Water Parks by yourself.

snchpnz

Mouseketeer
Would you go to a Disney water park by yourself? I've been to all 4 Disney Theme Parks by myself many times and I love it but I've never been to one of Disney's water parks and I'd really like to experience them. I'm unsure about going alone for many reasons. One being the safety aspect about being alone in the water and two being that since I've never been to the water parks before I really don't know what to expect. Will I be bored? Will I feel alone? The themeparks are different because it's easy to interact with cast member and other guests while standing in line but what about at the water parks? I've been to other water parks with family and I love the aquaduck and aquadunk on Disney ships so I can kinda imagine what it'll be like and I know for sure I'm going to go on a few water slides. Can anyone here that has gone alone tell me more about what it's like?

I'm planning to hit them during my solo trip in September. I've never done any of the parks alone, but I'm used to doing a lot of things alone--I even went camping alone for the first time this past Fall! While there are always legitimate reasons to be concerned about safety, I think that Disney is one of those rare places where you're probably safer than usual.

I've been to a couple of other water parks over the years (not alone), and aside from maybe a couple of features that might require two people to carry a raft up a flight of stairs, most of the "rides" are things you either do as a bigger group with strangers (the big rafts), or by yourself anyway (regular slides, single rafts). Mainly, though, I plan to ride the lazy rivers and soak my feet most of the time. The only thing that could make it better would be some pina coladas while I'm doing it! :) Why can't we adult-days at the water parks??

I have been to the water parks mant times but never solo. I DO spend a good bit of time there on my own though - either in the lazy river or the wave pool. I prefer TL to BB. I would not hesitate to go solo and I probably will do so on my next trip.

I've gone solo. I get a locker for valuables and change of clothes, keep my hat and flip flops to put on a chair with my towel. With magicbands now it is easy to get food and drinks. I have been to BB a couple of times, TL once. There are a few rides/slides you can't do solo. Never had a safety concern - the only place there is deep water is in the wave pools. I enjoy the slides, lazy river, and pool. (I don't usually interact with cast members and other guests much at the theme parks though.)

I have done solo water park visits and will do again.

Will you feel bored or alone? I don't know.

I don't feel any more alone at a water park then I do at one of the theme parks

I once went alone to Blizzard Beach and didn't enjoy it, but I guess I'm not that crazy about water parks in general. I'd suggest being prepared to rent a locker, as there won't be anyone to watch your stuff, and they won't let you take it on most of the rides. I probably wouldn't go solo again to a water park. YMMV.

Ive gone solo before for the lazy river. It was a nice way to relax and float away some time. I tried the wave pool, which was fun, but it would be a lot more fun to share that experience with someone else.

I also picked a water park before a departing flight, since it would give me a chance to shower off all the humidity and sunscreen before heading to the airport (I had already checked out of my hotel).

Overall, I don't find water parks to be a lot of fun as a solo traveler. But if you have a ticket that already gets you in, the lazy rivers are a huge step up from most hotel pools.

My concern was that I didn't want to be that creepy solo man at a kids water park. It turned out that those fears were ridiculous. The parks are so huge, nobody knows who is separated from whom and what everyone is off doing.

Just watch out for the group raft rides. I was there and got in a line, not really knowing what it was, but I couldn't ride alone. They can try to pair you up with people, but I wasn't really feeling that. I had not gone there solo, but my friend only wanted to lazy-river it, so we split up.

I would definitely do a water park solo...anytime I went with my family it was always a huge argument over where to go or what to do and the lines can take forever. I'd love to just do my own thing - I'd get to do so many more things! Plus I wouldn't have anybody to yell at me for checking girls out...:love:

I've done both the WDW water parks solo multiple times and had a good time doing it. I found that I tended to stay engaged for a shorter time at a water park than at one of the theme parks, but swimming is so energy-consuming that I'd generally be pretty tired by the time I was bored of it anyhow. I guess it kind of depends on what you enjoy doing at water parks. I always had fun on the slides and so forth, but I find that swimming itself is kind of boring for me when I'm alone, so I'd only spend enough time in the wave pool and lazy river to say I'd done it. There will be a few attractions you simply can't ride alone (one of the water coaster slides required two riders, and I want to say there are a couple family raft rides), and my experience is that people are less willing to share a raft at a water park than a ride car at a theme park, so you may simply not get to go on certain slides.

I think if you're curious and you want to try it, you should go for it at least once. I'd just be prepared to make that one of your shorter days, maybe anticipate chilling at your resort or spending some time in Disney Springs in the late afternoon/evening so you don't feel obligated to stay until closing if you're not feeling it. You can always stay longer at the park if you're having a good time, yanno?

Hubby loves solo time at the water parks. Personally, because of my poor vision/breathing difficulties, I feel a bit too vulnerable (not being able to carry an inhaler is an issue) on my own, but would willingly do it if there weren't health obstacles.

Hubby loves solo time at the water parks. Personally, because of my poor vision/breathing difficulties, I feel a bit too vulnerable (not being able to carry an inhaler is an issue) on my own, but would willingly do it if there weren't health obstacles.

What do you think about something like these? They are waterproof cases that let you keep essentials with you.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOYRWSW/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_1_w
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S54HRAE/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w

They seem to have rules about not having loose items on slides. I got told off for taking my flip flops off on one of them, but they'd fall off if I didn't...

Ah, that's a good point. I have board shorts with a secure pocket, so it might be easier to stow a waterproof bag.

What do you think about something like these? They are waterproof cases that let you keep essentials with you.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOYRWSW/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_1_w
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S54HRAE/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w

Ah, that's a good point. I have board shorts with a secure pocket, so it might be easier to stow a waterproof bag.
Yeah but for those that like to sport the tight European cut trunks...where do you store the essentials? :confused3:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Im actually planning on going to TL tomorrow solo, I made a thread about it so if anyone wants to meet up let me know!

They seem to have rules about not having loose items on slides. I got told off for taking my flip flops off on one of them, but they'd fall off if I didn't...

I wear a dryfit shirt and just tuck the pouch in my shirt. Worked well on all the slides, even Summit Plummit, which I did solo.

I have to admit water parks aren't my favorite solo....you can't carry a phone around as easily (I like to at least be chatting with friends lol) and some of my favorite rides are hard to do solo. However, I would do it if I had a lot of vacation time to kill.

I went solo at blizzard beach last month. I floated in my tube around the lazy river 8 times! Seeing the mini donut sign 8 times has a way of working up an appetite! So of course I had to get a strawberry shortcake sundae before I left.
It was a lovely day, using up a very old water park plus ticket from 2004!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!