reading about your girls trip!

HEY!! So nice to "see" you again! Im glad to have you here. So much to catch up on, and read. Thanks for commenting :)

I think your story is great! We all love the DIS are we wouldn't be here. Making great friends in the process is the icing on the cake. Can't wait to read all about it.

I have a trip coming up in September with a good friend I also met here on the Dis a couple of years ago...when we were planning our trip to F&G. So I'm also a fan of Disboards friendships!!

Sounds like you all are a lot of fun, and I look forward to following along :dogdance:

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

Hey Jenn, Your link didn't work on facebook, but I found you anyways. So excited to follow along. Now get to posting :rotfl2:

OK, I had to figure out my log in to reply...but I did, and I'm here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter