WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Any official word on delayed opening? I know Disneyland in CA is now indefinitely delayed in opening.
Only reason for Disneyland's delay is the government and not Disneyland itself. They're wanting to open, government just isn't approving anything until after next weekend, so Disneyland didn't feel they'd have enough time to get everyone back and ready in 2 weeks, if the government even approved immediately next Monday.

It has been so great, being in lines, watching shows, entering the parks without people right on top of you

Disney cannot sustain with low crowds. If they don't make money they will close for good instead of putting people at risk. You better hope crowds levels are enough to pay the bills or there will be no Disney World.

my AP was paid in full and had about 3 weeks left on it when the parks closed in march. disney extended my pass correctly to aug 5th. i understand that they're giving an additional extension of 30 days to members that were paid in full and that it will appear in our account in oct. however, we're booked at copper creek for a week at the end of august. that 30 day extension will cover us for our trip in aug, but it wont appear until oct? obviously i need to call them about this. any suggestions before i do? thank you

Disney cannot sustain with low crowds. If they don't make money they will close for good instead of putting people at risk. You better hope crowds levels are enough to pay the bills or there will be no Disney World.
I don't think i said i hope it stays like this forever, what i said wasd that it's nice not to have people standing right next to you.

I don't think i said i hope it stays like this forever, what i said wasd that it's nice not to have people standing right next to you.

That is my dream. Right now I would take the 2 hours waits if it meant Disney would be able to stay open. Just not going to be enough people vacationing from overseas until Covid and social unrest stops. POR is our goto Resort. We had to move due to it not opening up. May not be open for a year. Just need to get open and money moving back to Disney.

my AP was paid in full and had about 3 weeks left on it when the parks closed in march. disney extended my pass correctly to aug 5th. i understand that they're giving an additional extension of 30 days to members that were paid in full and that it will appear in our account in oct. however, we're booked at copper creek for a week at the end of august. that 30 day extension will cover us for our trip in aug, but it wont appear until oct? obviously i need to call them about this. any suggestions before i do? thank you
I believe the only way would be to renew your pass since the additional 30-day extension will only be for passes valid at the time. The whole situation with AP's and waiting until October is wonky, but renewing your pass will help guarantee those park reservations for your end of August stay. No one knows right how they're handling that extension for passes that expire before October, it's possible that your renewal will now be for 13 months because of that extension.

thanks for your response. my wife and i are on the fence with renewing. we're out of state and with the near future in question, spending over $2000 for the 2 of us doesnt make sense. so if we could get the additional 30 days now would be great. i agree that they're probably only going to add the 30 days if we renew

DH and I were saying the same thing, just once we'd like to have that experience! And also just walking in to get on line for a ride without being shoved in, especially for HM, even if we don't do the stretch room. Our family almost always gets separated after exiting that part due to crowds LOL

I'm pretty sure that the bean counters have run the numbers on their spreadsheets forwards, backwards and sideways to make sure that the reopening won't lose money or drain cash flow.

I am usually an AP holder and unfortunately with them not being sold...I am trying to plan a 2021 trip. If I buy tickets and I need to change my date are you allowed to put the tickets value to another date if there are Park reservations left in the system?

Good point.

Alternatively, I'm wondering: In order to keep crowd levels low enough for safety, will Disney have to raise prices to the point where it prices most of us out of the market?

Hoping for vaccine development and availability before too many months into the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter