WDW Canadian Resident Ticket Expiry *RESOLVED* - Offer extended to May 20/17.

The Disney LAND tickets have a dec '18 expiration (of course they're not available for sale anymore). WDW tickets are on sale until tomorrow and DO NOT have expiration.

There's a long post on red flag deals on these tickets including email confirmations from CM regarding expiration-free tickets.

I'm probably going to break down and buy. They're good for years and I'm hoping to go within the next year or two anyway.

Last day for the deal folks! I bought my second set of tickets last night. Hopefully, it won't cause any confusion for our upcoming trip as there are 2 sets in MDE now. I assume my FP+ won't be linked to specific tickets, but you know what happens when you assume...

You're confusing Disney Land tickets with Disney World tickets.

Disney Land tickets purchased as part of this promotion expire at the end of the year.

Disney World tickets purchased with this promotion do not expire, ever.

I'm with a Disney agent on phone right now and i'm furious with her cause she's telling me that Canadian tickets do expire on december 2017 ??????????? Do you know how many customers will loose money as they are not refundable? I ask to speak to a supervisor.....still waiting

I'm with a Disney agent on phone right now and i'm furious with her cause she's telling me that Canadian tickets do expire on december 2017 ??????????? Do you know how many customers will loose money as they are not refundable? I ask to speak to a supervisor.....still waiting
There are multiple reports, in numerous places --here, on Facebook, on redflag deals -- that these tickets for DisneyWORLD will show an expiry date of December 31, 2030 once linked to your MDE account.

I bought the Canadian tickets online at Disneyworld.com a few weeks ago. I'm looking on my phone at the My Disney Experience app right now and it says under My Tickets, Valid Through 12/31/2030.

So just looked on the airmiles site, still an option for reduced park passes. Gone on the Disney site. Was able to go to checkout on AM site, just did not have enough points for it to go through.
Good luck to any that might try to score them still.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I bought the Canadian tickets online at Disneyworld.com a few weeks ago. I'm looking on my phone at the My Disney Experience app right now and it says under My Tickets, Valid Through 12/31/2030.

I just bought two tickets yesterday, and can see them on both the website and the app. However, I can't see anything about the date of validity. Just this, on the app... Where do I go from here? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
So just looked on the airmiles site, still an option for reduced park passes. Gone on the Disney site. Was able to go to checkout on AM site, just did not have enough points for it to go through.
Good luck to any that might try to score them still.

Curious. Can you buy a 7-day AM ticket and upgrade to 10-day at a later date? Paying the extra cost at time upgrade, of course.

Curious. Can you buy a 7-day AM ticket and upgrade to 10-day at a later date? Paying the extra cost at time upgrade, of course.

No you cannot. The promotion is over. If you want to upgrade from 7 to 10 days, you will have to pay full 10 day ticket price minus the actual value of 7 days, so it will sadly be close to $200 to upgrade instead of $30.

No you cannot. The promotion is over. If you want to upgrade from 7 to 10 days, you will have to pay full 10 day ticket price minus the actual value of 7 days, so it will sadly be close to $200 to upgrade instead of $30.
Are we sure about this. We might be able to bridge after using the ticket one day. I have not seen any firm cases yet. Now that the promo is over we will see if anyone does this.

Are we sure about this. We might be able to bridge after using the ticket one day. I have not seen any firm cases yet. Now that the promo is over we will see if anyone does this.

Can't be sure, unless someone tried it today and posted already. And even then, we know that individual experiences may vary. But I'm not really hopeful, since that would amount to bridging a discounted ticket, which is not supposed to be allowed. That's basically the answer people were given when they tried to upgrade to an AP.

It'll be interesting to see people's actual experiences with this though.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I just bought two tickets yesterday, and can see them on both the website and the app. However, I can't see anything about the date of validity. Just this, on the app... Where do I go from here? Thanks.

I'm using the Android App which was just updated last week. After tapping on Mickey Mouse on the first screen, under "Park Info & Entry", the third icon from the left says "My Tickets" which will show the date. I'm not sure if the Apple products have the same menu layout.

Of course you can upgrade any form of ticket media but the problem with the current discounted tickets that AM is still supplying (i imagine until supply is depleted) is that there will never be any question how much those tickets *cost* So when you go to do your upgrade you will lose any realized discount.

Even with the promotion going on back in March, when we went to add a 7th day at the gate to our 6 day CDN tickets, it was going to be hundreds of dollars to add the day rather than the extra $10. This time I bought one more day than I thought I will need !

IMG_1345.jpg
I'm using the Android App which was just updated last week. After tapping on Mickey Mouse on the first screen, under "Park Info & Entry", the third icon from the left says "My Tickets" which will show the date. I'm not sure if the Apple products have the same menu layout.

My bad. I didn't update the app. Once I did, I could see "My Tickets" immediately on the home page. And there is no question about the expiry date!

It's been many years since using a day on your ticket locked your ticket value at current gate price, this work-around has sadly gone the way of the dinosaur

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

I think I'm going to give my tickets to my sister's family to use this coming November. Is there a quick way to transfer the tickets to her MDE that will allow her to book fast passes, etc?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...

I think I'm going to give my tickets to my sister's family to use this coming November. Is there a quick way to transfer the tickets to her MDE that will allow her to book fast passes, etc?

Are they entered in MDE under your profile? If so, just click on Re-assign ticket and choose the new 'owner' from your Friends and Family list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter