Wait times for lower crowd days?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
I’m seeing that crowds are large this month, but there’s EPA at both parks everyday, and the parks are open late to accommodate everyone. We are headed down in August, and the hours are cut significantly (IOA closes at 8pm, and US at 7). Additionally, only US has EPA, which completely wrecks my plans for early rides on Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster.

I assume the reduced hours mean that UO expects lower crowds. Does that likely mean lower wait times? I know at Disney, the waits don’t really go down because they just cut back staffing and run fewer cars on many rides. Does UO do the same or do we have an advantage for wait times? Gotta say I’m a little concerned about downtime during afternoon storms, but not having the evening hours to make up for the inevitable weather closures.

July usually is a packed park month
August not as much

My area starts school early in August

End of August usually does not have large crowds and park hours reflect it

July usually is a packed park month
August not as much

My area starts school early in August

End of August usually does not have large crowds and park hours reflect it
We are going mid-late August because we anticipate lower crowds, but now I’m wondering if Universal lowers staffing and ride capacity, so it’s basically a wash in terms of wait times. I assume I’ll have a bit more elbow room in the walkways, but will I also be able to get stuff done?

I read they are still hiring so assume staff will still be added

hhn begins early September and park should be ready for more crowds
Takes a time to train new employees

I’m seeing that crowds are large this month, but there’s EPA at both parks everyday, and the parks are open late to accommodate everyone. We are headed down in August, and the hours are cut significantly (IOA closes at 8pm, and US at 7). Additionally, only US has EPA, which completely wrecks my plans for early rides on Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster.

I assume the reduced hours mean that UO expects lower crowds. Does that likely mean lower wait times? I know at Disney, the waits don’t really go down because they just cut back staffing and run fewer cars on many rides. Does UO do the same or do we have an advantage for wait times? Gotta say I’m a little concerned about downtime during afternoon storms, but not having the evening hours to make up for the inevitable weather closures.
This year could be totally different given the unique circumstances, but we've gone the last week of August into the first week of September several times and the crowds are usually low to moderate. (We are going the first week of September this year) Weekends are always a bit higher but we've never had an issue with prohibitively long lines. Agreed on the early entry at UO only, but it is nearly always that way this time of year. We rode Hagrid's a few times on our last trip (2019) by just being at IOA 45 min or so early to rush into the line. It worked out well.
The thing I'm personally bummed about with the shorter (than normal) park hours is that there really can't be any night-time shows. I love the short castle show in Hogsmead and like the lagoon show - but I am assuming those just won't be happening for us this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter