Water bottle refill stations still operational?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
For those who are going to WDW or have been since the COVID changes, are the water bottle refill stations operational or have they been discontinued?
First time to WDW and I am use to DLR water refill stations so don't know if there is a big difference.

Some are available, some have been disabled. The one in line for Navi River is running, one in Galaxies Edge was off. We are water bottle refillers too and have just used the drinking fountains.

Some are available, some have been disabled. The one in line for Navi River is running, one in Galaxies Edge was off. We are water bottle refillers too and have just used the drinking fountains.

When I was at HS a couple of weeks ago, the one in GE was working. Maybe it was recently though that they turned off

I would be cautious. I don't know how frequently they are cleaned. I am the person who witnessed some teens licking the ones near the market in SWGE. I hope that was an anomaly.

I'm sure it was, but if I have to touch anything, I sanitize my hand right away anyway

I'm sure it was, but if I have to touch anything, I sanitize my hand right away anyway

It wasn't my hand I was worried about. They were licking the actual part that dispenses water. I would be concerned that their germs were in the water that I was going to drink. Normally, I would just say "what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger", but right now, I worry that it will kill me.

When I was at HS a couple of weeks ago, the one in GE was working. Maybe it was recently though that they turned off
Very well could have been broken. No sign up or anything. Lowry Park Zoo has all theirs turned off so it's shocking that WDW is so much better RE water. Lowry Park Zoo only requires masks inside.

It wasn't my hand I was worried about. They were licking the actual part that dispenses water. I would be concerned that their germs were in the water that I was going to drink. Normally, I would just say "what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger", but right now, I worry that it will kill me.

ooh, I meant the water bottle filling part. Ya I wouldn't use the fountain part

Any walk-up location that sells fountain drinks (like Storybook Treats in MK) or QS will give you a free cup of ice water just for asking, and you can pour it into your water bottle.

Any walk-up location that sells fountain drinks (like Storybook Treats in MK) or QS will give you a free cup of ice water just for asking, and you can pour it into your water bottle.
I don't speak for all water bottle fillers, but IMO those cups are so small I need 3 myself and then carrying is an issue. It's also not easy in the Covid world to get into every QS location. Also at MK there's still a lot of old copper that tastes like pennies, even at some QS locations. The quick water bottle fillers are one of the best new things they've installed, and I hope they become as ubiquitous as trash cans some day. I don't know why Brita or some company like that doesn't sponsor the install and put them everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter