• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wanna Join My "Offsite Support Group"?

Been there done that. Am a offsiter for the duration. My kids even would rather stay offsite. We will be there in March with kids,spouses and grandkids and they asked that I plan on everyone staying offsite. Boy this made such an easy no brainer for buying Christmas presents, we are giving each family the price of their condo for a week, easily more affordable and convient than buying presents for everyone and shopping. :love:
There was another thread similar to this and as I stated there, I can not figure out for the life of me why people would want to have a vacation that is 24hr. Disney. The rooms are small,and expensive. The transportation leaves alot to be desired, even with the trivia spouting drivers. And yes I don't have to sit in a bathroom for some privacy :rotfl2:

Count me in.

rdjm says : There was another thread similar to this and as I stated there, I can not figure out for the life of me why people would want to have a vacation that is 24hr. Disney.
I can appreciate both on and offsite. Some may feel the opposite of you and wonder how one cannot appreciate staying on disney property.
It's great for the themeing.....for those who do not care to drive....EMH......package delivery......many prefer eating out and using the disney dining plan (no needing a kitchen).....it is another kind of feeling you get staying onsite. Some disney resorts you can walk to the parks. Very convenient and something offsite cannot offer.
We tend to do both (more staying onsite than off), but I can see the pros and cons to both. There's no single "right way" to do disney. So I can definitely see why some enjoy being immersed in 24 hr disney (staying at the Wilderness Lodge comes to mind !) and I can understand the benefits of offsite as well.

FayeW said:
This just really made me laugh!

I can't believe this thread has been revived! My trip seemed soooo far away when I started this, and now we leave in 3 1/2 weeks! :dancer: :banana:

I am looking forward to our first stay at Orbit One, but a little nervous since we've never stayed in Kissimee before, only Lake Buena Vista.

Have a great trip. You'll ike the location of Orbit One. Our timeshare is very close to that one and I have driven by Orbit One many times. Its a nice small resort, and the location is very convenient to the entrance of WDW that runs off 192. You're only a few minutes farther away than AKL, CS, and the All Stars.

I'm in!! I have to say that I thought the magic of Disney was to stay on site and be in the thick of things. Now having stayed at the Nick hotel for the last 2 years, I don't think I will ever go back. This from the girl who wants to move there and work for Disney, it's a little ironic. I love off site, and I can get everything so much cheaper that way. I am an offsite junkie!

princess: 4 bedroom pool home...and leave in less than 2 wks for our first trip.

With the savings......it just seemed the SMART thing for us to do (my twin sis is coming with us...she's with her dh, and 1 yr old son). My kids are 4 & 6 yrs old and they need to be able to "chill out" a little and with the price difference we are saving SO MUCH $$.

I love it--hope it will be an experience to last a life time. Found the renter on vbro.com

HUGS!
Donna in Charlotte
:cheer2: :banana: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter