Walkers Wanna Compare Notes??

Wow, Robert you did have alot to digest after that office visit. I hate orthopedic nursing so I never keep up with all those new things they are doing in that field. That is remarkable what they will be able to do to fix your defect. Good luck to you and keep us all posted. PD to you.pixiedust:

Dave--- I didn't realize that you were having a problem with you achilles. So sending you some PD also. pixiedust:

Kim--- I'm sure you will do great doing the full. Keep the snow.

Connie--- Hope you can join us in Jan.

Nancy

Robert-Best of luck with the continued recovery, the surgery, the recovery, the surgery and the recovery. If there is a men's night out at marathon weekend again, maybe in addition to drinking, burping and other gasious releasing, we can also compare scars and share surgery stories. How manly would that be. :confused3 Sure is great to be getting "older" isn't it.

Happy B-Day Bill:cheer2:

I now have 3 scars on my knee. 1 on each side and one on the bottom. Almost a smily face:lmao: Now I will have a really big one on the knee and one on my shin. These can go with the ones I have on each Achilles and one on my right little finger. That would give me a total of 8. Top that:sad2:

I had to take 5 years off between tearing my Achilles in 01 and Goofy 06(surgeries on both in 03). I know how it feels and it sucks but don't want the ramifications if I am stupid. I wil work very hard(and along Dr & PT guidelines) to minimize recovery time. I want to be up and around as soon as safely possible. You never know how things go. I might recover faster and can go and have fun. I will probably enter all the races and just do whatever I can at that time level. Planning to quit or get cut. Half the fun is joining in and starting. At least I will finish faster than normal:laughing:

Dave: rest!!! Goofy was tough and your body needs recovery time. Do non impact pool work. I would hate this to bother you long term.

Kim: Keep this stuff in the Great White North:thumbsup2

Thanks again to all for the PD:grouphug:

Funny, the thing I feat the most in second surgey is the IV. I hate needles and warned nurse that even though have great veins, people have issues giving me IV. Once was stuck 4 times and dropped blood pressure so low, DR delayed surgery 1 1/2 hrs. The nurse last week missed on 1st attempt and second (and successful) IV really hurt more than surgery. I hope goes better next month(did I say next month :scared1: )

Robert so sorry to hear that you will be out of commision for awhile, that is alot to take in at one appointment, lots of hugs and PD coming your way:hug: :hug: :wizard: :wizard: Are you and Linda still planning on coming to Disney for marathon weekend?

Dave, take care with your injuries as well, goofy wasn't that long ago, take the time to heal properly.

Hi everyone

Robert so sorry to hear that you will be out of commision for awhile, that is alot to take in at one appointment, lots of hugs and PD coming your way:hug: :hug: :wizard: :wizard: Are you and Linda still planning on coming to Disney for marathon weekend?

We will be at DL for the 1/2, WDW for ToT( & F&W), and the Marathon Weekend. I will do shorter races and Linda will proably do all of our originally scheduled races.

Got to see all of our friends. The races are just excuses to go to WDW:cool1:

Robert- WOW, I go away a couple of days and now this! :) I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery just speeds by! Before you know it, you'll be back on your feet (and knee) doing all the DISNEY races again! Take care!

Hi to everybody else!

Robert - Wow, that really is a lot to take in during one appt. Sending best wishes and PD for speedy recovery!

Robert, thanks for the update. We are all sending out lots of PD for your full and complete recovery!

Oh dear! Robert, what a mess and a long road to endure until you can start up again.

I'm not worried about needles I just have lousy veins. A nurse that was drawing my blood once told me to make a fist and then turn just my hand not my arm about a 1/4 of a turn and lo & behold needle went in perfectly. It's worth a try. Trust me, they usually have to use the butterfly on me and that's after about 4 tries.

Good luck, sending you pixie dust!

denise

Just popping in to say "hi," and to send PD to everyone! pixiedust:

Bill: Happy birthday--what a cause for celebration! I hope you're having a great time! :cake:

Dave: I hope you take care of yourself & give your achilles time to heal. We need you healthy! :flower3:

Robert: Wow, that's a lot of news to process. I hope the insurance thing works out, even if it upsets your plans. I think you're right to look to the long term. :hug:

To everyone else: I seldom post here, but I read your posts with some regularity & recommend this thread to as many people as I think would benefit from your wisdom and/or enjoy your humor. I appreciate both.

Yikes Robert, you have been through so much since I saw you in EPCOT two weeks ago. May I just say, I feel you have made a wise decision. My father was bone on bone and endured more pain than anyone should have to. He was too old for the options that are available now but I know it would have made a huge difference to his quality of life. I wish you well.

Barbara

Hi guys, I can't believe how fast the WISH site is moving, go to work and come home to 28 messages and emails. It's wonderful to see some new faces on here now, we are growing.

I hope everyone enjoys the new game but more important I hope everyone improves their fitness level this year. Robert you're a heck of a walker already I won't be able to keep up with you with healthy knees and shins. I guess I better eat my Wheaties.

Hi pretty princesses, how is everyone doing?

Scott and Bill y'all get any snow from this storm that crossing the nation? We missed it all just got some wind and a little blowing snow, never did stick.

The new soft work shoes really made a difference, they didn't hurt my achillies the way the dress shoes did.:cloud9:

Recovering Panda:hippie:

Dave: Take care of yourself:sick:

Everyone have a great weekend. We will be doing some walking while doing condo shopping. Already have an accepted offer on one. Haven't seen it yet so hope we like it. If not we will buy another by Monday. Hard to believe we will pay more for one at Sac than the one we still own at the Lake:confused3 . Market is still soft in Sac as we will purchase the condo $60000 less than the listed 3 months ago:scared1:

Dave: Take care of yourself:sick:

Everyone have a great weekend. We will be doing some walking while doing condo shopping. Already have an accepted offer on one. Haven't seen it yet so hope we like it. If not we will buy another by Monday. Hard to believe we will pay more for one at Sac than the one we still own at the Lake:confused3 . Market is still soft in Sac as we will purchase the condo $60000 less than the listed 3 months ago:scared1:

Wow Robert, you can buy a small around here for $60,000. The average house is in the $100,000 range with a big lot.

I'm heading off to the pool again for a workout. I'll try walking again monday. I tried last monday and 4 brisk miles left me sore and limping.

We are all of 24 degrees today, come on spring.

Margie and anyone else with the flu, get well, that's no fun at all. I haven't had even a cold for several years, when I smoked I would get a couple of bad colds every year. Maybe there is a connection there?

Everyone have an awesome day.:love:

Happy Panda:hippie:

Howdy Happy Wish Team!!!

Today is a rest day for me! I get to go shopping for SuperBowl food and regular food, too! :happytv: Love the commercials! I think I will get my Bike out and see if I need to tune it up or anything. Those triathlete people, in the game have me wanting to make some extra miles for the team!! Probably wouldn't hurt to have that extra cross training, either! :goodvibes

Morning everyone. Just back from the gym. Took an ABs class, 5 miles on TM, and to help with miles got on the recumbent bike and did 5 miles. Gosh I wish I could walk as fast as those bike miles went. Connie I agree it will make me cross train more than I usually do. I am trying to do more classes to help with strength building and core. I've taken them in the past but all that training for the marathon, something had to go and it was those classes. So my goal this year is to do at least 2 of them at week.

Robert--- Happy Condo hunting.

Dave---Glad the new shoes are working out for you. I need to get some new ones for work since my feet seem to have outgrown my old shoes. I've mostly been wearing Crocs since we got back from Disney. Make me instyle with everyone else at the hospital.

Time to read the other threads.

Nancy

Damn gopher saw his shadow and 6 more weeks of winter :cold:

http://www.groundhog.org/prediction/

We are about to srive 100 miles through it :sad2:

I tried to have the darn groundhog replaced with the weather possum but it never caught on.

I'm sure ready for spring, hummm warm "Let's go to Disney World"!!!

Nancy, dang princess you are cooking on the miles and the hours, glad o see you getting the steps in, but Darlin, as soon as I'm healed up the whippins will begin. Is Jeanne making you do extra stuff? Bad Jeanne.

Kim, hello, northern princess, are you guys frozen up there?

Margie, you feeling better today? At least you didn't get anymore snow.

Scott and Lynn, at least you guys have a dog sled team if you need to go to the market.

Robert and Linda, happy home hunting.

Bill, are you walking or talking, get your carcuss out there and get stepping.

Connie, are you keeping the team all tallied? You are an awesome captain.

Everyone I missed have a strong day.

Competition Panda:hippie:

Bill, are you walking or talking, get your carcuss out there and get stepping.

Got in 1.52 miles in a little over 32 minutes this AM. Back tightened up a little nearing the end, so I have to keep working on that. Plan to do some kind of core work tonight. So there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter