Walt Disney World Handicap Parking Areas at Parks and Resorts.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Walt Disney World Handicap Parking Areas at Parks and Resorts.

I don't own a car. And when I stay at Walt Disney World I like to use both the Disney Magical Express bus from the airport and the on-property bus, water taxis, monorail, Skyliner gondola, and sidewalks.

There has been a lot of construction to the parking areas and the front of the theme parks.

When I go back to Walt Disney World in December 2021, I'll try and take Park and Resort Handicap Parking Areas.

It appears except for a new sidewalk the Magic Kingdom's parking area is in the same area. I like the newer complimentary wheelchair area next to the slightly wider sidewalk with a new fence to separate the trams from the sidewalk. The Disney Ticket and Transportation Center is updated with the Security area and Disney Tram drop-off.

I like the newer Disney Hollywood Studio new bus, bathroom, Skyliner, Handicap Parking, and tram Area.

I have never seen the EPCOT Handicap Parking Area. I know they are changing the tram drop-off and security area

I have never seen the Animal Kingdom Handicap Parking Area. I know they are changing the tram drop-off and security area.

I would like to see the before and after maps and photos.

Here are four aerial photos from a few years ago.

This is an older aerial photo because AAA no longer has a contract for parking ant area in now called Preferred Parking. The MK handicap parking lot is located in the Transportation and Ticketing Center Disney hub where for those who drive to reach Magic Kingdom via monorail or ferryboat. There are approximately only 172 handicapped parking spaces. This lot fills up quickly.

This is an older aerial photo This Disney’s Animal Kingdom lot contains approximately 244 spaces. As overflow park in the RV parking first, as the AAA Diamond parking also fills up quickly.

This is an older aerial photo. Epcot has two lots, east (approximately 115) and west (about 107).

This is a newer Google aerial photo. Disney’s Hollywood Studios handicapped parking lot only has around 140 spaces.

My Disney Experience maps - 08-09-2020

But there was no designation for handicapped parking so I guessed until I actually see them in December.

Thank you, Walt4ever. Excellent Tips.

Disney Springs has always been never enough but has much more availability...
They are somewhat taken over by the temperature screenings but still have availability.

Epcot is the first couple rows, equivalent to the "preferred".

If you have a hang tag, they will wave you to keep going straight, where everyone else is turning into the parking rows.

MK is closest to the front, just before the dip that goes under the roadway. You do still have to traverse the dip, and as always up, up, up to the security perimeter.

AK is up near the tram location, same place as guest dropoff. HS is up where the bus dropoff is.

For all, follow the blue line on the pavement and make sure your hang tag is hanging.

If you only have a rear license plate, follow the blue line on the pavement and when you get to the CM, roll the window down to tell them you have a plate, or to simplify things, print out a handicap symbol on a sheet of paper you can put on the dash, maybe with "rear plate" so they know you aren't just making your own placard...

In July, August, and September 2020, only Epcot had a CM in the lot directing traffic for handicapped. The other 3 just had the signs.

Historically, MK usually does not, AK and HS do, but since they've redone everything about a year ago, HS moved the handicapped turn up by the pay booths, so no CM. Just follow the blue line on the pavement and watch for signs directing you.

And by all means, if you have a placard/plate, do NOT pay for preferred parking! It does NOT get you any advantages over handicapped.

Future spot for updated aerial maps when construction completed and when Google updates their maps.

Future spot for photos at the resorts

Attachments

• 1597035761883.png
    1597035761883.png
    820.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 1597039338442.png
    1597039338442.png
    752.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Future spot for updated aerial maps when construction completed and when Google updates their maps.

Disney Animal Kingdom photo of front park construction - 05-22-2020
AK Handicap Parkin on right with Tram construction on other side of the fence. New Security area to the right of the gift shop. Bus drop-off on left with construction fenced. Waiting for new completed photos.

AK bioreconstruct - July 3, 2020

Last edited:

Just a note that some of the maps and text reference "AAA Diamond Parking" but I those are now the Premium (additional cost) parking lots. WDW dropped the AAA connection a few years ago (no parking, no room discounts, no lounges, very rare ticket deals except in some southern states, etc.).

View attachment 517065

Disney Animal Kingdom photo of front park construction - 05-22-2020
AK Handicap Parkin on right with Tram construction on other side of the fence. New Security area to the right of the gift shop. Bus drop-off on left with construction fenced. Waiting for new completed photos.
Construction is now complete in Animal Kingdon parking lot.

Just a note that some of the maps and text reference "AAA Diamond Parking" but I those are now the Premium (additional cost) parking lots. WDW dropped the AAA connection a few years ago (no parking, no room discounts, no lounges, very rare ticket deals except in some southern states, etc.).

Thank you, those first photos were made several years ago when AAA was valid. I'm using them to compare to newer photos like DHS.

Last edited:
I can tell you it didn't take any of the parking spaces. Temperature check and security are right accross from the 1st row of handicap.

I can tell you it didn't take any of the parking spaces.

I found this July photo of AK.

The new Security check-in building on the left in a new space. The AK Gift Shop hidden by the trees at this view angle.

The bus drop-off on the right.

Did they move the Tram Drop-off pavement?

So they didn't have to cut off any of the Handicap Parking spaces during constructon located at top?

Temperature check and security are right across from the 1st row of handicap.

I wonder what that looks like know?

Thank you, Michican.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter