Walt's - an American Restaurant

We ate here on Monday 27th October for lunch.

We all had the cauliflower soup to start which was really tasty.
DisneylandParis040.jpg

For main, my mum had the salmon with lemon mash which again was very good.
DisneylandParis041.jpg

The rest of us had the steak, we had asked for it to be cooked at different states (I like mine well done, DH medium) and we got what we asked for. The sauce was excellent.
DisneylandParis042.jpg

For desert I had chocolate cake with pistachio icecream which was yummy and very filling.
DisneylandParis048.jpg

DH had apple crumble
DisneylandParis045.jpg

Mum had cheesecake
DisneylandParis046.jpg

and dad had icecream
DisneylandParis047.jpg

All the food was excellent and we had another lovely meal here. This time we were seated in the Discovery room and had a lovely view of Main Street.

We ate here on Wednesday 29 October.

We had a table booked for 5.00pm, so got there at 4.45 and asked if it was possible to have a window seat. The girl said she would see what she could do. Five minutes later another family came in and asked the same thing. She told them that everybody wanted a window seat and it wasn't always possible. Then she went upstairs, came back down and winked at us and gave us the thumbs up! Good job we got there a bit early.
We were seated in Main Street USA room and had a great view of the parade as it passed.

100_0415.jpg

100_0417.jpg

100_0423.jpg

I had the smoked salmon, Granny Smith and bagel starter, which was very refreshing,

100_0428.jpg

then my usual steak with bearnaise sauce as a main. Dtr had the usual Walt's burger and strawberry milkshake - not very adventurous, but you can see by the photos (compared to our ones from August) that the food is consistantly good here.

100_0433.jpg

100_0434.jpg

100_0437.jpg

It's a lovely place to eat - still recommended. :thumbsup2 Just get there early if you want a view!

We visited on the 1st December. Below is the current menu - beware it seems to have shrunk quite a bit!! Didnt get to see the dessert or childrens menu either (sorry!)...

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

This is a really lovely place to eat, the decor is amazing and so plush. We were seated in the frontierland room, it was very busy (even though we got there for opening) so make sure you book a table. They pipe in the Christmas music from Main Street which was a nice touch :goodvibes .

121.jpg

123.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

133.jpg

We ate off the 19.90 euro lunch express menu.

We both had the chicken with the marsala sauce. It was very tasty the sauce was nice light creamy sauce, and the portion was just the right amount.

134.jpg

For dessert we had the gourmet coffee each, which again was very tasty, the pear sorbet in the middle was amazing!

135.jpg

Service was very good. We used our shareholders 15% discount here and I thought the meal was very good value for money.

Thank you this the perfect type of post/review that helps posters pick their restaurant choices :)

We ate at Walt's again at the End of Novemner and I can confirm that the menu shrunk quite a bit. And the worst was that Walt's Gourmet Burger was not on the menu anymore. :scared1:
First Cinderellas Slipper disappeared last year and now Walt's Burger.
We still had a great dinner but we were looking forward to eat Walt's Burger again.

We ate here on Monday 12th January at 2pm.

The service was excellent and the restaurant was just beautiful. We were lucky enough to get a window seat and it was great to gaze over main street. It would have been even better if we had eaten there during the Parade!

The Food: We had hb+ vouchers and these covered our meal.
DH and I both started with the cauliflower and cumin soup. I especially liked this - it was delicious. The children's meal came on a Mickey shaped 'tray' a bit like a school dinner tray. Their starters were carrot sticks and tomatoes with a dip. The carrots looked like they had been hanging around a while.;)

My main course was the vegetarian option of (you guessed it) ravioli. It was nice but a little bit bland. DH had chicken in a sauce (can't remember what) but he said it was like chicken supreme.:confused3 The children both had chicken and chips. It was a large chicken breast and lattice fries ( a little over done). This was a bit dry with the absence of any gravy/sauce. Be warned that the premium menu does not include a veggie main.

The children both had ice-cream for desert. Our desserts were fabulous. I had the chocolate cake with chocolate brownie ice-cream. Yum. Dh had cheesecake with raspberry sauce. He is a cheesecake addict and was really impressed.

I would go back to this restaurant in an instant. The food wasn't all perfect but the surroundings are utterly wonderful - a step back in time. The service was attentive but not intrusive and I felt like an important customer. Go there to experience what Walt's has to offer!

CNV00030.jpg

We are here December 14th. We'd popped in earlier and asked for a window seat- which we got!. It was unforgettable eating the best meal of the holiday while watching the main parade at 5 (it was a Sunday) warm and cosy. I've no photo's of the starters-too hungry but they were very good. I had the clam chowder very tasty and creamy. My husband had chilli prawns which he said were very good and we shared ane excellent ceasar salad (I told you we were hungry). For the main course my husband had the T bone steak with Bearnaise sauce. Now we own a restaurant and trust me he knows about food-he said it was an excellent "proper" Bernaise- freshly homemade (while another day he had it at Cafe Mickey which although was quite tasty he could tell it was made in advance rather than on time) . All the vegtables were excellent and cooked to perfection (don't you just hate soggy overcooked veg?) Our son had the "Remy" kids option which he gobbled up (so that speaks for itself). It consisted of a starter of cherry tomatoes, lettuce and carrot sticks. The main course was chicken breast with Hash brown potatoes and mixed fresh veg and for pud with substituted (for no extra cost) the apple puree for icecream.

Just going to try and put a photo in of my main
CNV00029.jpg
This was a really scrummy dish of chicken and mushrooms with Marsala sauce- I'd definetly recommend it! Believe it or not we managed to share a dessert (I can be full to bursting but still eat something sweet!) I found that generally DLP really excels at desserts and this Pecan Pie with orange didn't disappoint!
CNV00031.jpg
. When we go away eating is part of the whole holiday experience for us, we ate at four table service restaurants during our four days (I'll be putting up our experiences at Cafe Mickey, Silver Spur and Auberge soon) and all agreed that for all round service and quality of food Walt's was the clear winner and funnily enough it was the second cheapest. Of all the CM'S during our meals the one who tended us at Walt's gave the best and frendliest service. If ever we make it back to DLP I'll be sure to find out which days Walt's is open to make sure we can eat there again!

Oops got mixed up with all my husbands steaks- the other one he had with Bearnaise sauce which wasn't so good was at the Silver Spur.

I know I always seem to be reviewing this, but we love it and keep going back for more. :goodvibes
We ate here on Tuesday 17 Feb 2009.

I ate from the 37 Euro menu and had foie gras

100_1012Small.jpg

fillet steak with a Cabernet Sauvignon sauce

100_1013Small.jpg

followed by the usual apple crumble.

100_1026Small.jpg

Dtr had the Walts burger from the teen menu.

100_1011Small.jpg

followed by the strawberry milkshake

100_1027Small.jpg

and then a cocktail

100_1025Small.jpg

It was all superb and probably rates up there with my favourite DLRP meals ever. That steak..........mmmmmmmm:love:

We were the last booking for the afternoon at 3.30, so nobody else wanted the table so the waitress left us and the other family in the room to watch the Parade through the windows at 5 o'clock.

We were in the Main St USA room.

100_1022Small.jpg

Still love this place.........we'll be back. :goodvibes

As I uploaded some pictures from Walt's to another thread I also post them here.

The Mainstreet room

Entrance

Adventureland Room

View to Mainstreet from the Mainstreet room

Picture of menu taken outside Walts April 09.

Sorry we didnt eat here so no review or info on what is available on voucher menu.

Copy2ofDSC06011.jpg

Copy2ofDSC06012.jpg

Copy2ofDSC06008.jpg

Copy2ofDSC06009-1.jpg

Copy2ofDSC06010-1.jpg

We ate at Walts just a couple of days ago using half board plus vouchers. Adults were able to choose from the 27 euro menu (see the post from smallworld) plus there was a choice of 2 desserts either the New York Cheescake or the Warm Chocolate Cake (which is to die for :cloud9:)

Although we had an adult voucher for my 12 year old, she chose to eat from the teen menu as it was more to her taste. My 9 year old ate from the kids menu. We all had a soft drink each.

My 12 year old didn't enjoy her food much (think she prefers to choose from a buffet style restaurant) but the rest of us loved it. The fact that we were given a window table looking onto Main Street at Parade time just made it all the more special.

Highly recommended :thumbsup2

We ate at Walts yesterday lunch time for our last meal in the park. I don't know which room we ate in but it was themed like a library, we were laughing at the fake books on fishing techniques and alcohol!
My SO chose from the set menu for 27 euro. He had the goats cheese and grilled vegetable starter which he enjoyed but left a little cheese because "there is only so much goats cheese you can eat"
He chose the steak well done but was surprised how well done it was, he still ate it all though, the waffle fries were so moreish.

I didnt have a starter and went straight for the salmon which was so tasty and beautifully presented with yummy mashed potatoes. I chose the apple crumble with the nicest icecream I have ever tasted-butterscotch.

DS had the childrens meal of mixed raw veg with a dip, chicken and waffle fries and finally the apple/ strawberry puree with biscuits.

2009_06120290.jpg

Unfortunately he was sick at the time so only managed a few mouthfuls but I tried a taste of everything and it was simple and tasty. He did like the mouse shaped plate though.The CM was really friendly and helpful, trying to get DS to eat a little bit more.

All in all it was a very special last meal in the park and we were able to watch Minnies Party Train out the window as we ate.

We ate at Walts at 3.45pm on Thursday 18th June. I had booked in advance and requested a window seat to watch the parade which we were lucky enough to get. The restaurant didn’t seem that busy at this time I suppose it is a strange time to eat but we wanted to see the parade from a different angle. We had half board plus vouchers but neither of us liked the look of the starters included so we decided to eat off the main menu. I chose the salmon and DH the Walts burger. I can honestly say this food wasn’t just the nicest in DLRP but some of the nicest I have had. The salmon was cooked to perfection which came in a lovely buttery sauce, the lemon mashed potato was heavenly and the vegetables were also lovely. DH said the burger was the best he had eaten. We shared the brownie dessert which was gorgeous and I had a non alcoholic Tinkerbell glowing drink which was also nice and the Tinkerbell and cup to take home are great souvenirs. After our shareholders discount and the vouchers there was nothing left to pay. The surroundings in this restaurant are fabulous with each room representing a different land in the park showing different photographs. By moving the table slightly we got a great view of the parade that I filmed and took photos of. You can just about hear the music from outside but music also continues to played in the restaurant. This restaurant will be number 1 on our list for future trips to Disneyland. I urge you all to try this restaurant as you won’t regret it.

We ate at walt´s this Sunday at 6pm. i am sorry but I was so hungry I didn´t think of taking pictures of the food. We were seated at a window in the main Street room. We both had the Caesar salad as starter, which was very good. then we had the filet of beef with jamaican pepper sauce and vegetables. the sauce was very yummy, vegetables were nice but the filet could have been juicier (if that´s a word:confused:). As dessert we had the warm chocolate cake which was heaven, I loved it!
We liked the atmosphere and would eat there again.

We ate here on Wednesday 1st July.

We had made a reservation for 3.45 using the reservation booking line, about a week before our visit. The CM laughed out loud when I told her what time we wanted to eat - she said 'ah, the parade is coming'.

When we arrived, I asked for a window seat if possible, after a few minutes we were given a ticket with our reservation on it and shown upstairs to a window view - lovely.

2009_0701Disney090185.jpg

DH and I ate from the Half board plus menu - we both had caesar salad to start.

2009_0701Disney090186.jpg

I had the Salmon for main course and DH had the chicken. He wasn't too keen on the sauce and said afterwards that he wished he'd had the steak from the main menu. I loved the salmon, the creamy mash potato and veg were delicious - sorry no phots of the mains.

Mark and Abbey both ate from the teen menu, although we did have adult vouchers for them. They both had Walts burger and enjoyed it. Lewis had fish and chips from the kids menu, on a Mickey shaped plate with some veg and dip for starter and jelly for dessert - he didn't touch either of them, but ate all the fish.

DH and I both had New York cheesecake for dessert - yum

2009_0701Disney090187.jpg

Abbey and Mark got a smoothie for their dessert which they both enjoyed.

2009_0701Disney090188.jpg

2009_0701Disney090190.jpg

The parade was lovely, but it was difficult to eat, video and take photos all at the same time!!

We had another round of drinks, and the waiter took all of our vouchers, 4 adult and 1 child, and then returned and said there was nothing more to pay. When I checked the bill, it was for 104 euros - which is the face value of the 4 adult vouchers. I should have asked for the kids voucher back, but as it was our last day, I didn't bother. But with hindsight I wish I had ordered some cocktails or something and added it up better at the time. Oh well, I'll know for the next time.

We did enjoy this restaurant and I loved the theming with lots of photos of Walt. Will definately go here again, it's a great option with the vouchers.

We ate here during our June trip and we were sad that they don’t have the great menu cards anymore. Therefore you now get only a flyer.
But the atmosphere was great as usuall althoght the prices are now much higher than during our last visit in November.

This was my starter the Tomato Tatar

This was my boyfriends starter a great salad

And then we both had Walt’s Gourmet Burger which is finally available again:

The old Burger was a little bit better but this one is also great, but the new Burger don’t has a fried egg on it, therefore you get foie gras which we don’t liked.

From the very start this was the main restaurant I was dining in! I love the theme of it and just had to try it. From walking in to walking up the stairs into the rooms it's just all jaw-dropping!
DisneylandParis2009580-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009579-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009574-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009553-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009549-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009550-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009551-1.jpg

I asked fro a window seat which I got! :cool1: I soon regretted it as it was boiling and the sun was shining in! (my own fault!!)
DisneylandParis2009559-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009567-1.jpg

I had the Caesar salad and DH had the tasting platter,
DisneylandParis2009560-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009561-1.jpg

The starters were very nice but the childrens meals were brought out with our starters. This was the problem with BLue Lagoon too. The childrens meals are brought out on a Mickey head shaped tray with their starter, main and pudding all together. It's hard enought telling the kids to eat all their dinner before pudding without it sitting in front of them.
Our main's had still not arrived when the two children had finished all of their meals. It was very hot and the children had finished colouring in and were now getting bored. When our mains arrived I had the sea bream which was ok but nothing compared to the one at the Blue Lagoon. DH's meal was awful, they sauce had a think layer on the top where it had been standing and the meat was really overcooked after he had askde for it medium. We were considering leaving dessert but as I had wanted to try the cheesecake and we had the vouchers we asked if it could be brought out quickly. We still waited for ages and then just as we were about to ask for the bill the desserts came. When we asked for the bill that too took what seems like forever. I understand that it is during the busy season and we had experienced the other restaurants that had little time delays but this was ridiculous. The bill came to 103 euros so we just paid cash. I'm sorry to say but this has put me off Walts, while my meals were ok the service was awful and DH said his main was awful too. It's such a shame as I've heard so many good reviews :sad2:
DisneylandParis2009562-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009563-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009564-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009565-1.jpg

DisneylandParis2009572-1.jpg

We ate here on Mon 3rd Aug. We had booked at table for 8pm for DH, myself and DD (DS had gone into Paris for the day)

We were seated in the Adventure room with a window seat overlooking the small street where Dapper Dans is.

We asked for our free Kirs with our APs and were also brought some Dorritos and small glasses filled with avocado with pineapple and something else.

DD had the childrens menu and had the set starter of vegetable sticks, the burger (not in a bread roll) with fries and veg and fruit with chocolate dipping sauce. As previously mentioned it all came at once on a Mickey shaped plate. This isnt an issue to us as she just eats it at her own pace (usually the main course first while it is hot then the starter) - we've never had an issue with her wanting to eat the dessert first.

DH and I went for the more expensive of the 2 set menus - 37E I think

We both opted for the tasting platter as starter - it was so delicious. More advocado with prawns, foie gras with cherries and bread with a liqueur taste, parma ham.

We then both had the beef with pepper sauce, potatoes and vegetables - again this was delicious. The beef was cooked to perfection.

As dessert we both had the tasting platter again - an exotic smoothie, a macaroon, a mini creme brulee, new york cheesecake and a chocolate. Again it was delicious.

The whole meal was wonderful and in my opinion that menu would be worth it for a premium voucher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter