Wait list and borrowing

gscott8075

DVC Owner 2001 -2019
Okay, we got our one br in HH in July. We stayed on the waitlist for a 2 BR in case my dad wanted to come.

But, we asked for phone confirmation as we did for the one br. If it became available, we wanted to cancel the 1 BR to avoid borrowing.

Today, I got a confirm in the mail for a 2 br for 165 points. This means that MS had to borrow 40 points from next year - and I have a 1 br and a 2br.

I only need one unit - will MS realize they goofed and put my 2002 points back? Or are they going to give me a hard time?

Give them a call and explain the situation. If your first wait list came through as a phone call instead of an automatic book, seems like that evidence enough that is how you were requesting your wait list status. May MS canceled that 1 bedroom before automatically booking the 2 bedroom??

We've always found MS to be reasonable.

It's great that you do have the unit that you were waiting for!!

enjoy!

bank 40 points to make up for the 40 points that were borrowed to make the 2br reservation. I know it's not the solution that you were looking for (for MS to just fix it) but in case they can't "unborrow" your points, you can always replace them with banked points you are now freeing up.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter