wdwgirl and Dad do Disney:an April '10 PTR...TR LINK ADDED!! p. 56

Yeah! Are you guys going to be there right away too?

YES YES YES! That is the plan. I really want to see the opening ceremony especially after having watched it when you linked it on your PTR. I don't know how you feel about exchanging numbers, but I can give you my cell # or DBF's cell # (he has texting if that's easier and less interruptive!).

Oh wait, are you going to be there for EMH?

YES YES YES! That is the plan. I really want to see the opening ceremony especially after having watched it when you linked it on your PTR. I don't know how you feel about exchanging numbers, but I can give you my cell # or DBF's cell # (he has texting if that's easier and less interruptive!).

Oh wait, are you going to be there for EMH?

Oh yes, we are planning on being there for EMH. 7 am. :thumbsup2:scared1:

Less than a week now! Next week at this time we will probably be at the Magic Kingdom! :banana: Actually, we'll probably have already been there for an hour since it's opening so early that day. :eek:

Soooo...only 6 days until the Magic Kingdom opening show!

n20305212_34373408_5852.jpg

n20305212_34373410_6422.jpg

Like all the Christmas decorations?! haha What a great way to start off our first full day. :thumbsup2

I was reading on facebook that yesterday the MK was closed due to capacity crowds yesterday. I guess it was at what they call "phase 3" meaning only WDW resort guests and AP people or whatever can get in. Some people were freaking out about it and here I am thinking it's not like we've never seen that before! It's bound to happen during peak seasons. Hopefully the crowds will start thinning out a little bit by the middle of next week.

Can't believe how close we are. And is it really already the last day of March?! :eek: I feel like it was just my birthday! Crazy.

You're so close! The crowds this week sound pretty crazy. Hopefully it won't be quite so bad next week for you after some of the Easter crowds thin out. Maybe only phase 2 capacity. ;)

Ohhhh yeah, and in December we were at the Beach Club...I still kinda want to go.

Well, Wednesday will be our first full day and we will be up bright and early to get to the MK for EMH at 7 AM. So, we'll probably be leaving the park for a break not much after noon as the crowds build up (and I expect them to be massive at the MK). Maybe we can stop at the Boardwalk to go to Welcome Home Wednesday and then go from there to EPCOT.

I was thinking about the best way to get from the AKL to the Boardwalk. I guess you could just get a bus to DHS and walk or take the boat from there. Or, we could go to EPCOT earlier and go to the Boardwalk through the International Gateway.

Another thing we should think about doing is the Character Meet and Greet at EPCOT that we can get with our Disney VISA cards. I'll have to look it up, but that is like 1:30-4:30 M-F somewhere in Innoventions. You get a free 5X7picture with that.

As usual, we'll see how we feel when the time comes.

:eek: MK was at capacity? Wow, I haven't seen that before. Good to know if that happens, WDW resort people get in. I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a rope drop show. :laughing:

Btw.... I can see your pictures when I'm at work.... which photo thingie do you use?

6 days....WOO HOO! I love the opening ceremony at the MK! It's such a wonderful start to the day.

I read about the phase 3 closing yesterday. I don't know how comfortable I would be being in a park that crowded, but a crowded day at Disney is better than a regular day here at home.

I've been to WDW for spring break, once. The wait times must have been bad but I don't really remember. The past three trips, though, have been at slower times and we rarely waited over 30 minutes for any ride. It's good that you are not getting worried about it too much. After all, you are taking advantage of EMH in the AM, and I feel that is really the best thing to do to get many attractions done in a short time. We went to AK in December when they were open early and got everything done fast. On our anticipated AK day they open at 9am and I plan on being there for rope drop so we can get out of there around lunch time (hopefully, there are many things I want to do this year) and go back to the hotel to rest and swim before having dinner and going to MK for their 1am closing time that night!

You are so close to WDW you can almost "taste" it. :)

I read that MK was at capacity yesterday! If I remember right a week before we left last year the same thing happened and I was freaking out, imagining how busy it was going to be.:eek: But.... it ended up being fine.:thumbsup2 The crowds actually starting thinning out as Easter week went on....or at least we thought so.;)

Ahh...love rope drop at the Magic Kingdom!!:cloud9: Can't wait!!!!:woohoo:

You're so close! The crowds this week sound pretty crazy. Hopefully it won't be quite so bad next week for you after some of the Easter crowds thin out. Maybe only phase 2 capacity. ;)

I'm sure it'll all be OK. We've handled it before so we can handle it again. We've always found that Christmas is worse than Easter since everyone has different breaks. Still kinda crazy though.

Well, Wednesday will be our first full day and we will be up bright and early to get to the MK for EMH at 7 AM. So, we'll probably be leaving the park for a break not much after noon as the crowds build up (and I expect them to be massive at the MK). Maybe we can stop at the Boardwalk to go to Welcome Home Wednesday and then go from there to EPCOT.

I was thinking about the best way to get from the AKL to the Boardwalk. I guess you could just get a bus to DHS and walk or take the boat from there. Or, we could go to EPCOT earlier and go to the Boardwalk through the International Gateway.

Another thing we should think about doing is the Character Meet and Greet at EPCOT that we can get with our Disney VISA cards. I'll have to look it up, but that is like 1:30-4:30 M-F somewhere in Innoventions. You get a free 5X7picture with that.

As usual, we'll see how we feel when the time comes.

I was thinking about going to Epcot that night too then since we are planning on going to DHS Thursday.

I will do the character meet.

:eek: MK was at capacity? Wow, I haven't seen that before. Good to know if that happens, WDW resort people get in. I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never see a rope drop show. :laughing:

Btw.... I can see your pictures when I'm at work.... which photo thingie do you use?

Aww, you have to see a rope drop show!

haha, it's probably because I just use my facebook pictures. I'm sure that site is blocked at work.

Magic Kingdom Rope Drop = :love:

It's always such an awesome start to day when you catch that show!

Yes it is! :thumbsup2

6 days....WOO HOO! I love the opening ceremony at the MK! It's such a wonderful start to the day.

I read about the phase 3 closing yesterday. I don't know how comfortable I would be being in a park that crowded, but a crowded day at Disney is better than a regular day here at home.

Really it takes a while for the crowds to build up. Since we always get there for openings and since we park hop we're usually heading back to our resort in the afternoon when there are still tons of people just getting there.

I've been to WDW for spring break, once. The wait times must have been bad but I don't really remember. The past three trips, though, have been at slower times and we rarely waited over 30 minutes for any ride. It's good that you are not getting worried about it too much. After all, you are taking advantage of EMH in the AM, and I feel that is really the best thing to do to get many attractions done in a short time. We went to AK in December when they were open early and got everything done fast. On our anticipated AK day they open at 9am and I plan on being there for rope drop so we can get out of there around lunch time (hopefully, there are many things I want to do this year) and go back to the hotel to rest and swim before having dinner and going to MK for their 1am closing time that night!

You are so close to WDW you can almost "taste" it. :)

The only reason I am worried is because our past few trips have been during less crowded times too so we were spoiled with short wait times! :rotfl:

I read that MK was at capacity yesterday! If I remember right a week before we left last year the same thing happened and I was freaking out, imagining how busy it was going to be.:eek: But.... it ended up being fine.:thumbsup2 The crowds actually starting thinning out as Easter week went on....or at least we thought so.;)

Ahh...love rope drop at the Magic Kingdom!!:cloud9: Can't wait!!!!:woohoo:

You know, I even want to say that one time when we were there last August I saw a sign that said MK was closed due to capacity. Dad and I are both hoping the crowds start disappearing ("disappearing" :rolleyes:) as the week goes on.

Nice! We won't be able to get there until 8 since we're staying at our timeshare. We'll have to meet in the park then!

Oh man, the news of MK closing was like, OH NO! I really do hope that it clears out somewhat. NYC public schools are off this week, so I'm hoping that ALL those people in Disney right now are from NYC! Haha. That means they have to leave soon!

Remember 7 am is really 6 am our time. That ole EST vs. CST. But it is really fun being at the park that early. By 11:00 a.m., you will be exhausted.

Don't worry about crowds after Easter. I've been to WDW 3 times during Easter and the week after is a lot better than the week before. I think people pull their kids out of school, and their are more school's that have off the week before Easter than after. I was there Wed. Thurs. & Friday last year after Easter, and I wondered where the crowds were. It was unreal. Universal was really empty.

I have a funny Callie (WDW story). Last week when she was at the MK, she was telling her friends how her mom won the laynard of fast passes. The girls told her to call me, to see how they could get that laynard. Callie told her friends, "no, I'll never get her off the phone, she will start telling me where to go and what to do, and what are we doing, and did we eat, etc.":rotfl: When she told me this story, I didn't have the heart to tell her, the laynards were part of the YOAMD prize from 2 years ago. Why blow her image of me, thinking I know everything about WDW.

Nice! We won't be able to get there until 8 since we're staying at our timeshare. We'll have to meet in the park then!

Oh man, the news of MK closing was like, OH NO! I really do hope that it clears out somewhat. NYC public schools are off this week, so I'm hoping that ALL those people in Disney right now are from NYC! Haha. That means they have to leave soon!

YAY! I can't wait. :yay::banana:

Regardless of the crowds it is going to a fun time. Next week at this time we'll be at DHS probably! :cloud9: I'll probably be laughing at all the people trying to sprint to TSM. :laughing:

Remember 7 am is really 6 am our time. That ole EST vs. CST. But it is really fun being at the park that early. By 11:00 a.m., you will be exhausted.

Don't worry about crowds after Easter. I've been to WDW 3 times during Easter and the week after is a lot better than the week before. I think people pull their kids out of school, and their are more school's that have off the week before Easter than after. I was there Wed. Thurs. & Friday last year after Easter, and I wondered where the crowds were. It was unreal. Universal was really empty.

I have a funny Callie (WDW story). Last week when she was at the MK, she was telling her friends how her mom won the laynard of fast passes. The girls told her to call me, to see how they could get that laynard. Callie told her friends, "no, I'll never get her off the phone, she will start telling me where to go and what to do, and what are we doing, and did we eat, etc.":rotfl: When she told me this story, I didn't have the heart to tell her, the laynards were part of the YOAMD prize from 2 years ago. Why blow her image of me, thinking I know everything about WDW.

Yeah, I was thinking about that after I posted...so really I'm going to be up EARLIER than I would be for school. :scared1: But we've done it before. I'm sure we'll be leaving by 1:00 or so. It's weird about Universal. When we went in '05 after Christmas it was really dead too. I can't remember if we got the front of the line pass there or when we went to Universal in Hollywood (I'm pretty sure it was USH since it was just dad and me) but it would have been such a waste. There was hardly anybody there. I guess the Universal crowd doesn't get there till later in the day. :confused3

haha, aww, that is funny about your daughter. I got one of those dream fastpasses. Actually somebody gave me their used one. I think all that was left was Kali River Rapids. :laughing: :rolleyes:

Woo hoo, last day of school and then I am officially on spring break. So excited. :thumbsup2 It's actually starting to feel like spring. Today it's supposed to be in the 70s! I have a feeling the kids are going to be really wound up today. haha

Anyway, only 5 days! I've been waiting to get to 5 days because I have a good picture for today. Remember how I said I wanted to find a picture that sort of related to the number of days left? Yeah, that didn't work. :rolleyes: But I do have one today!

5 days until Soarin!

Ahhh, one of my absolute favorites which I'm sure you all know by now.

n20305212_34376019_7.jpg

Now here's the connection to the number five. When I was reading my Hidden Magic book, it said that the flight number for Soarin was 5505. The reason? Soarin opened on May 5, 2005 as part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth. I will have to go back and look though, as to where it says that flight number. Out in the concourse before you get in line? I don't remember. Might be another fun thing to take a picture of. So there's your bit of Disney trivia for the day. ;)

I will have to go back and look though, as to where it says that flight number. Out in the concourse before you get in line? I don't remember. Might be another fun thing to take a picture of. ;)

I think it's in the video you watch before "boarding" your glider. :confused3

Happy beginning of spring break and YAY for five days! :woohoo:

Love Soarin! I could stay in that place all day long. It smells so good, and it is so relaxing and thrilling at the same time.

YAY for the start of Spring Break!

I'm so excited just to be on spring break!!! I went to Target and Christmas Tree Shops after work today and picked up a few things for my trip (Febreze, Tide pen, moleskin, ponchos). I'm so so so excited! Of course, I'm completely exhausted since work days that include after school tutoring have been extra draining. It'll just make that car ride down go by faster because I'll be konked out!

I think it's in the video you watch before "boarding" your glider. :confused3

Happy beginning of spring break and YAY for five days! :woohoo:

That could be it too.

Thanks! I am SO happy to be on break now. It has been an exhausting week.

Love Soarin! I could stay in that place all day long. It smells so good, and it is so relaxing and thrilling at the same time.

YAY for the start of Spring Break!

hahaha, that is so funny you say that because in August there was a guy who I overheard coming out of Soarin who said the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure I said that in my TR.

I'm so excited just to be on spring break!!! I went to Target and Christmas Tree Shops after work today and picked up a few things for my trip (Febreze, Tide pen, moleskin, ponchos). I'm so so so excited! Of course, I'm completely exhausted since work days that include after school tutoring have been extra draining. It'll just make that car ride down go by faster because I'll be konked out!

I hear ya, between school and my other job I am so looking forward to doing NOTHING tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Soarin' ! Ahhhh, the smell of oranges, pine trees, mountain tops, coarsing rivers and jet fighters.... love it! Excellent day five picture and yee-haw for school ending!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter