We’re all going on a Summer Holiday to the Disney Parks -WISH July Lifestyle/Challenge

What about your statistics, do you keep track of your calories, weight etc? Do you find it helpful or stressful?

I have found that at least for now I need to keep track of my weight daily so that I don't end up gaining a bunch of weight. I tried weighing only once a month and when it would go up one week I would go it's ok I will loose it next week. Next week didn't come and the results were well extremely ugly.

Bonus: Have you heard about the changes coming to WDW announced at D23? What are you most looking forward to?
I was watching and was able to be in the chats during the live updates so yes I have heard about these. To be honest I am take it or leave it with the changes mainly due to the fact that who knows when I will get there again. I like the idea of the new Mickey and Minnie Ride, the Skyway scares me mainly because I don't do heights. I think a lot of it is thrill attraction heavy and since I am one of those who would rather see the shows and a few nice tame rides-think Small World, Peter Pan, People Mover, and Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Got 10 minutes of walking in today plus at least 10 minutes of stop and go walking around Walmart to get a few items before the grocery shopping. I am counting 20 minutes for today.

What about your statistics, do you keep track of your calories, weight etc? Do you find it helpful or stressful?

Bonus: Have you heard about the changes coming to WDW announced at D23? What are you most looking forward to?

I track on MFP and I really like it. I have kept 10 kg off for over an year now! I keep losing and gaining the other 3 but over all I am very happy and doing it consistently keep me honest.

Tron coaster probably!

Good morning!! The scale was down a little both yesterday and today, so that now I am officially at the lowest weight my scale showed before vacation. I am still so happy that I did not gain and have to say that this is great motivation to immediately get back into healthy eating. Of course right now I am sitting at my desk and am so hungry!! I think my eating rhythm is still suffering from jet lag. So, I should try to go out and find a healthy snack...

QOTD:
I track my weight daily with my Withings scale. I much prefer weighing daily even though I am someone who fluctuates a lot with weight. With weighing daily, I can still see trends. I am used to this now and only rarely do I get upset about the sudden up and downs. I think if I would weigh less regularly, it would be far more difficult to spot trends.
I also track my food in my fitbit app. I got used to the app and prefer it over MFP mainly because is familiar now. I also track my steps and my sleep. So, I am very much a statistics person. I like having the data, but I have to admit that I do little with it. But the tracking keeps me motivated to keep working towards good results.

Bonus QOTD:
I know that I am odd, but somehow none of the announcements really excite me. I feel that WDW is moving away from having actually distinctive themes for the various parks, all of them are starting to turn more and more in just showcases of recent Disney, Star Wars and Marvel movies. The exception is Animal Kingdom. The one announcement that I found really interesting though was the new Space Restaurant for Epcot. That sounds really neat!

My woohoo is that I've lost my first 10 lbs since starting WW! Today was my weigh in and I lost my 10th pound last week.

I also cried yesterday because on a whim I tried on some of my favorite shorts that I haven't been able to fit into since 2015 and they fit now :jumping1:

Woohoo!

I had my follow up appointment with the nutritionist yesterday and asked her, if I was feeling hunger by the end of the work day did that mean I was burning thru what I had eaten and she said yes - woohoo my metabolism has kicked in!

Another woohoo... at work we're in a super busy time due to a special event that is going on. This is the first event where I have been fully disengaged from the production support process, and its been pretty crazy since late last week, including over the weekend. This is a huge thing for me as I carried the leadership burden for production support for three years, and it totally wiped me out. I'm really enjoying knowing that when I walk out of the office my life is my own, well except for getting bossed around by the Kitties.

My woohoo is that I've lost my first 10 lbs since starting WW! Today was my weigh in and I lost my 10th pound last week.

I also cried yesterday because on a whim I tried on some of my favorite shorts that I haven't been able to fit into since 2015 and they fit now :jumping1:

That is great, congrats! I love going back into the closet and find items that fit!

Yesterday QOTD- I keep track of steps with fitbit ans sleep. I keep track of food with WW. I weigh every day, helps to see if I am going in right direction. But I rely on the one at WW for an "official " weight.

I am excited to see everything new at WDW. I think the space restaurant and tron ride are our top 2.

WooHoo Wednesday- Comcast just came this am and ran new lines. FPL came yesterday to repair the ones these guys hit. And , hopefully, the plumbing contractor will be done today. I had my 6mo endo appt yesterday- said all my levels look great. My A1c went from 5.7 to 5.2 in less than 2 months with change of eating on WW.

Woohoo Wednesday!!

View attachment 254139

What are you celebrating today? It can anything big or small we are celebrating it all!!

I am woohooing that I have been drinking 20 oz of water most days. I am at about 80% for the month with that. Also, I am getting back into working out. I went Saturday and yesterday and should be going today. I am also eating better this week.

Woohoo, Wednesday is over!! :teeth: Today was another busy summer day and I'm so glad to be going to bed.

Fitting into old clothes is the best isn't it!! Great job on losing 10lbs!

Woohoo!

I had my follow up appointment with the nutritionist yesterday and asked her, if I was feeling hunger by the end of the work day did that mean I was burning thru what I had eaten and she said yes - woohoo my metabolism has kicked in!

Another woohoo... at work we're in a super busy time due to a special event that is going on. This is the first event where I have been fully disengaged from the production support process, and its been pretty crazy since late last week, including over the weekend. This is a huge thing for me as I carried the leadership burden for production support for three years, and it totally wiped me out. I'm really enjoying knowing that when I walk out of the office my life is my own, well except for getting bossed around by the Kitties.
I'm sure being able to leave work at work has got to be a great feeling. And Kitties make the best bosses!

That is great, congrats! I love going back into the closet and find items that fit!

Yesterday QOTD- I keep track of steps with fitbit ans sleep. I keep track of food with WW. I weigh every day, helps to see if I am going in right direction. But I rely on the one at WW for an "official " weight.

I am excited to see everything new at WDW. I think the space restaurant and tron ride are our top 2.

WooHoo Wednesday- Comcast just came this am and ran new lines. FPL came yesterday to repair the ones these guys hit. And , hopefully, the plumbing contractor will be done today. I had my 6mo endo appt yesterday- said all my levels look great. My A1c went from 5.7 to 5.2 in less than 2 months with change of eating on WW.
Woohoo for good test results!!

I am woohooing that I have been drinking 20 oz of water most days. I am at about 80% for the month with that. Also, I am getting back into working out. I went Saturday and yesterday and should be going today. I am also eating better this week.
Sounds like your having an awesome week! Keep up the great work.

WhoHoo Wednesday - I bought two dresses I really like from the sales! Finally feeling back to myself after full week jetlag. 2 weeks to our next vacation
Yay for new clothes!! I always love sale shopping.

We are going to start our Disney World adventure at
Epcot

Epcot was originally Walt's dream for a city. The acronym EPCOT actually stands for The Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. But because they didn't have Walt's guidance the Disney company decided to turn the plans into a park. The front half of the park was based on the technology of tomorrow while the back half was based on a world's fair.

walt epcot.jpg

Let's head inside

Epcot-620x330.jpg

As we enter the park no doubt the first thing you see is Spaceship Earth. This indoor ride located in the "golf ball" tells the history of technology starting with cavemen and takes you all the way through the first home computer. At the end of the ride they even put you in a little story about your future with technology that is currently being developed.

What kind of experiments have you make with your healthy lifestyle? What worked and what didn't?

Bonus: What is your favorite scene in Spaceship Earth?

QOTD: I haven't done any crazy experimenting. No strange diets or fads. I tried just on my own making healthy choices but without some sort of accountability and tracking I quickly found out that it wasn't going to work for me. I also tried not changing my eating habits but instead working out every day, and while the exercise was good for my health, I wasn't seeing any weight loss because I truly did need to make some changes with my diet. My current experiment is WW of course and it seems to be working!

Bonus: I love the scene about the Phoenicians because it's one of those great examples of human industry applied to bringing people together. So many times we focus on our differences but at a time in civilization when communication was critical, there was this massive effort to bring people together and I think that's really cool. Phoenician is also very fun to say.

QOTD: Throughout my life I guess I've done a number of diets-of-the-moment, Atkins comes to mind. Recently I think the elimination eating has had mixed results. The true intent behind elimination is to get relief from and identify foods that are irritants, and in that respect its been successfully. But the seduction is the dramatic weight loss that comes along with it, only that type of eating is not sustainable for a longer period of time, so in that way they have not been successful.

Bonus: While planning my first trip to WDW, I picked up a travel book (the only way to research at the time :earboy2:) that recommended going to EPCOT first, particularly with children. They said it was large and spread out and could get you in to the swing of things without being overwhelming, so my very first experience at WDW was EPCOT and riding Spaceship Earth. I probably continued to do EPCOT first for 10 years/trips or so. To this day walking up under SE when you get the breeze and the smell is the most powerful trigger to tell me "I'm here". And I still miss the Walter Cronkite narration, although I liked Jeremy Irons as well. I love, love, love the ride (although not, not, not the current computer gamey thing), and I love all the scenes (except the computer room) but oddly enough I think my favorite vignette is the Egyptian temple doorway... it's really just a filler in between the "real" scenes, but I do love it.

I also tried not changing my eating habits but instead working out every day, and while the exercise was good for my health, I wasn't seeing any weight loss because I truly did need to make some changes with my diet. My current experiment is WW of course and it seems to be working!
I have heard that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% working out. I sooo wish it was the other way around!

But the seduction is the dramatic weight loss that comes along with it, only that type of eating is not sustainable for a longer period of time, so in that way they have not been successful.
I know that seduction!!! Unfortunately I have fallen for it many times.

What kind of experiments have you make with your healthy lifestyle? What worked and what didn't?
I have tried all kinds of things from Trimspa to the soup diet. Not sure why, I guess I was just desperate. My sugar elimination diet has been pretty successful, I think because it was what I needed to get away from the added sugar. And it allowed me to add good foods back in so I wasn't missing anything. I still have sweets every now and then but not everyday like I use to.

Bonus: What is your favorite scene in Spaceship Earth?
I love the cave paintings that move in the beginning!!

So DH and I decided to cancel Paris. It was a tough decision but both of us just weren't feeling it. We are going to lose some money but I am trying not to stress on that. Instead we are going to do a 7 night Disney cruise during the same time and I was able to get a good FL resident deal. I am still struggling with feeling like a failure for not going. Not sure why...

So DH and I decided to cancel Paris. It was a tough decision but both of us just weren't feeling it. We are going to lose some money but I am trying not to stress on that. Instead we are going to do a 7 night Disney cruise during the same time and I was able to get a good FL resident deal. I am still struggling with feeling like a failure for not going. Not sure why...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad about cancelling your trip. But 7 nights on DCL is going to be amazing!

I know that feeling, but really it's not a failure to recognize something just isn't sitting right and make an adjustment. A seven night cruise sounds divine... enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!