WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Thanks.

Will our July 11-17 POP reservation most likely be cancelled or is there a chance we will be moved to another resort for those dates?

It is getting to the point where we need to make definitive plans for that week.

Thanks.
Have you called Disney with these questions? I'm not sure anyone here can truly answer those questions.

Now that the Halloween party question has been answered, I'm obsessing of attractions that may or may not open. Is it weird that in the middle of August, I'd rather have CoP or HoP open than Space Mountain? No indoor air conditioned spaces to sit will be a tough sell to the family. Maybe we'll end up at Mickey's Philarmagic 10 times (I'm OK with that!)

Adding: I'm not 100% confident in the current attractions list on the site. Epcot has the Nemo ride closed, but the Imagination Labs and Mission:Space Training Lab open. I can't imagine those two which are basically indoor play areas are open while some of these other rides/attractions that are much easier to control are closed.

I still think it will be date based. Look at the wording. They are reaching out. It doesn’t mean if you have an October trip with resort and tickets that you get to make reservations on the 22nd. Could be, but I don’t think ao

Has anyone noticed a chance to their MDE account yet to reflect the new reservation system? If so, can you give us a snapshot?

It is date based-
June 22 for disney resorts and other select resorts.
June 26 for APs with no reservations
June 28 for existing ticket holders

Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations, and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates for more information.

I'm waiting for that linked Updates page to show this modification info/how they will handle PH Plus tickets. If the water parks are gonna be open in September, I'd like to still use them

I mean I think there will be a range of dates for resorts stays that will have access on the 22nD. Like July and August trips. But who knows.

I think that makes sense to help prevent the system from being overwhelmed on the first day.

This is one of the statements on the update - Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window.

I can’t remember the dates they halted sales/reservations, but the only dates that will be available to be booked initially on the 22nd are the resort stays that were booked by the date Disney halted reservation and ticket sales. The tickets (aside from comps and APs) are date-based themselves, so in essence they will know exactly what days will be booked. They just need to know what park people are choosing on those dates.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 60-day rolling window for AP holders.

I must admit I’m surprised there isn’t any apparent incentive or advantage for APs, but I guess that speaks to the overall value they see in APs and their visiting habits vs. guaranteed/planned resort guest revenue.

So wait - as a local(ish) AP, I'll have to choose park dates a year out or risk not getting in all year?! Surely that can't be.

Question: say I want to be among the first to grab park reservations and I have an AP but no resort reservation. I can book a partner resort now - then I do something to link it in MDE? I've never bothered to do that, so this is foreign to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter