Walking to EP from YC - Park Strategies

aprilbabes

Mouseketeer
We’ll be staying at Yacht club for the first time in April. I know it’s a quick walk to Epcot but you enter trough WS.
I’m assuming that entrance opens exactly at park opening time as the main entrance does, correct? I guess I was hoping it was a few minutes earlier since all the main rides are in the other side of the park.
I was going to jump on a TT or Soarin, maybe even Frozen and save fastpasses for a little later in morning but if I have to walk the entire park before getting to any good rides it prob isn’t the beat idea. Just wondering what everyone’s experience has been. TIA!

If you're worried about beating the crowd to the rides, you should be ok. They are all a bit of a distance from the main gate as well.

If you're worried about the distance and having to "run" across the park to get there, then maybe just take it easy. You can probably still get a shorter line than you would later in the day with a more leisurely walking pace.

We once walked onto Soarin' late at night right before the park closed. It was end of May/beginning of June, crowded during the day. I think we went out to eat and then said "let's pop over to Soarin'". No line! I'm not saying that will happen every time, but sometimes you get lucky.

We've done Soarin' RD from the IG entrance and had very little wait for the ride. We really weren't far behind the FW RD crowd. You will be pretty equidistant to FEA, so perhaps RD that.

We entered from the IG in January 2018 and walked over to TT. The majority of the rope drop crowd appeared to head to FEA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter