WDW Canadian Resident Ticket Expiry *RESOLVED* - Offer extended to May 20/17.

Here is the chat I just finished:

Greetings Wayfinders! Thank you for sailing beyond the Reef. How can I help you Navigate the Oceans today?

You
at 16:26, Feb 11:

Your website has contradictory info about the Canadian Ticket Purchase deal. In one place it says they never expire and in another place it says they must be activated by Dec 31, 2017.

Noah
at 16:28, Feb 11:
I'll be happy to help!

Noah
at 16:29, Feb 11:
Thank you for bringing that to our attention! We are currently in the process of changing the information for our Canadian Resident Special Offer, as the offer has recently been changed and extended!

Noah
Currently the offer has been extended until May 20, 2017 and the Tickets do not begin to expire until the date of First Use!

You
at 16:30, Feb 11:
The terms on the website and in the emails of people who have purchased today say otherwise.

Noah
at 16:32, Feb 11:
In that case, I might recommend contacting our Ticket Services Department for the most up to date information. The current Special Offer that we have states that the ticket can be purchased until May 20, 2017 and does not expire.

You
at 16:33, Feb 11:
Can I only do that by phone?

Yes, currently our Ticket Services Department does not offer a Live Chat Service. You can reach them at 407-566-4985 and they can inform you of any changes that might not be reflecting properly on our website for the Canadian Resident Tickets.

You
at 16:36, Feb 11:

Ok. Thanks for your help.

Noah
Currently the offer has been extended until May 20, 2017 and the Tickets do not begin to expire until the date of First Use!

Well, that's great news! Now if only they could update the website to reflect it... I can see them forgetting all of this in three years' time when I show up with an email, stating that my tickets expired in December 2017. I'm compiling my file of supporting pdfs now.

We'll have some answers tomorrow, but judging by the preemptive changes to the websites, today's opportunity to buy the multi-day tickets with no expiry date might be the last...

When I bought my passes (for future trips) last week at CAA ( with the 25% off Canadian discount ) they said they would not expire.

Okay, so it appears that the tickets that I bought last month will be valid for use in 2018.

But ......... is it possible that when I go to redeem these tickets they'll make me pay the difference between what I paid last month and what my fellow Canadian pays tomorrow? (Though I guess at this point we don't know if the Canadian resident deal will also go up in price tomorrow)

I won't be too happy with Disney if I have to dish out more money.

So - I put the passes in my, my husband, and my son's name. If, for example, my husband decides not to come and I bring someone else instead, is it possible to take the voucher in and issue the ticket in a name other than the one I selected when I purchased the multi-day pass?

I know you can't transfer them once issued, but what about BEFORE it's issued?

CAA had no expiry date when I purchased them. I did not have to assign the tickets either. Some people have spent a lot of money on tickets for future trips. I don't think Disney will want a PR nightmare .

CAA had no expiry date when I purchased them. I did not have to assign the tickets either. Some people have spent a lot of money on tickets for future trips. I don't think Disney will want a PR nightmare .

I don't think they will have a PR nightmare. It is just that the terms have changed for people buying the last few days (which is fine and Disney is allowed to do that), however, they have contradictory information on the adds that are still showing on their website. Anybody who bought up until this past Thursday should be fine as there is no mention of the expiry date on their confirmations.

Just got off the phone and the CM says there are no expiry dates printed on the tickets. Fingers crossed because we aren't going until March 2018.

I also just got of their web site where I was chatting with a CM. They said there was no expiry date. I screen showed the whole conversation.

I just checked the confirmation I received from Disney when I purchased Canadian Discounted tickets on Dec 28, 2016. There is no mention of an expiry date or that they will not expire on the confirmation I received. Just 14 days after first use. I looked at the fine print they did send and I've included two lines from the terms and conditions below.

"These Terms and Conditions for Ticket Orders are subject to change by Disney Destinations, LLC. Notice of such change will be deemed given if and when revised Terms & Conditions for Ticket Orders are posted on this web site."

I don't know what this means. It looks like they could retroactively change the expiry/non-expiry policy with regard to these tickets. Will they? Not likely but they could. I think that Disney generally honours the terms and conditions in place when purchased will likely be how they will treat these tickets. I just wish they would hurry up and change the website or clarify what's going on with tickets purchased before a few days ago.

Yesterday I got a response to my email on this topic. Take it for what it's worth, keeping in mind that it's yesterday's answer, and tomorrow's may be different (as other posts have indicated). I wrote:

On your promotional page for the Canadian Resident Special Ticket offer,
the following information is stated:

"The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during
2016, 2017 and beyond—they won't expire!"

However, when I add this tickets to my shopping cart and proceed to
checkout, the following contradictory information is given under
"Important Details" (see last sentence):

Prices for Canada Residents
Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use
Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior
to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the
Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call
certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest
Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be
used within 14 days of first use. The first day of use must be on or
before December 31, 2017.

I have an exchange voucher issued under this offer, which I obtained
through a 3rd party reseller. I have checked carefully and there is no
indication of an expiry date on this voucher.

Can you confirm that both my existing voucher and any new tickets
purchased under this offer will be valid for use in 2018 and beyond?

And the response was (emphasis mine):

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Ticketing. We apologize for
any miscommunication of the details for this promotional offer.

Through May 20, 2017, Canadian Residents may purchase a specially
discounted promotional ticket in advance of their visit. As part of this
offer, qualifying Guests will save 25% off the normal price of Magic
Your Way tickets four days in length or more including the Park Hopper
and Water Park Fun and More Options.

Canadian Residents must purchase this offer at
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/multi-day-tickets or by
calling 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) as it is not available for purchase
at the gate.

The promotional tickets will expire 14 days after first use. There is no
expiration for tickets that have not been activated.

Upon arrival, Canadian Resident Promotional Tickets must be activated
prior to first use in person at any Theme Park Ticket Windows or Disney
Springs Guest Relations. All Guests must bring and present a valid
Canadian passport. For residents of Canada who are not Canadian
citizens, they must bring a valid passport and valid proof of Canadian
residency.

Should you have additional questions please contact us again by replying
to this message or calling 407-566-4985 option 5. Our office hours are
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST seven (7) days a week.

Sincerely,

Jennilee
Ticketing Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort

With this in hand, I'm going to assume that Disney will honour my existing voucher indefinitely. I think I could also use this to argue for non-expiry of any future tickets obtained under this offer, but I'd really rather not have to argue. So still unsure about buying any more of these tickets for future use.

Thanks mab2012 that does clarify things. I hadn't given my tickets a second thought until today. It's so easy to panic with so much money invested in these tickets.

I just logged into the Disney site and the wording about first use by Dec 31, 2017 is now gone. Too bad I can't see to actually get past the adding guest information screen! Guess I will call...

I just logged into the Disney site and the wording about first use by Dec 31, 2017 is now gone.

I logged in as well - now I feel much better! I bought 10 day tickets yesterday in the heat of the confusion, in case the prices went up today. It seems that the messaging from the CMs was correct - the contradictory Dec 2017 expiry date on the website was an error, and they indeed do not expire (until activated, of course - the "must be used within 14 days of first use" still stands).

We have decided to explore other parts of the world for the next few years, but will definitely be back at WDW - Food and Wine Fest, RunDisney, and of course the upcoming Star Wars exhibits will pull us back! So pleased that these tickets will be available for use in a few years' time. But of course, after reading the disboards, I'm being pulled back sooner...!

Here is the chat I just finished:

Greetings Wayfinders! Thank you for sailing beyond the Reef. How can I help you Navigate the Oceans today?

You
at 16:26, Feb 11:

Your website has contradictory info about the Canadian Ticket Purchase deal. In one place it says they never expire and in another place it says they must be activated by Dec 31, 2017.

Noah
at 16:28, Feb 11:
I'll be happy to help!

Noah
Thank you for bringing that to our attention! We are currently in the process of changing the information for our Canadian Resident Special Offer, as the offer has recently been changed and extended!

Noah

You
at 16:30, Feb 11:
The terms on the website and in the emails of people who have purchased today say otherwise.

Noah
at 16:32, Feb 11:
In that case, I might recommend contacting our Ticket Services Department for the most up to date information. The current Special Offer that we have states that the ticket can be purchased until May 20, 2017 and does not expire.

You
at 16:33, Feb 11:
Can I only do that by phone?

Yes, currently our Ticket Services Department does not offer a Live Chat Service. You can reach them at 407-566-4985 and they can inform you of any changes that might not be reflecting properly on our website for the Canadian Resident Tickets.

You
at 16:36, Feb 11:

Ok. Thanks for your help.

They SERIOUSLY need to work on their communication. Here's my transcript from this morning:

Nebraska
at 10:32, Feb 13:
Go for it!
Jill
at 10:33, Feb 13:
I guess I was wondering, do you know if the deal is going to be extended beyond Feb 28th?
Nebraska
The promotion is due to expire on that date. We will not extend it beyond that date at this time.
Jill
at 10:34, Feb 13:
Not to be a pain, but would you be able to check? As some people have called and been told it's being extended to may 20th.
Jill
*double check
Jill
I just wanted to find out for sure, before I make a purchase.
Nebraska
at 10:35, Feb 13:
It is definitely not being extended.

I guess I was wondering, do you know if the deal is going to be extended beyond Feb 28th?
Nebraska
The promotion is due to expire on that date. We will not extend it beyond that date at this time.
Jill
Not to be a pain, but would you be able to check? As some people have called and been told it's being extended to may 20th.
Jill
*double check
Jill
I just wanted to find out for sure, before I make a purchase.
Nebraska

Yes it appears Disney is giving mixed messages on this extension to May 20. Though I am not as much of a Star Wars fan as when I was a kid, my Force Powers tell me the deal will be extended.

my Force Powers tell me the deal will be extended.

Nebraska

Well, this confirms it. WDW1979 DOES have Force Powers, and CM Nebraska is wrong! The website now indicates that the offer is extended. Except when you do the math, the savings are actually 32%!

upload_2017-2-13_7-33-44.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter