WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Hi! I'm joining in for next year - Should I use the Google maps driving distance for mileage or the walking distance? It's a difference of about 50 miles. I'm sure there are no formal rules, and this post is more about me annoucing my intention publicly, but I am curious about other folks have picked.

Hi! I'm joining in for next year - Should I use the Google maps driving distance for mileage or the walking distance? It's a difference of about 50 miles. I'm sure there are no formal rules, and this post is more about me annoucing my intention publicly, but I am curious about other folks have picked.
Like you said, there’s really no formal rule. So I just used Google maps driving directions for my miles. Either way, it’s a great motivator to keep walking. Welcome to the group! Enjoy your journey 😊

6.54 miles since my last post

247.8/1,317

1.5 miles today. How do y'all guess-timate distance? I have a fitbit but it thinks knitting is running a marathon so I'm not sure I trust it.

I'm not sure for a fitbit. I only use my treadmill miles for this because I'm also kind of using it to justify the purchase. 😆

We're happy to have you join in, though!

How do y'all guess-timate distance? I have a fitbit but it thinks knitting is running a marathon so I'm not sure I trust it.
I used my fitbit when I had one. Now I use my Apple Watch. I definitely noticed a change when I switched. I’m not sure which in more accurate though. But for this challenge, I think the bottom line is to have a fun goal to motivate us to keep moving. So I wouldn’t be too concerned about the accuracy and just have fun with it and try to let it motivate you to move more. I know some people only count their exercise walks. I count all my steps throughout the day (but I don’t knit nor do I run marathons...haha).

Last week, I logged 24 miles.
508/1034 (almost half way!) :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter