Watermelon plants

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here ever grown watermelon? My daughter planted seeds one day, and I didn't even think it was going to grow. I planted the seedlings, and was confused as to what type of plant it was turning out to be. Finally figured out that it was a watermelon plant. I know that it will be a vine, and the plant will need a lot of room. Right now, I have it in my garden where there is no space for it to spread, so will have to plant it else where, and hope that it survives.

Does anyone have tips on how to take care of it, or any other useful info.?

Has anyone here ever grown watermelon? My daughter planted seeds one day, and I didn't even think it was going to grow. I planted the seedlings, and was confused as to what type of plant it was turning out to be. Finally figured out that it was a watermelon plant. I know that it will be a vine, and the plant will need a lot of room. Right now, I have it in my garden where there is no space for it to spread, so will have to plant it else where, and hope that it survives.

Does anyone have tips on how to take care of it, or any other useful info.?

They need lots of water and I have never been able to grow a sweet watermelon. My soil mustn't have what it takes to produce a sweet one.

Good luck!

Thank you for the tip. Do you know if you can move the plant once it is in the ground?

I know they do sell Pre started watermelon, cucumber and pumpkin plants. So with good care, cut the ground in a circle 3-6 from the base of the plant..water, wait a day or two then move it. Get as much root as you can. I think it depends on just how mature the plants are. You may have to wait to next year to harvest watermelon.

I know they do sell Pre started watermelon, cucumber and pumpkin plants. So with good care, cut the ground in a circle 3-6 from the base of the plant..water, wait a day or two then move it. Get as much root as you can. I think it depends on just how mature the plants are. You may have to wait to next year to harvest watermelon.

Thank you for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter