walking from parks to doubletree after dark

valleygirl

Mouseketeer
I'll be visiting Universal solo in September and staying at the Doubletree on Major Blvd. I plan on walking to the parks and was wondering how safe it is to walk back to the hotel after dark. Are the paths well-travelled and well-lit after park closure or would I be better off taking an Uber? Thanks for any info.

I'll be visiting Universal solo in September and staying at the Doubletree on Major Blvd. I plan on walking to the parks and was wondering how safe it is to walk back to the hotel after dark. Are the paths well-travelled and well-lit after park closure or would I be better off taking an Uber? Thanks for any info.
I've only walked it in the daytime, but it is a major road with not much in the way of businesses along it (portofino Bay on the left and the parking garage on the right). I would feel OK walking it at night, and there will probably be others doing the same.

I did a solo trip at the beginning of March this year and also had similar concerns about walking back and forth from the Rosen Inn on I-Drive which is just down the road from Surfside Inn.

Anyhoo my concerns were unfounded, it was well lit at night, and I had no problems with the crosswalks, I'm staying at the same Rosen in October, but on my night time journeys back will sneakily make use of the Surfside Inn shuttles!

Walked it several times as 2 women. It is well lit and I don't think we were ever alone, even an hour or more after park close. Having a break for dinner at City Walk was also helpful to recharge for the walk after a full park day - not that the walk is all that long.

We drove, but saw plenty of folks walking when we stayed on Major Drive. We didn't stay at Doubletree, but we sure saw the shared shuttle bus go by many times! I think you'll have that option as well if you don't feel like walking. I'm sure a taxi or uber also wouldn't cost much.

I walk back to a nearby hotel after dark in the fall/winter. I usually leave at park closing and there’s always been families and other groups going the same way. Never tried it later than 6:00-7:00.

Staying at DT in September, won't be walking alone (or be sober enough to get scared :P ). How long does it REALLY take to walk from front door of DT to security?

I'd estimate 10-15min, depending obviously on walking speed and such. And how long you may have to wait at that big crosswalk (eventually to become a bridge). Never timed it. Probably closer to 10min at a nice adult pace.

The other bonus is that the end of the path is the valet entrance - ie, nearly empty security lines!

Ali1988, my husband and I stayed at DT in April of 18. He has MS and uses a cane, I’ve had about 5 knee surgeries. We walked from DT to Citywalk in about 11-12 minutes. It’s a very nice walk and well lit. There are always people out in that area so it’s not like a scene from Halloween when you are walking all alone down a desolate sidewalk...you hear a noise...then 😳! Well, you get the idea I’m sure (sorry, too many horror films as a child). 😆. I hope you have a great time. We will be there in 29 days. Woohooo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!