• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a premium studio at the Dolphin booked in August- first time in a studio! Can someone tell me where these are located and what would be a good location/view to request? (yes I know its only a request:) )

I am fairly familiar with the Dolphin but only stayed in a traditional room or an alcove room.

TIA !

I’m coming up on my third stay at the Swan since 2016. Each trip, I called the resort’s Reservations department a couple of weeks before my FP+ date and asked them to give me a reservation number that would be recognized by MDE. Each time, they gave me a completely different number that worked perfectly with MDE. :)

No real worries @Nermel9, as @JerseyJanice posted above you just need to call Starwood to get their confirmation number. The one you receive initially from any "third party" is not compatible with the MDE system. You just call the local reservation number at 407-934-4000 or by using the 800 number: 1-888-828-8850.

Don't worry about mentioning Orbitz, AAA, or any other company name. Just provide your last name and the dates of your stay and ask to confirm your reservation and request their "Confirmation" number and they should just lookup your reservation with that information and they can provide you with their "Confirmation" number that you will then be able to enter into MDE to link your reservation to the Disney system. You just want to get this done before the 60 booking window for FP+ to maximize your FP+ experience.

Another option is to try the SPG Web page to lookup your own reservation, just make sure to use your credit card for the search since the confirmation number provided by any third party like Orbtiz or AAA will not be valid in the SPG system.

Link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/reservations/index.html

Dave

Thanks guys, that is super helpful! I don't know why, but I'm really nervous about booking the Dolphin for some reason, I think a lot of it is being afraid of something going wrong with making FP's! But this helps, and makes me want to book the Dolphin a little more now!

I had no idea the Dolphin has studio rooms. Glad to hear about it and hoping to know more, see photos, etc. thanks!

Thanks guys, that is super helpful! I don't know why, but I'm really nervous about booking the Dolphin for some reason, I think a lot of it is being afraid of something going wrong with making FP's! But this helps, and makes me want to book the Dolphin a little more now!
I plan on booking directly(online) with Starwood, will I'll be able to use the confirmation number that is generated to link my reservation on WDW site or do I need to call resort directly to obtain res# ?

Are there just regular chairs and umbrellas to use? We plan to hit the pool two mornings on our trip (later this week!). I'd like to be able to get out of the sun but not rent a cabana.
one thing I LOVE about the pools area is the wonderful shade choices everywhere...... it's so well landscaped! Lots of palm trees etc and very well set up. I'd never need an actual cabana to find shade IMHO.

When we stayed at the Dolphin in 2008, we were on the fourth floor of the East Wing.

The walk between the elevator—and it had to be the East elevator—and the room was a labyrinth of hallways that seemed to go on for miles. You’d be turning a corner and thinking, “OK. There’s my room (the elevator),” but not yet. It’s another hallway.

“It has to be after this last turn,” went through my mind multiple times during a 5 night stay.

That is one reason I prefer the Swan. No trick hallways over there. LOL!

ETA: The fireworks on that side of the building are the high tones in Illuminations.
this was us on our last trip lol.... east elevator room 8001...an odd little corner room...SOOOOOO far from elevator! but it had excellent view day and night so no complaints! as far as high floor view vs. patio? I have to choose patio,we did a Swan stay with a balcony...I LOVED sitting out and watching boats go by....why can't I just live at Swolphin?:sad:

No need to be nervous about booking the Swan or Dolphin. Once your reservation is linked in MDE, everything relating to FP+ is in the Disney control space for any issues or problem. Just make sure to link your reservation before the 60 FP+ booking window opens along with any tickets that you may be using or purchased.

I plan on booking directly(online) with Starwood, will I'll be able to use the confirmation number that is generated to link my reservation on WDW site or do I need to call resort directly to obtain res# ?
Yes, exact same confirmation number on SPG and from the resort. No need to call the resort.

The conversion / alternate confirmation or reservation numbers are only needed for third party bookings like Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz.

Dave

I thought we could book 350 days out now...why won't spg allow me to make a booking for 4/30/219? I only see thru 4/27/2019 right now

one thing I LOVE about the pools area is the wonderful shade choices everywhere...... it's so well landscaped! Lots of palm trees etc and very well set up. I'd never need an actual cabana to find shade IMHO.

We are back from our stay and we had no trouble getting an umbrella in the morning. When we went to the pool in the afternoon we really went just to swim and cool off but did find a couple of chairs in the shade of the trees at the Dolphin lap pool. I agree that I would not pay the $ to rent a cabana but they did look nice and we saw lots of large family groups (with babies and grandparents) enjoying them.

I thought we could book 350 days out now...why won't spg allow me to make a booking for 4/30/219? I only see thru 4/27/2019 right now
Because you are more than 350 days plus buffer away from April 30, 2019. Today is day 129 with 236 days left in 2018 and April 30, 2019 is day 120 of 2019. So adding 236 + 120 = 356, you are almost there...

Dave

You are both correct. You CAN NOT cancel a confirmed DVR rental reservation. However the poster must have had a pending request that had not been "matched" or completed so would only lose the $112 initial partial payment or had very good Travel Insurance. Here is the relevant quote from David's site:

Cancellation Policy
Due to the complexity of the point system and the fact that Owners may have to bank or borrow points in order to secure your reservation, cancellations, upgrades and date modifications are not permitted. The lead guest name must also remain the same due to a rental agreement between the guest and the owner, however, you are permitted to add or delete the additional guests listed in the room with you.

You may want explore the possibilities of adding Travel Insurance to protect yourself against unexpected situations. I do not provide this insurance, but you can obtain a very reasonable quote here: Travel Insurance Quote

The $112 part payment is only refunded if we cannot secure your reservation request. This is the only time a refund will be granted.

source: https://www.dvcrequest.com/cancellation-policy.asp

Dave
I wonder if the OP had the trip insurance. I usually don't look into it, assuming the cost of it will negate the savings gained from booking through David's. If it is reasonably priced however.. well, it may pay off to cancel and switch to another offer/venue. Curious if anyone knows the cost of insurance?

No need to be nervous about booking the Swan or Dolphin. Once your reservation is linked in MDE, everything relating to FP+ is in the Disney control space for any issues or problem. Just make sure to link your reservation before the 60 FP+ booking window opens along with any tickets that you may be using or purchased.

Yes, exact same confirmation number on SPG and from the resort. No need to call the resort.

The conversion / alternate confirmation or reservation numbers are only needed for third party bookings like Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz.

Dave
Thank you :thumbsup2

We have a premium studio at the Dolphin booked in August- first time in a studio! Can someone tell me where these are located and what would be a good location/view to request? (yes I know its only a request:) )

I am fairly familiar with the Dolphin but only stayed in a traditional room or an alcove room.

TIA !

Just bumping one last time- does anyone know if the studio rooms are located in a certain area of the building?

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter