WDW Commando Club

Way to go Ron! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Since I'm visiting both WDW and DL in 2017 I've been contemplating the Premier Annual Pass. Is it worth the extra $500 for it when taking into consideration passes for both parks?? Just a thought, was just wondering if I would save enough over the 2 trips to get any real benefit from it.

Way to go Ron! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Since I'm visiting both WDW and DL in 2017 I've been contemplating the Premier Annual Pass. Is it worth the extra $500 for it when taking into consideration passes for both parks?? Just a thought, was just wondering if I would save enough over the 2 trips to get any real benefit from it.

Here's a way to look at it, when you do the math for the amount of days that you would be at WDW & DL if the number comes to more than the pass even if it's only a dollar, it would be worth it since then you would have to add any food & merchandise discounts, and of course the possibility of future trips since it is good for a whole year :thumbsup2

On the other hand if you do the math and it comes out cheaper to just buy the tickets at the gate, a AP might not be the way to go unless you know you are going again in the calendar year:confused3

I made our FP+s for Dec here is the list so far and how I plan to maximize our time

Day 1

- Arrive at airport 1:53

Now this might be wishful thinking but the Fps are made and I'm going to try to get them all in, at least the last 2

- 3:30 - 4:30 FP Buzz lightyear SRS
- 4:30 - 5:30 FP Big Thunder Mountain
- try to get on Jingle Cruise
-5:30 - 6:30 Space Mountain FP
- 7pm MVMCP

Day 2
- AK RD 9am, head over to EE ride 2x then use our 9:10 - 10:10 FP for Kilimanjaro Safari
- 10:10- 11:10 FP EE
- TRy to catch a show either Flights of Wonder or Nemo, got to check the times:confused3
- 11:15 - 12:15 FP Dinosaur, now depending if we catch a show or not before this it may be possible to be ready for next FP around 11:30, but we are heading to some resorts to check out Christmas Stuff and then to Epcot that has EMH till 11:30

Day 3 (this one's a little tricky)

9am HS RD Head to TSM after that to RnRR, back to TSM to use our 9:45 - 10:45 FP

- Great Movie Ride

- 11:05 - 11:20 Frozen Sing along FP
- Muppets 3D
- 12:05 -1:05 FP Star Tours
Plan to be heading out around 12:30 and take the boat to The Boardwalk to check out that area's Christmas stuff, then head to Epcot

- Around 5 head back to HS for Osbourne Lights, Then to MK for a 2am EMH:yay:

Day 4 (might not make a lot of sense:confused3)

9am RD Epcot head to TT try to ride 2x, Mission Space, Ellen, Figment, Spaceship Earth, maybe Nemo & Living with the land (depends on the time)

- Noon head to MK

- !-2pm FP for Big Thunder
- POTC , Tiki Room
-2-3pm 7DMT FP
- Laugh Floor
- 3-4pm Anna & Elsa M&G FP

That's about as detailed as I can get at 58 days out, still have to fit in all the Shows and Stoytellers at Epcot, Food, parades fireworks & whatever else is going on:confused3:scratching:rolleyes1 If it can be done we are doing it:cool1::thumbsup2

Is anyone going to be there between Nov 9 to Nov 20th ?

I have my 7 days worth of fast pass+, which is still kinda annoying! because I'm staying off site, but have an annual pass I can only get 7 days, 30days out. :(
So this is what my solo trip is shaping up like:

Arrival Sat. Nov 8 5pm
Check in at Westgate Town Centre and then head to MK until 12am close.
Couple rounds of SofK
Parade & Fireworks.
No FP, will check standby for Anna & Elsa , and 7dm

Sun - Epcot for 2nd last day of F&W
Soaring
Mission space
Test track
(Kinda depends on my neck injury pain level)
Lots of tasting around the world

Mon.- MK for rope drop
FP for Buzz
7 DMT
Princess M&G
Lunch at Tonys or liberty tree (don't have ressies because as 1 they'll usually seat me as a walk up.found that out on last solo trip)

Going post & continue cuz iPads time out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Tues. DHS rope drop and standby for TSM (unless they're still doing stupid FP only test)
FP+ 10 amFrozen sing along
11:35 TSM
12:15 Star tours

Lunch at Brown Derby

B&B show
Lots of time in the animation studio ( still gotta do my art school training)
LCA stunt show

Osborne lights and
Fantasmatic shows

Wed. AK RD at 9 am
FP+ New FotLK- yay!!
KS
Nemo
dinosaur

Lunch at flame tree.

Is anyone going to be there between Nov 9 to Nov 20th ?

I have my 7 days worth of fast pass+, which is still kinda annoying! because I'm staying off site, but have an annual pass I can only get 7 days, 30days out. :(
So this is what my solo trip is shaping up like:

Arrival Sat. Nov 8 5pm
Check in at Westgate Town Centre and then head to MK until 12am close.
Couple rounds of SofK
Parade & Fireworks.
No FP, will check standby for Anna & Elsa , and 7dm

Sun - Epcot for 2nd last day of F&W
Soaring
Mission space
Test track
(Kinda depends on my neck injury pain level)
Lots of tasting around the world

Mon.- MK for rope drop
FP for Buzz
7 DMT
Princess M&G
Lunch at Tonys or liberty tree (don't have ressies because as 1 they'll usually seat me as a walk up.found that out on last solo trip)

Going post & continue cuz iPads time out.

Tues. DHS rope drop and standby for TSM (unless they're still doing stupid FP only test)
FP+ 10 amFrozen sing along
11:35 TSM
12:15 Star tours

Lunch at Brown Derby

B&B show
Lots of time in the animation studio ( still gotta do my art school training)
LCA stunt show

Osborne lights and
Fantasmatic shows

Wed. AK RD at 9 am
FP+ New FotLK- yay!!
KS
Nemo
dinosaur

Lunch at flame tree.

Sounds like you got it pretty much planed out:thumbsup2, always wanted to do the whole art school thing but my son always backs out:confused3 , I've been at WDW at this time the end of F&W & the start of Christmas, Great time to be there:cool1:

Has anyone done the FP for BOG:confused3, how does that work do you preorder your meal and pick it up, I know sometimes at a quick serve I'm checking out what other guests are walking away with before I decide what I will order, now can you change your mind of what you order when you get there or are you stuck with your choice, other question is what if you show up a few minutes late:confused3

Has anyone done the FP for BOG:confused3, how does that work do you preorder your meal and pick it up, I know sometimes at a quick serve I'm checking out what other guests are walking away with before I decide what I will order, now can you change your mind of what you order when you get there or are you stuck with your choice, other question is what if you show up a few minutes late:confused3

I've never got to do the FP for BOG- because I've been off-site since they opened, but I have had lunch there 3 times in the "standby" method and from what I've observed with the fast pass line at BOG is excately like another ride and not like ADR- picture regular counter service restaurant line (let's say 30 min. Standby time) and just like FP return lane they enter the regular cue with only a 7 minute wait to get the ordering station for food selection and then you go into the dining rooms with your magical rose and your food is "magically" delivered to the excat table. So at the ordering stations you see pictures of your food but no you don't get to see people carrying the trays in order to make your choice. It is pretty cool, for counter service but food recommendation: don't get the Mickey meatloaf (kids menu I think) it's terrible, nobody in our group of 7 liked it.

Sounds like you got it pretty much planed out:thumbsup2, always wanted to do the whole art school thing but my son always backs out:confused3 , I've been at WDW at this time the end of F&W & the start of Christmas, Great time to be there:cool1:

I've got more booked but not enough time to post it all- 11 days total.
I only get to do the drawing class at the animation studio when I'm solo. It's a minimum of 45 min to do 1 class (15 min. Wait- 30 min class) so on a commando schedule that's a lot of time to give up:scared:

I love this time of year at wdw......maybe that why I go every year :rolleyes:::yes::

We've done the FP at BOG several times, but never ordered the food ahead. We prefer to not lock into our meals ahead of time like that. I don't believe you can make changes once your check in, but I think you can add on if you hadn't pre-ordered dessert or whatever. You check in, sit down and they bring the food right to you using the magic band technology. I don't think the food comes any faster but you do save the few minutes it takes you to order. With the FP line, ordering doesn't take very long either, another reason why we've never felt it necessary to order ahead.

I think on one of the nights Im there I'm going to check out the AMC @ DTD probably Hero6 - I really want the try the dining service and again being solo I won't seem as lonely eating dinner at the movies.

Anyone else ever been to the dine-in theatres before? (Besides the Sci-fi diner :lmao: )

HS is starting to become a quickie park, Nov 6th they are closing Jack Sparrow, and the Sorcerer Hat will be removed in the beginning of the year (not that you could really see it that much anymore with the stage in front of it:confused3)

IMO after the Holidays more things will close, (I'm thinking Stunt show, streets of NY & Honey I shrunk the kids playground), It is apparent that something BIG is in the works:rolleyes1

The rumors have been around a while now about a Carsland or StarWars land:confused3

I would love to see them go for the WOW factor and build them both at the same time:yay: But right now everything is just speculation, so we will have to just wait and seepopcorn::

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also close the American Idol Experience at HS not long ago as well?? I'm curious to see what's in store for HS. It sounds like they are trying to generate new interest in the park, and put some super headliner lands and rides to attract attention to HS. I'm curious to what they end up doing with the renovations to HS. If they were going to do anything big, we should hear about it in the coming months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they also close the American Idol Experience at HS not long ago as well?? I'm curious to see what's in store for HS. It sounds like they are trying to generate new interest in the park, and put some super headliner lands and rides to attract attention to HS. I'm curious to what they end up doing with the renovations to HS. If they were going to do anything big, we should hear about it in the coming months.

Yes you are right they did close American Idol, and it is now the home for The Frozen sing along, before that the sing along was in the building next to the Cars M&G.

If you are at the Cars M&G basically now the only things that are open now until you reach TSM are Streets of NY (Basically only really used except for the Osboune Christmas lights), The car stunt show (its been rumored before that it might close due to cost) and HISTK playground. If all the things that are still open in that area closed your looking at a huge piece of real estate there, probably about a 1/3 of the park:confused3

Some rumors say Carsland others say Star Wars Land, who knows could be something to do with Marvel:confused3, I do think I read a few months ago that the person that was in charge of the development of Carsland DL is now in FL:confused3

In a strategic business world, since they are redoing DTD, making a Frozen attraction in Norway at Epcot, Avitar land in AK, and now that Fantasyland expansion in MK is done, it makes a lot of sense to do something in HS, since all the projects could probably be finished around the same time, probably sometime in 2016-2017.

I'm coming up with somewhere around that time based on the extension of Disney's CEO contract now till June 30, 2018. He's got the Golden touch and when everything is finally done, I got a felling it's going to be AMAZING:cool1::woohoo::yay::rockband::jumping1:

Well, sitting at the airport waiting for our connecting flight to Disney! Or as my Hubby reminds me, the destination is Florida, Disney is a place IN Florida.(silly guy)
So I wanted to post that this is my first trip, and 8 months of fun, tedious, exciting planning have gone into this 2 week trip. I posted our game plan for day 1 months ago on this board and AirGoofy (I'm pretty sure that's who it was) reminded me to not get too attached to the very specific time I had for every attraction. I admit I took this with a grain of salt; determined that I can do this commando thing to a T! I had such detailed plan for day one (tomorrow) and as I sit with a mild headache an just want sleep I officially took rope drop off the agenda for tomorrow. Oh the disappointment, but I'm too exhausted already:) couldn't sleep last night too excited, I better be able to sleep tonight!:)
Also why is Newark airport SOOO hot? Turn on the AC Jersey!
Thanks all for your wisdom Commandos :)

Well, sitting at the airport waiting for our connecting flight to Disney! Or as my Hubby reminds me, the destination is Florida, Disney is a place IN Florida.(silly guy)
So I wanted to post that this is my first trip, and 8 months of fun, tedious, exciting planning have gone into this 2 week trip. I posted our game plan for day 1 months ago on this board and AirGoofy (I'm pretty sure that's who it was) reminded me to not get too attached to the very specific time I had for every attraction. I admit I took this with a grain of salt; determined that I can do this commando thing to a T! I had such detailed plan for day one (tomorrow) and as I sit with a mild headache an just want sleep I officially took rope drop off the agenda for tomorrow. Oh the disappointment, but I'm too exhausted already:) couldn't sleep last night too excited, I better be able to sleep tonight!:)
Also why is Newark airport SOOO hot? Turn on the AC Jersey!
Thanks all for your wisdom Commandos :)

Well a couple of things I know is true right now is
- You are at WDW
- most likely it is a lot hotter then Newark Airport (in your defense I did turn on my a/c for awhile this day only about 50 miles from Newark AP)
- You did your 1st day

Things we don't know
- Did you get a good nights sleep when you got there:confused3
- Did you somewhat follow your plan or run amuck:confused3 I will admit the 1st day it is very easy to run amuck and that is totally understandable, I think you said you were staying for 2 weeks, so you got plenty of time to get everything done:thumbsup2
- Hope you let us know how things are going:goodvibes

Happy Halloween:cool1:, In a few more hours WDW should be starting to transform from Halloween to Christmas:yay:

Last night the 7DMT caught fire from a wayward spark from the firework show:scared1:, Luckily The Reedy Creek FD responded quickly and put the fire out :worship:, 7DMT was closed for about 2 hours and no one was hurt:thumbsup2

Kudos to The Reedy Creek FD for being on the ball and taking care of business so quickly:thumbsup2:woohoo:

Last night the 7DMT caught fire from a wayward spark from the firework show:scared1:, Luckily The Reedy Creek FD responded quickly and put the fire out :worship:, 7DMT was closed for about 2 hours and no one was hurt:thumbsup2

Kudos to The Reedy Creek FD for being on the ball and taking care of business so quickly:thumbsup2:woohoo:

wow!!! That's incredible... I'm glad it didn't close it down for my trip, and I'm also glad no one was hurt. Who'd a thought that sparks from the firework would set a ride on fire?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!