• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

Yes slower but not this slow. It is really slow and we even tried to rent points out and its been a month with no bites.
In regards to the points that you need to rent, maybe try securing a reservation and list the confirmed reservation with one of the rental brokers. Studios rent easiest. This is what I did when I ended up with some points in holding that I wouldn’t be using. Good luck.

In regards to the points that you need to rent, maybe try securing a reservation and list the confirmed reservation with one of the rental brokers. Studios rent easiest. This is what I did when I ended up with some points in holding that I wouldn’t be using. Good luck.

We aren't super concerned about if they rent out or not. Travel is slowing way down overall, this summer I have a feeling is when places really start to feel it.

You can buy it without an ID but you cannot activate without proof of Florida residency. Note that WDW does allow seasonal residents to buy and prove residency. Basically, a bank account, utilities, or mortgage of a Florida property. We are Iowa residents but have been able to buy the FL rate AP as we own a property in FL. Timeshares don’t count. We really appreciate this which I don’t believe UO does. Keeps us going to WDW.
We have FL Universal APs. They are more strict in what you provide (ie. no banking accounts) but it is quite doable for part time FL residents.

What about if you live in a shack or tent under the bridge? Does that count as Florida residency?
It only counts as residency to vote. High profile people have been allowed to vote in FL without a residence. But I imagine that those living in a shack or tent might have a FL ID that will give them access.

Please do not abuse the FL residency rules with a work around.
You will just ruin it for all of us legit Floridians.

What are the work arounds? Disney is very clear on what one must provide to have access to their Florida Resident tickets. If a guest provides the required items then they are legit Floridians to Disney.

We have FL Universal APs. They are more strict in what you provide (ie. no banking accounts) but it is quite doable for part time FL residents.

It only counts as residency to vote. High profile people have been allowed to vote in FL without a residence. But I imagine that those living in a shack or tent might have a FL ID that will give them access.

What are the work arounds? Disney is very clear on what one must provide to have access to their Florida Resident tickets. If a guest provides the required items then they are legit Floridians to Disney.
Interesting. I did not know that seasonal FL residents qualify.

There are work arounds to get the required documentation. I will not go into detail, but it has been suggested in other threads.
I could be wrong, but I sensed this is that there was going.

With the continued offers coming out for the summer, makes me (foolishly) hope for them to have to resort to opening up AP sales again pre-summer.

Agree - I'm sure there are some who value the APs coming back more than others, but overall there are many more factors involved with the resale market. I know DVC owners who have never owned an AP.
And there are a lot of professional DVC owners who are just selling points and don't care about APs at all.

But for direct buyers, which is what Disney cares about, AP has always been an important part. It was the main gist of the pitch when I did it in 2018. I'm not even sure how you do the pitch now, with no APs. Kind of makes me want to do it again to see what they are saying.

With the continued offers coming out for the summer, makes me (foolishly) hope for them to have to resort to opening up AP sales again pre-summer.
So with the suspension of Disneyland Paris' AP program, I'm not sure what to think anymore! They also claim to be restructuring their program. They do allow current passholders to renew existing passes.

And there are a lot of professional DVC owners who are just selling points and don't care about APs at all.

But for direct buyers, which is what Disney cares about, AP has always been an important part. It was the main gist of the pitch when I did it in 2018. I'm not even sure how you do the pitch now, with no APs. Kind of makes me want to do it again to see what they are saying.

I agree for direct the AP is a big part but still even for them not all. Some people just don't want to deal with resale or even know it exsists. Not every DVC member buys in with plans for mulitple trips a year. There are alot that buy enough points to bank/borrow and go every 1.5-3 years.

If they're worried about crowds and there really isn't many direct DVC members who want AP's as everyone here is claiming... Then open them up to that small number of people! What harm could it possibly do to allow direct DVC buyers access to APs even at a high premium. It will make them happy and literally not harm Disney AT ALL.

- signed a direct DVC member who stupidly let passes expire last year

Reaching that point, we'll probably just buy tickets for our trip in May.

Maybe Disney is deliberately withholding Annual Passes for DVC members, but I think they are just really incompetent. Management is all screwed up, they got layoffs during a labor shortage, streaming is losing billions, blew 70 billion on fox, not to mention the political charades. They couldn't even implement basic security measures like two-factor authentication. Honestly not sure if they have the capability to implement a new DVC annual pass program.

Also, they backed themselves into a corner saying demand is SO HIGH, one and done families spend more money, passholders are nuisance. Now if they go to sell passes they look desperate and its bad for the stock.

Disneyland Paris passes are now suspended…. They were the best deal in the Disney annual pass empire in my view…. Now they are gone…. Doesn’t bode well for WDW passes coming back anytime soon.

Disney isn’t going to bring APs back or dining plan back until the parks are empty. When ,or rather if, that happens you’ll see that stuff come back as an incentive to get people back in the parks. But that doesn’t appear to be an issue anytime soon.

Disney isn’t going to bring APs back or dining plan back until the parks are empty. When ,or rather if, that happens you’ll see that stuff come back as an incentive to get people back in the parks. But that doesn’t appear to be an issue anytime soon.
Agreed. I think they will exhaust all discounts before they offer APs again

Well, I'm still holding out hope for passes to be sold after Easter break...but I do have tix already for our May trip...it would just be nice to upgrade to a pass as we'd like to make another trip this year to use more DVC pts.

Yeah, I have always wondered how they were allowed to use APs in their sales pitch and then suddenly take them away. Yes, the wording is there that any discounts can be taken away at their whim, etc... But once you use it as a sales tactic is that not a bait and switch? APs should be a permanent perk for DVC just due to that sales tactic.

Yeah, I have always wondered how they were allowed to use APs in their sales pitch and then suddenly take them away. Yes, the wording is there that any discounts can be taken away at their whim, etc... But once you use it as a sales tactic is that not a bait and switch? APs should be a permanent perk for DVC just due to that sales tactic.
I believe there is something in the law about sales people that permits them to say just about anything when selling a timeshare. John Oliver recently did an episode about timeshares and mentioned something to that effect. Whether that is ethical or not, I have no idea.

Furthermore, at the time, that was what Disney offered. The salesman provided truthful information. To me, that shouldn’t obligate Disney to offer it in perpetuity because a salesman said it was an advantage to purchasing the product.

DVC didn’t take them away, WDW took them away from everyone. That’s how they can justify it.

One thing that happened right before they stopped sales is the discount on the top pass was taken away from both DVC and Florida Residents. Resulted in about a $400 increase. So the only DVC perk was the ability to buy Sorcerer as a non Florida resident.

DVC didn’t take them away, WDW took them away from everyone. That’s how they can justify it.

One thing that happened right before they stopped sales is the discount on the top pass was taken away from both DVC and Florida Residents. Resulted in about a $400 increase. So the only DVC perk was the ability to buy Sorcerer as a non Florida resident.
Agreed - Disney removed them, not DVC. I would also contend there were 2 DVC benefits - the ability to buy Sorcerer as a non-Florida resident, and the ability to renew them. The renewal option is still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter