Walmart Return Policy. Ugh!

I returned 2 gifts to WM, one with a gift receipt and one with no receipt.

They were both handled the same way, full refund on WM gift card.

I was a little miffed I could not get cash on the item with the gift receipt but they said no:confused3. Don't see what good it does to even have a gift receipt from there?:confused3

Did you pay with cash originally for the item you had a gift receipt for?

I was a little miffed I could not get cash on the item with the gift receipt but they said no:confused3. Don't see what good it does to even have a gift receipt from there?:confused3

Why is that confusing? Gift receipts give you gift cards. Original receipts give you back the money as originally purchased.

Thanks for the link to their holiday return policy. I bought my DD a tablet from there and it's awful. Returning this week.

We also avoid WM like the plague. After fighting the crowd in there to use my gift card, I return to my car to find 3shopping carts perched on the little grass island next to my car!!! Any one of them could have rolled off and hit my car:furious: In about 20 seconds or less, I removed them all and walked them over about 10 steps to the cart corral!!! Gave them a really hard shove in there and it felt good! Can't believe even one person could be so lazy, much less 3 people in about 30 minutes!!!

Gift receipts are use to preserve the amount paid, otherwise you get back the lowest price the item was sold at.

If you used the original receipt you get the "money" back the same way it was paid. If your mom used her CC then she gets a refund back to her credit card.

Why is that confusing? Gift receipts give you gift cards. Original receipts give you back the money as originally purchased.

I was comparing a return with a gift receipt and a return with NO receipt....both handled same way...what's the point of the gift receipt?

Gift receipts are use to preserve the amount paid, otherwise you get back the lowest price the item was sold at.

If you used the original receipt you get the "money" back the same way it was paid. If your mom used her CC then she gets a refund back to her credit card.

I guess this makes sense but I happen to know both items paid for with cash. I can understand getting a gift card if no receipt but they should be able to tell cash was paid originally by looking at the gift receipt??

It was a gift I received, I did not buy it

Oh I thought that is why you expected to get cash back. A gift receipt is like store credit for the item, you aren't going to get an actual refund for it.

I guess this makes sense but I happen to know both items paid for with cash. I can understand getting a gift card if no receipt but they should be able to tell cash was paid originally by looking at the gift receipt??

They don't want to lose the money though. ;)

I think that is the policy with gift receipts pretty much everywhere. I worked in several retail places and exchange or store credit was always the policy with gift receipts.

Thank you for posting the extended return policy, we are also returning a Nabi tablet we got for DD. I had no idea they were so horrible with returns.

I was comparing a return with a gift receipt and a return with NO receipt....both handled same way...what's the point of the gift receipt?

The gift receipt ensures that you get the price that was paid. Without a receipt, you will get the lowest price for that item in the last few months.

That is Target's policy just as Walmart has a limit on returns without receipts as well. Target gives gift receipts to help keep you from running into situations like this.

So Targets policy is that you can do two returns a year without a receipt?? Is this new? I actually thought you couldnt do any returns at Target without a receipt.

So Targets policy is that you can do two returns a year without a receipt?? Is this new? I actually thought you couldnt do any returns at Target without a receipt.

Nope. Target changed their policy several years ago. It was particularly a pain in the butt when the kids were younger and received birthday gifts without gift receipts. I would send my husband in to make the return if I had more than two in a year (which happened frequently since we have three kids). I do like that if you don't have your receipt but do know which credit card was used to purchase the item, they will give you a refund after finding your transaction with your card. LOVE it! Kohl's does it also and it's fantastic! I wish other stores would be able to do that!

I think there's a monetary limit on how much per year though. $75 or $70? I had to do a receipt-less return at Target yesterday and I was really impressed with how easy it was.

I bought DS an Ipad on Black Friday. Gave it to him for Xmas and he doesn't really want it so I was going to return it.
I can't even though it is unopened and I have the receipt. Their policy is 15 days on electronics.
There should be a GIANT sign in electronics about this policy.
Needless to say, no more purchases in that department.

Ask for a manager. I swear our customer service people at our Walmart are not even trained and have 0 common sense.

I did not purchase one item at WalMart this Christmas! Our close one closed for remodeling when a new Super WM opened across town and I truly hate it! Same crabby unhelpful employees and a super slippery hard to walk on polished concrete floor! I don't care if I ever go back there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter