WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Anyone know if Single rider lines will still be available when parks re-open? I can see why Disney would close them as you would not want to force two strangers to sit close together right now.

My DD got 15 days (2 reservations), I got capped at 9 (7+2), Ineed 14 (2 different reservations) my sister got capped at 3. All have reservations and AP. right now the system is just not working. and phone circuits are all busy.

Not sure if you have tried yet, but in the past when making ADRs, I would usually have better luck with Chrome. For what it's worth. Good luck. Sorry you are having this frustration.
Unfortunately, I’m on chrome:/ Tried Firefox too. Nothing. Now I go through dining trick and get stuck with the Falcon. Incognito mode, no kids under 3(there is only 2 of us). Was able to get 1 day in our trip. Can’t call the AP line cause they aren’t taking more calls. I can’t understand how some people can see full availability and I can’t see any. I think it has to be a glitch, otherwise how will anyone on Friday/Sunday be able to make ANYTHING?

in the midst of all the madness of people trying to get their rezzies i skimmed past this at first. but i thought on this thread (or another thread can't even remember at this point) a Disney selling Travel Agent said they called on behalf of their clients this morning for modifications and was told that modifications for 2020 trips still isn't allowed...pretty conflicting answers all around. any idea if i can call about my 2020 trip today or will be told i'm SOL? I was actually able to get through the line (no busy signal anymore) and the wait time is very long but i've hung up because i don't want to get told they can't help yet!
I was able to change my resort by phone this morning (after 2 hours on hold, calling right at 7am). No changes to tickets allowed other than removing hopper or water parks.

Tried at midnight, no luck. Tried at 7am until 8:05ish decided to go back to bed with alarm for 9:15am. Got up at 9:15am and tried logging in and waited, then checked the dis and saw the restaraunt reservation trick and other hints. Tried for a minute or so and decided to start everything over. I did a hard reboot on my computer and then went in through restaurant reservations. Worked like a charm.

Have an annual pass (out of state) and a 14 night reservation in August. Was able to make park reservations for 15 days. I didn't make the first day until last because I had read a 14 day max.

I was able to finally get in. I went through the dining trick. I was getting frustrated because I tried it on my phone and IPAD and would just take me to a white screen. My husband said I should try my computer, so I went to it and sure enough, got in. I got all 10 days for ours. I really hope everyone is able to get in. I know I was getting very upset.

Anyone know if Single rider lines will still be available when parks re-open? I can see why Disney would close them as you would not want to force two strangers to sit close together right now.

Disney has stated no single rider lines and no fast pass. All queues are going to be used to spread out guests.

Okay, So we have 10 day tickets and reservations at POP (2 rooms) at the end of Sept. I got into the system and was able to make one reservation. When I tried to make another, It said all booked (which its not). What I have figured out is that the system will not let me book for my mom or my daughter (over age 3) but I can book for myself and hubby. Tickets and hotel are linked for everyone. I tried on 3 different computers on all of our accounts and its the same everytime, can reserve for my husband and I but not my mom (even on her own account) or my daughter. Called disney, waited 1hr on hold then got a CM. They said checked and the tickets and hotel are linked for everyone. Im pretty sure it has to be on their end since it spans 3 computers and 3 accounts on my end. She basically said there is nothing she can do since they dont have access to the system. She has me on hold now but she made it sound pretty bleak. She basically just made it sound like we wont be able to make reservations... period.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??

And yes, I tried deleting my cookies... All it did was kick me out of the system.

Wow. I ended up using google chrome and the dining reservation trick. Got everything like I wanted. STILL on Space Mountain on my iPad.

Just a suggestion for those not seeing any availability. Upon logging in and seeing your plans, when I click the "availability calendar" every day is greyed out. However, when I clicked on the "Disney Park Pass System" on the MDE drop down and then clicked the blue box from that screen I was able to then easily make my reservations...well up to a point when it said I suddenly couldn't make anymore even though I had tickets/room....
Where is the availability calendar?

ETA: Never mind. Was already using the blue box :)

Last edited:
If your resort stay is properly showing up in MDE you *should* be fine?? I think you may have to call unfortunately (I'm assuming you've tried an incognito window/other browser..? Also some people are saying Safari is no good if that is what you are using).
My DVC resort stay is in MDE properly, I have an AP, but I was stopped at 3 days into a 4 night resort stay.

Okay, So we have 10 day tickets and reservations at POP (2 rooms) at the end of Sept. I got into the system and was able to make one reservation. When I tried to make another, It said all booked (which its not). What I have figured out is that the system will not let me book for my mom or my daughter (over age 3) but I can book for myself and hubby. Tickets and hotel are linked for everyone. I tried on 3 different computers on all of our accounts and its the same everytime, can reserve for my husband and I but not my mom (even on her own account) or my daughter. Called disney, waited 1hr on hold then got a CM. They said checked and the tickets and hotel are linked for everyone. Im pretty sure it has to be on their end since it spans 3 computers and 3 accounts on my end. She basically said there is nothing she can do since they dont have access to the system. She has me on hold now but she made it sound pretty bleak. She basically just made it sound like we wont be able to make reservations... period.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??

And yes, I tried deleting my cookies... All it did was kick me out of the system.
Everyone is trying right now, there's nothing to do but try again later, sorry

I was only able to make 1 day's reservations even though we have 10 day PH, resort stay, and APs. I think maybe what happened is we have 1 night room only and then our package. Was hoping I could modify trying a day in the middle of my stay rather than the one during the room only, but no dice :(

Got 7 days of park reservations! Thank you to whomever provided the dining trick!!! Much love to you and your brain.

Now to hope for ticket sales for those of us who have firends/family on our DVC reservations without tickets.

Last edited:
I logged out and got back in and was able to make my park reservations. After logging out and back in, the system recognized that we each had valid park tickets.

I've logged out as well thinking it may work but I am back in the "waiting room" now. (I was able to reserve threepark days only for my hotel reservations in October and have an annual pass.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter