WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

Slight side note ............. Disneyland Paris (which is in expansion mode and profitable) has just put their Annual Passes, 4 levels very similar to WDW except cheaper - has put their Annual Pass sales on hold. You can still renew but can not purchase one. They say they are revamping their program with "new product range" ........ will be announced later this year.

Is it possible there will be a new product for WDW as well? Is there a similar timetable?

Slight side note ............. Disneyland Paris (which is in expansion mode and profitable) has just put their Annual Passes, 4 levels very similar to WDW except cheaper - has put their Annual Pass sales on hold. You can still renew but can not purchase one. They say they are revamping their program with "new product range" ........ will be announced later this year.

Is it possible there will be a new product for WDW as well? Is there a similar timetable?
I hope so. We just let our APs lapse due to planning to visit DL next year instead of WDW. But I especially hope for a new pass that’s less expensive and limits to a specific number of park admissions each year but allows those admissions to be used as desired throughout the year.

I hope so. We just let our APs lapse due to planning to visit DL next year instead of WDW. But I especially hope for a new pass that’s less expensive and limits to a specific number of park admissions each year but allows those admissions to be used as desired throughout the year.
I’d be happy with one that was good any time as long as you are staying on site.

I don't think we see anything more palatable. Either similar or more restrictive.

I don't see anything like this happening. I mean that is basically a non-expire park hopper ticket (and time limit). I don't see them bringing anything like that back again. In their mind if you are a FL Resident they similar. If you are OOS they want you committing to either an expensive pass which translates to folks coming more often to get their monies worth OR buying tickets (again commitment) and staying longer than a day or two.

I’d be happy with one that was good any time as long as you are staying on site.
Very interesting thought.

Would it ever be usable if not staying on site? Or restricted to onsite stays only?

Would it ever be usable if not staying on site? Or restricted to onsite stays only?
That idea has been circulating on the DVC forums too, and there’s a lot of support for it. I’m not in favor of it because in the past we’ve stayed at offsite timeshares as well when out of DVC points. However, we now see that our park going may be diminishing, so a pass like that could be attractive. It will all depend on what we’d get for what price!

I don't think we see anything more palatable. Either similar or more restrictive.

I don't see anything like this happening. I mean that is basically a non-expire park hopper ticket (and time limit). I don't see them bringing anything like that back again. In their mind if you are a FL Resident they similar. If you are OOS they want you committing to either an expensive pass which translates to folks coming more often to get their monies worth OR buying tickets (again commitment) and staying longer than a day or two.

Very interesting thought.

I’d be fine with it’s only good for days you have any on-site hotel or DVC reservation, including check in and check out days. But good for as many days in the year as you book reservations - no limit. We are in SC and always stay on site, so would be ideal. I could see lots of folks being interested in and on-site pass.

Does anyone know if we can upgrade our APs over the phone?
Yes, I'm sure someone does. 😉

I suspect the answer is that you will be able to. I'd wait a while since the phones will be slammed at the beginning.

Yes, I'm sure someone does. 😉

I suspect the answer is that you will be able to. I'd wait a while since the phones will be slammed at the beginning.
I'm probably gonna call sometime this week and see what the process will be. And if not, can I send a friend to do it for me

I'm probably gonna call sometime this week and see what the process will be. And if not, can I send a friend to do it for me
Do you mean send a friend to Guest Services? That's a good question. It's worth a try. I'd send the friend a copy of your Drivers License (or ID) at the very least. Do you have an existing AP linked to your MDE already? If so, I think the chances would be better that the friend could do it, though I'm just speculating. I'm sure someone who actually knows will jump in to answer this definitively.

Do you mean send a friend to Guest Services? That's a good question. It's worth a try. I'd send the friend a copy of your Drivers License (or ID) at the very least. Do you have an existing AP linked to your MDE already? If so, I think the chances would be better that the friend could do it, though I'm just speculating. I'm sure someone who actually knows will jump in to answer this definitively.
Exactly, I'm a pixie passholder cuz it was all i could get, and I have several friends on Orlando (a DCP CM, even) and really want pirate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter