WDW "Vacation A Day" Contest!

We immediately wrote back to Sherry (the travel agent) and asked what we do since there is just 2 of us going (not 4). She said they would be glad to add extra nights on to our stay since we won't be needing all of the plane tickets or park tickets they offer!

I wonder if instead of extra days if you could get a room upgrade from a standard room to say a CL room or something?? Either way it's awesome!

That is amazing - honestly - so congrats!! :rotfl: That was meant to be!!

It is so interesting because another poster stated they were told they won for the January 1 drawing and they were notifed January 21. Then you won for day 3 so January 2 right since the contest started on December 31 and you got notified on January 23. I wonder if that means they didn't even start to notify people until January 21?

Of course I am only thinking it out this way because I'm hopeful that's the case! That would mean they have 32 days of prizes to give out and if they didn't start notifying people until January 21 then maybe there are more prizes still to give out?

Although as I type this I'm thinking I read that someone on here got an email on January 17th...I don't have time to go back through the old posts but that would poke a big hole in my theory (hopeful theory) :rotfl2:

Sorry to start poking holes...but I was told I won for Day1 and I was notified on Jan. 27:rotfl:

We finally received our travel plans from Disney! We are staying at the GF from June 23-July 1. (They gave us extra nights since we're only using 2 tickets). They don't have the airline info yet since that comes from another department apparently. Now we can finally start planning our days! Deciding on restaurants right now... Suggestions??

This is SO cool!! I love that Disney is doing that for you!

momto3boys+aprincess,

Have you learned yet how they will handle your larger family? I'm curious in case we ever win LOL! I figure you buy your extra airfare and park tickets but what about hotel?

momto3boys+aprincess,

Have you learned yet how they will handle your larger family? I'm curious in case we ever win LOL! I figure you buy your extra airfare and park tickets but what about hotel?

Good evening just popping in to tell about our plans, but will answer you first;)
You have to book and pay for your extra families airfare and purchase your extra tickets on your own. They will give you a great discount on second room if needed(and we did need it!). Also will discount any additional days for your 2 rooms for as many days as you want to add. They have been super to work with and extremely quick!pixiedust:
Lisa

Good evening just popping in to tell about our plans, but will answer you first;)
You have to book and pay for your extra families airfare and purchase your extra tickets on your own. They will give you a great discount on second room if needed(and we did need it!). Also will discount any additional days for your 2 rooms for as many days as you want to add. They have been super to work with and extremely quick!pixiedust:
Lisa

Do you mind sharing what the discount they offered on extra days was? Thanks for sharing your planning with us!

Just wanted to share we got our travel plans today:cool1:
We are beyond excited, we got AKL for our 4 night stay and they gave us a pixiedust: savannah view pixiedust: room! Yipee!! So excited as we have never been able to stay Deluxe before!!! We also added Pop for 3 nights before we go to AKL! We love Pop, it is our home away from home! We are going the end of April into May!!! Praying for magical weather...not too hot/not too cold!

Do you mind sharing what the discount they offered on extra days was? Thanks for sharing your planning with us!

I haven't figured it all up yet but it is somewhere between 30-40% depending on the room and if it is a sun-Th or Fri-Sat. Pretty good I think. The value may be a little less for the Sun-Thu. But all in all this trip will be cheaper than the Pop only trip we already had planned for April. And we get to fly!:cheer2:

Lisa

Thanks for responding! Sounds like an awesome deal even for a large family. I love how it seems like every winner is being given such 'magical' treatment :goodvibes

I haven't figured it all up yet but it is somewhere between 30-40% depending on the room and if it is a sun-Th or Fri-Sat. Pretty good I think. The value may be a little less for the Sun-Thu. But all in all this trip will be cheaper than the Pop only trip we already had planned for April. And we get to fly!:cheer2:

Thanks for the info - it sounds amazing! I'm sure you all will have a fabulous trip.

To the winners: Did your email go to your spam folder first or did it make it straight to your inbox?

Also I wonder if it matters what email account brand is used....

I'm still hoping for a miracle somehow. Hahaha. Congrats to the winners and thank you for sharing your planning process! I do love living vicariously. :-D

To the winners: Did your email go to your spam folder first or did it make it straight to your inbox?

I'm still hoping for a miracle somehow. Hahaha. Congrats to the winners and thank you for sharing your planning process! I do love living vicariously. :-D

It was in the inbox, thank god! If it went into spam we never would have seen it! We also use Gmail.

Did you know this thread was the top thread on the Dis boards for January? Just said it in the podcast.

Went to my inbox and we use bellsouth/ATT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter