Wallet Size Birth Certificate ??

FabFivePA

Mouseketeer
I ordered my BC from the state I was born and they sent me a wallet sized one. (business card size)

It is NOT a laminated one. It is on watermarked paper, with a raised notary stamp. It states it is a state document and that it is from Vital Records.

The only information that I can tell that is really missing is my parents' names.
Otherwise it seems the same info that would be on a letter-sized BC would be there. (name, dob, registration date, city of birth, gender)

I called DCL and they said it would be fine as long as it is from an official source and has the seal, but he didn't sound extraordinarily confident as I don't think he was familiar with what I was describing.

So just simply looking to hear from others that have successfully or unsuccesfully cruised on DCL recently with one of these. Thanks so much!

Go to the Post Office closest to your house that issues Passports. They will be able to tell you if it is acceptable for a Passport. If it's acceptable for a Passport, it's acceptable for a cruise.

I dealt with having to authenticate Birth Certificates for Little League, (after the Danny Almonte fiasco in 2001), and frankly, it was a huge pain. Basically we were told, raised seal, or on engraved paper were a requirement for Little League, wallet sized were worthless. But there is no universal rule that states follow, so it is possible that some states now issue wallet sized birth certificates that are acceptable.

Slightly off topic, but during my Little League board member years, I was amazed how poorly some people treated a document as important as a birth certificate. Some folks didn't know where their's was, and I had one that the child and drawn on the back with crayon like a piece of scratch paper.
Some folks had never gotten one. Not sure how they enrolled their children in school without one. And then there are the foreign Birth Certificates......, I don't speak Japanese or Arabic, but had to try and authenticate B/C's from those nations.......the security features on both were far more sophisticated than any U.S. birth certificate I've ever seen, I just had to find the name and birth date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter