Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No dates.

Universal Exec said they hope to open "sooner rather than later"

That's about it.
June 1st seems to be the date I see thrown out there, but that also could be because of when disney is first accepting reservations. Also could be sometime in May on letting Florida residents in as they don't necessarily need to stay on property which is another option, which also makes a lot of sense to start testing.

I mean, I know that is the type of thing he has to say, but at the same time, what else could he say? "I really hope this drags on as long as possible and we don't open any time soon"?
He could say something along the lines of "I am hopeful we can open soon, but we will open when it is safe to do so". Not exact wording obviously, but you would expect any exec in that position to make it clear they are at least somewhat focused on safety.

This falls into the category of "For what it's worth". Our regional convention coordinator just emailed us about our June 20-24 convention. The Disney convention coordinator told her our convention was still scheduled, and "could" be part of a "soft" opening for some groups rather than the general public. The Disney coordinator said they were implementing ways to socially distance during the conventions (smh!) Our coordinator said we were contractually obligated to have the convention if Disney was open, so all plans should proceed. If for some reason only the hotels are open, and not the parks, lots of families will be terribly upset. I have purchased 3 four-day park hopper tickets. The convention is scheduled to be held at the Boardwalk Inn, and includes a fireworks dessert party at Epcot, a reception featuring Mickey and Minnie, and a banquet in one of the parks. These are events we have paid for, but we shall see.

This falls into the category of "For what it's worth". Our regional convention coordinator just emailed us about our June 20-24 convention. The Disney convention coordinator told her our convention was still scheduled, and "could" be part of a "soft" opening for some groups rather than the general public. The Disney coordinator said they were implementing ways to socially distance during the conventions (smh!) Our coordinator said we were contractually obligated to have the convention if Disney was open, so all plans should proceed. If for some reason only the hotels are open, and not the parks, lots of families will be terribly upset. I have purchased 3 four-day park hopper tickets. The convention is scheduled to be held at the Boardwalk Inn, and includes a fireworks dessert party at Epcot, a reception featuring Mickey and Minnie, and a banquet in one of the parks. These are events we have paid for, but we shall see.
Totally could see a limited soft open happen in late June, would make a lot of sense

I have a friend going to a convention at YC around the same time (not sure of the dates, we were just talking about this over a lunch call and she said "kinda late June"), and what she said it sounded like they are testing out having conventions back but it sounded like that was after already having the resorts open. Kinda like just have regular guests come in at first without conventions, but then a few weeks later have some conventions return which would increase crowd level. She knows I have a trip in July so she keeps me posted on if they have canceled her convention, so my fingers are still crossed still that this is a good sign.

I have a friend going to a convention at YC around the same time (not sure of the dates, we were just talking about this over a lunch call and she said "kinda late June"), and what she said it sounded like they are testing out having conventions back but it sounded like that was after already having the resorts open. Kinda like just have regular guests come in at first without conventions, but then a few weeks later have some conventions return which would increase crowd level. She knows I have a trip in July so she keeps me posted on if they have canceled her convention, so my fingers are still crossed still that this is a good sign.
The idea of conventions - with crowds traveling from all over, milling together, then traveling back, starting this soon is, quite frankly, horrific. I am exhausted from dealing with this virus at the hospital. I worked 86 hours last week. We are FINALLY seeing some light. And this is going to send us back into a second spike. If someone isn't from a hotspot, they have the luxury of not seeing how horrific it is. But there is absolutely no reason their location won't become a hotspot next if we are turning Disney into some COVID stew and everyone takes a spoonful.

The idea of conventions - with crowds traveling from all over, milling together, then traveling back, starting this soon is, quite frankly, horrific. I am exhausted from dealing with this virus at the hospital. I worked 86 hours last week. We are FINALLY seeing some light. And this is going to send us back into a second spike. If someone isn't from a hotspot, they have the luxury of not seeing how horrific it is. But there is absolutely no reason their location won't become a hotspot next if we are turning Disney into some COVID stew and everyone takes a spoonful.
Yeah this is crazy to me. But I guess it would be a small enough group if there is no one else in the parks yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter