Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok - thank you both for responding

Are they available for purchase at the Swan, or at the IG instead?

They are available in the gift shop at Swan. If I remember correctly though, it was just the basic colors they carried.

Does the Swan ship the Magic Bands prior to arrival?
And how much prior if so?
Magic bands aren’t included with your stay at swan as far as I know.

They are available in the gift shop at Swan. If I remember correctly though, it was just the basic colors they carried.
@suzimar57 you can also order them in advance too.

https://www.shopdisney.com/collections/magicband

Magic bands aren't strictly necessary if you're staying at the Swan. You'll still need a room key and won't be able to charge to the room. Guest Services at the park will give you a card (similar to what Passholders have to carry around) to act as your key instead of a magic band. It's really up to you whether the convenience of wearing your ticket is worth the cost of the bands.

On our trip last week, about half of the people we saw were using cards, not bands.

quick trip report ...

We were there 6/23-6/30. Actually, we were only there 6/24-30 because Frontier cancelled our flight. Again. That's three times in a row, so we're done with Frontier. It means using a less convenient airport but I hate doing all of that planning only to miss a day of vacation.

The parks were not crowded at all. Even when there was a line and we didn't have a FP, we noticed most rides weren't running at capacity -- like only running one side of Dinosaur or Pirates or whatever. Raglan Road had empty tables, which I've never seen outside of January. If you can sneak down in August before the SW insanity begins, take advantage of the discounts and go. We had no trouble securing reservations and changing around FPs except for Avatar.

We did the special Illuminations dinner at Rose and Crown and I loved it. The only issue is that they only serve four entrees -- corned beef, bangers and mash, fish and chips, and salmon -- so if you don't like any of those you're out of luck. They did a wonderful job with GF options and DH enjoyed a bevy of black and tans that were included.

ESPN has changed their menu since we were there in April and our favorites were gone. They also got rid of my favorite GF options and the Red Bridge beer. We ended up only ordering appetizers and left disappointed. The waitress sounded like a lot of people were disappointed in the new menu so maybe they'll change it back.

Hurricane Hannah's has a chicken sandwich on pretzel bread on the mobile/private menu that's very good. The new take out place in the Yacht club (in the store to the left of the lobby) is a nice addition and much better than the take out place in the BC. They serve some interesting breakfast sandwiches and paninis for lunch. They can do all of them GF.

We did other things, but those are the closest to the S/D. The new store in the Swan wasn't open yet. The gondolas look almost done and I'm really hoping they don't bugger up International Gateway.

blah blah blah lol ... I think that's it.

The new store in the Swan wasn't open yet.

We just booked Swan for August. Can I ask what new store are you talking about? Is it going to be where Cabana is? Is it a gift shop or more like a grab and go food thing? Finally do you think it will be open by August?

TIA!

It's where the old sundry store was in the Swan lobby across from the front desk, but the sign posted indicates it will also serve food and coffee. It says 'opening this summer' or something like that.

I'm not sure what that means for the Java place near the door to the boardwalk area. They recently added more (and nicer) tables to that area so I'm not sure if that means it will stay or not after the new store opens.

It's where the old sundry store was in the Swan lobby across from the front desk, but the sign posted indicates it will also serve food and coffee. It says 'opening this summer' or something like that.

I'm not sure what that means for the Java place near the door to the boardwalk area. They recently added more (and nicer) tables to that area so I'm not sure if that means it will stay or not after the new store opens.

Thank you very much for the response. I'm hoping it'll be open for August 4th. This will be our first stay at the Swan and we are very excited.

If the store isn't open yet when you visit, you can still get coffee and light snacks in the Swan lobby at the Java place (sorry, blanking on the full name). It's also very easy to walk across to the Dolphin and pick up food there or walk over to the Boardwalk and grab food at the Bakery or other take out places. (Bakery is open for B, L & D but the other places are only open for L & D) You can also grab food all day from the Yacht club place I mentioned -- walk into the Yacht club entrance right before the pool area begins and head left in the lobby. The Ale and Compass restaurant there is great as well, as is the Crew Cup lounge for a light meal.

Note: not dissing the S/D places, only commenting on the other places that are very easy to walk to from the Swan. It's easy to walk over to the Boardwalk for a quick breakfast in the morning and then hop on a park bus at the Boardwalk to save time (walk up the big concrete steps from the boardwalk and head left at the top -- no need to go inside the hotel). I like eating at the outside tables on the boardwalk in the morning.

Last edited:
Ok, I have a question. Do you still get morning extra magic hours for both check in and check out like at regular Disney resorts. Also can you check in early morning and leave your bags there and get an early start? I know at Universal hotels you can check in at like 6 am even though your room won’t be ready until that afternoon.

Ok, I have a question. Do you still get morning extra magic hours for both check in and check out like at regular Disney resorts. Also can you check in early morning and leave your bags there and get an early start? I know at Universal hotels you can check in at like 6 am even though your room won’t be ready until that afternoon.
Yes, and yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter