Walking to DD from Royal Plaza hotel

disneyfantoo

Earning My Ears
Hi all - I just got the chance to go along with a relative that is going to a convention in May and staying at the Royal Plaza - I have an AP so I thought this would be a great chance to get some extra life out of it. - My only concern is that we will not have a car and I have heard different things about the transportation at this hotel so I was wondering if I could walk to DD - I could use disney transportation - anyone know how long a walk that would be?? Would it be safe at night if I was alone?? any feedback will be helpful
thanks
cj

I stay at the royal plaza in Feb and we walked to dd everyday it is only maybe less than ten minutes, and you just walk through the marriot parking lot and the hilton and you acroos the road and you are there. I was with my sisters and felt safe , but at night i don't know,i didn't try it. The bus at night, ran about every 20 minutes from the bus stop, not by the disney buses but at alittle shed like building across from the entrance to pleasure Island and if you see a green wall, walk through that parking lot and the bus stop is there.look for that small shed.it has a light on it at night.

Mrsmom
royal plaza 2001
westgate lakes 2000
holiday Inn sunspree 1998
allstar resort 1995

Thanks for your reply and your info - I appreciate it and feel much better about staying at this hotel now -

cj :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter