Waitlist success around july 3-5? possible or not

CATANDSAL1009

Mouseketeer
How possibly do you think a waitlist at BLT, AK, GF Resort Studio or the Polynesian would be around July 3-5? Curious if any of you ever had success around this time. Also, if I call Disney, it's not like they would have access to a different availability viewing of rooms that what I'm seeing off the DVC site right?

Are you talking about July 3-5 of this year?

AKV and Poly have the larger number of studios, so a WL there is more likely to fill. However, are the Resort studios booked up already? When a resort is in active sales is often a great time for a successful WL.

If you call Disney, they’ll offer you a room from their cash inventory, which is a completely different inventory from what’s available for DVC points. When the GF Resort studios open on June 20, half of them will belong to Disney for cash reservations because they won’t be part of the VGF condominium association yet and therefore won’t be available for DVC points reservations.

Are you talking about July 3-5 of this year?

AKV and Poly have the larger number of studios, so a WL there is more likely to fill. However, are the Resort studios booked up already? When a resort is in active sales is often a great time for a successful WL.

If you call Disney, they’ll offer you a room from their cash inventory, which is a completely different inventory from what’s available for DVC points. When the GF Resort studios open on June 20, half of them will belong to Disney for cash reservations because they won’t be part of the VGF condominium association yet and therefore won’t be available for DVC points reservations.
Yeah...for this year. We currently checking out of BLT on July 3rd, but wanted to extended the trip. Ideally, it would be great to extend it there by one day and then do two days over by animal kingdom kidani, but I'm thinking the likelihood is slim bc it's the 4th.

AK and Poly have a lot of studios. I'd look to see which one at AK has the most studios (Kidani vs Jambo and then Savannah vs. Standard). I'd also check the site regularly... I've had better luck picking up days vs waitlist, but I always waitlist as a back-up.

I have been stalking for July dates and tge availability has been all over the place. I would go with a WL where the sheer number of rooms gives you a good shot but, also stalk the RAT as much as possibly you can.

I think it’s going to be tough but all you can do is try. And, stalk constantly when you have time. I did that when I needed a night for the DVC GOTG preview and it worked..though I had the time to refresh constantly over a half hour straight.

Yeah...for this year.

I see days come and go all the time. Just start adding the dates as you see them pop up.

Its going to be harder but I suspect you are in the sweet spot regarding people dropping before the 30 day mark and points going in to holding.

I would also not just waitlist but stalk the site as well.

Also this is really the first 4th of July that is a REAL 4th of July since 2019 when things were much different in the world.

How possibly do you think a waitlist at BLT, AK, GF Resort Studio or the Polynesian would be around July 3-5? Curious if any of you ever had success around this time. Also, if I call Disney, it's not like they would have access to a different availability viewing of rooms that what I'm seeing off the DVC site right?
We just scored a AKL Studio for July 6 and 7 this week.

Just keep watching and stalking the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter