Walkers Wanna Compare Notes??

Why is it so much harder to walk on the treadmill than outside? Because of 40+ mph wind today, I did my walking on the treadmill. For the first time I did distance, I usually only use it for the sprint program. I was totally worn out trying to keep up a 17 minute mile pace, where outside, I can easily keep up a better than 16 minute mile pace. I was watching a movie, so I cannot say I was too bored, it is just really hard for me to keep up any speed. I can see that I will not do much training on the treadmill, so I just hope that the weather cooperates more!

I hate the treadbeast to Lynn. When I was sgtationed at Nellis AFB in the early 80s they converted a racketball room to a teadmill room. The put in one of those big old projection TVs and played a movie disk of forest trails. It looked like you were moving on the trail. I kinda enjoyed that but that's the only time I've liked the treadmill.

Treadbeast slaying Panda:hippie:

Welcome Minnie :welcome:

I agree about sneakers. It took me several styles of sneakers until I settled on Saucony. Of course, I was told at the store that style is changing so the pair I just bought is the last one. I check online to see if I could buy another pair, not available in my size anywhere. So maybe back to trying other styles again.

Lynn-- I think the TM is hard because of trying to balance yourself. I can always walk faster outside. I read a book to keep from being bored.

Dave-- I had been reading the thread you mentioned. I have to say that is the first time I saw a thread on the WISH board get a little testy.

I did 2.5 miles and pump class yesterday.

Nancy

Kim, where are ya princess????? I have added you and Mike to the miles game you are on Hakuna Matata team. Please shout at me and let me know you saw this.

It's flipping cold here this morning Burrrrrrr 18 degrees. It was 60 yesterday but a front from Canada came through last night. Kim, shut the door please.

Wendy you have been placed on a team also dear. They should thank me for that, you will probably be the highest milage poster on the team.

Hi Robert, Bill and Scott.pirate:

Hi pretty princesses.:flower3:

Have an awesome day y'all.

Working Panda:hippie:

Sorry gang, I am back and better then ever!!!! Ya right;)

Anyways life is back to normal and getting geared up to train for my first 1/2 of in the year in May!!!!!

Sorry I am really behind and have not read back all the posts.

Hope everyone is injury free and doing great.

Kim

Dave--Quick question on the miles/hours game. If people are professionals (i.e., being paid to do the activity) does that count. I noticed there are some diverse people, including Pilates instructors and personal trainers. Do the "working" hours count? Is this a contest of professionals vs. amatuers. Just throwing that out for your thoughts.

Dave--Quick question on the miles/hours game. If people are professionals (i.e., being paid to do the activity) does that count. I noticed there are some diverse people, including Pilates instructors and personal trainers. Do the "working" hours count? Is this a contest of professionals vs. amatuers. Just throwing that out for your thoughts.

Bill dear, anything you do that is done under your own power counts so if an instructor is doing the stuff right along with the class, yes it counts. Since the instructor gets just as tired as the class and it keeps them from doing much on their own time. I used to teach an aerobics class and it was a hard hour of working out for me to.

War Pandapirate:

Hello Walkers,

I was on the c25k thread inquiring about walking the 1/2 marathon next year(it is just a thought for now) when I was referred over here to meet all of you.princess: princess:

I only have a million questions...lol.I will just hang around and listen to you for a whileprincess: princess:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Glad to have you along!!

We will answer all your questions, sometimes seriously, but watch out! We may spoof you some too!! party:

Welcome 39Cinderella!!!! :welcome: You've come to the right place. Most of us here are either total walkers or predominantly walkers. Yes, it can be done. A great many of us completed the Donald, Mickey or Goofy without ever running a single step. As walkers we deal with alot of issues that the runners don't need to worry about....a big one being the "time" factor, both for training and in the actual events. Stick with us and share your thoughts and concerns and we'll have you on track in no time. Everyone knows the real party is always at the back of the pack.

Wendy you have been placed on a team also dear. They should thank me for that, you will probably be the highest milage poster on the team.

You crack me up, Dave! Look if I remember to write down my miles, we'll be in good shape. I'd better turn over a new leaf this year or my team will strangle me at the Minnie! :rotfl:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Glad to have you along!!

We will answer all your questions, sometimes seriously, but watch out! We may spoof you some too!! party:

ok I will try and watch out for the spoofsprincess:

Welcome 39Cinderella!!!! :welcome: You've come to the right place. Most of us here are either total walkers or predominantly walkers. Yes, it can be done. A great many of us completed the Donald, Mickey or Goofy without ever running a single step. As walkers we deal with alot of issues that the runners don't need to worry about....a big one being the "time" factor, both for training and in the actual events. Stick with us and share your thoughts and concerns and we'll have you on track in no time. Everyone knows the real party is always at the back of the pack.

what are the Donald,Mickey and Goofy?

I am always up for a party!!:woohoo: princess:

Donald is the half-marathon, Mickey is the full, and Goofy is for those totally goofy individuals that do both....and end up with 3 medals!

Thanks........now where to get the right shoe and what is a good shoe?princess:
the shoes I wear now leave my shins strained and my pinky toe sore at times.

I only walk on the TM for 30min a day doing 2 miles @ different incline and speed TIA princess:

39Cinderella asked:
Thanks........now where to get the right shoe and what is a good shoe?
the shoes I wear now leave my shins strained and my pinky toe sore at times.

I only walk on the TM for 30min a day doing 2 miles @ different incline and speed TIA

There is a really good shoe thread, check it out at:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1598355

It will give you the 411 on where to get them and how to fit them! If you have more questions, just holler! (that's southern for speak up!) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter