VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers on the intro eliza !!! We're off to a very good start !!!!

I've got vacation dates to add to the Groupie list :
August 2-7, 2010 SSR (on waitlist for AKV and BWV though....doubt they'll come through....but it's worth a shot). By the way, would have loved VWL but you can only be on two waitlists so I went with the two larger resorts thinking my chances might be better.

Maria

As you can tell by my post count, I'm not new to the DIS, nor am I new to DVC having owned since 2004. However, I did just buy into VWL in April after years of yearning to own there. Seeing as you started a new thread, I felt obliged to drop in, set a spell, rock awhile, and squirt toward the spittoon in the corner when needed. Oh, wait, this is a tobacco-less group, right? ;)

Anyway, I'm here and might drop by from time to time. . .and I do so love the pics and WL tunes. . .

Eliza, it is a great intro. :flower3::woohoo:

Welcome to the new groupies. :welcome:

Well, I am buying more points (unfortunately not at VWL), but it will help me hopefully enjoy more time there in the future. Thanks to my absolutely wonderful DH for supporting my WDW habit.

Update on DM: She had a bad week last week, but she is feeling better the last few days. We have had a setback in our chemo due to a low white blood count, but hopefully we will be back on track next week. She is still totally looking forward to the cruise at the end of the year.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! :beach:

Can we be added to the birthday list?

Deirdre July 17
Ed Jan 5

We are also coming to disney Oct 5th-12th and Dec 3rd-12th(both visits at BLT. We are sure next year will be at VWL since we just got our points and did not get in the 11 month booking window.

DLI Thanks for the well wishes

Meriwether and emacek...WELCOME HOME!! You couldnt have picked a finer place than VWL IMO;)

teapot, love love love the pic. He will always be my #1 Ranger

Gosh this new thread is looking REALLY good! I'd say that it has connected with the magic of the lodge!

In other news, 171 days! (Yes, I'm short and to the point.)

Well, I am buying more points (unfortunately not at VWL), but it will help me hopefully enjoy more time there in the future. Thanks to my absolutely wonderful DH for supporting my WDW habit.

Out with it! Where are you buying?

JT, I am glad that you are on the mend.:hug:

Whoa - GREAT Intro!

It is good to see we have new friends jumping in (Meriweather: 114,276 post :scared1:)

Outstanding picture of Ranger Stan!

One last thing -

Loribell...........................May 3
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNY DAD!!! May 3
Maria (MiaSRN62)...........May 23

How did THAT get in there? (Must have been DiznyDi)

It was indeed your betrothed's permission to add you to the list.:goodvibes
Would you want me to make you look like everyone else? You are kind of sticking out.....:dance3:

As you can tell by my post count, I'm not new to the DIS, nor am I new to DVC having owned since 2004. However, I did just buy into VWL in April after years of yearning to own there. Seeing as you started a new thread, I felt obliged to drop in, set a spell, rock awhile, and squirt toward the spittoon in the corner when needed. Oh, wait, this is a tobacco-less group, right? ;)

Anyway, I'm here and might drop by from time to time. . .and I do so love the pics and WL tunes. . .

Welcome sleepydog25 :goodvibes. It looks like you need no indoctrination into our band of Lodgers (got the sig, got the ricking chair and even added a spittoon into the mix! I want to steal that from you, but I won't. But if you see a new potential Lodger, ask them to participate!)
Congrats on the new purchase, and Welcome Home! Visit often, and don't be shy on the trip reports and pictures!

Eliza, it is a great intro. :flower3::woohoo:

Welcome to the new groupies. :welcome:

Update on DM: She had a bad week last week, but she is feeling better the last few days. We have had a setback in our chemo due to a low white blood count, but hopefully we will be back on track next week. She is still totally looking forward to the cruise at the end of the year.

twokats, thank you for the update on your mom, hopefully she will do better next week.
Can I add your name and your mom to the front page that will be for us to keep track of needs for Pixie dust (in other words, prayer, don't tell anyone I said that!)

Can we be added to the birthday list?

Deirdre July 17
Ed Jan 5

We are also coming to disney Oct 5th-12th and Dec 3rd-12th(both visits at BLT. We are sure next year will be at VWL since we just got our points and did not get in the 11 month booking window.

Deebits! My best friend here in NC's name is Deirdre! I will be happy to add you to the birthday list!

Any other new Groupies want to be added to the birthday list? We try real hard to have virtual cakes and virtual lunches and dinners out at very nice locations around the world.

WOW, I'm impressed! Great start to the new thread ! :goodvibes
Many thanks Eliza, Muush, and Stopher for being the keeper of the lists.

WELCOME to our new Groupies. This is a wonderful bunch of folks that will make you feel right at home.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather JT. :sick: No fun, no fun. Hope you're back to your old self soon.

Muush, DDad's birthday is May 7. Not quite sure how 3 got in there. :confused3

Hawaii in 6 days for sons wedding. :scared1: I think it was DLI that offered the suggestion to have a blown-up photo of his head on a stick for our daughters wedding last October while he was in Iraq and parade it around the reception. It was a big hit. We're doing the same thing in reverse for our sons wedding. Our daughter and son-in-laws 'heads' will be bobbing around Hawaii with us. Should be great fun.

Enjoy your week-end Groupies.

Dizny Di 6 days!!!!

Wow I can't think if a more beautiful place for a wedding :goodvibes
Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way :wizard:
Looking forward to lots of pictures and are you taking the mints in your carry on or did you ship them out ahead time :lmao:

Feel Better JT

Kat... congrats on you points and hope your Mom is feeling better soon

…
And then it comes, the moment you turn onto Timberland Dr. You smile a quiet smile full of joy that says YES!! Finally, I’m here & in the tiny amount of time it takes to pass through the gates until you finally see her, you are completely, blissfully happy. Is it your imagination or do you think she smiles back at you, a feeling that no matter how long it’s been since you last visited, she is glad to see you, welcomes you home, whispers to you of a week full of good times.
Yes, you definitely know the feeling, All the previous weeks, months and even years of waiting, all the times real life dropped an anvil on your head, have all been worth it for this feeling.

Thank you Eliza! - I can honestly say that by the time I finished reading I had a lump in my throat and was misty eyed. Your literary skills are not limited to the descriptive funny family stories - you truly waxed poetic with this one! I envisioned coming around the curve on Timberline, hearing the "Welcome Home" at the gate......:flower3: (Love your changing tags!)

Welcome!!!!! Sounds like you will fit right in!

Pixie dust coming your mom's way!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Hawaii in 6 days for sons wedding. :scared1: I think it was DLI that offered the suggestion to have a blown-up photo of his head on a stick for our daughters wedding last October while he was in Iraq and parade it around the reception. It was a big hit. We're doing the same thing in reverse for our sons wedding. Our daughter and son-in-laws 'heads' will be bobbing around Hawaii with us. Should be great fun.

So glad that you are able to use my suggestion!!!! I hope you have a great time. Congrats!!!

Saw Toy Story 3 today. DD and I cried! It was so good. I highly recommend it.

Deebits! My best friend here in NC's name is Deirdre! I will be happy to add you to the birthday list!

I have only met one other person with my name, so it is nice to hear of another:-). Thank you so much for adding us. I can tell we are really going love this group:woohoo:

WOW, I'm impressed! Great start to the new thread ! :goodvibes
Many thanks Eliza, Muush, and Stopher for being the keeper of the lists.

WELCOME to our new Groupies. This is a wonderful bunch of folks that will make you feel right at home.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather JT. :sick: No fun, no fun. Hope you're back to your old self soon.

Muush, DDad's birthday is May 7. Not quite sure how 3 got in there. :confused3

Best wishes for the wedding. Awesome Hawaii wedding!

I have only met one other person with my name, so it is nice to hear of another:-). Thank you so much for adding us. I can tell we are really going love this group:woohoo:

Oh yeah, we are a friendly bunch here! :goodvibes

Hey, don't forget the Deirdre at the Haunted Mansion! She has a grave and everything!!!

Out with it! Where are you buying?

All of our points are at SSR. Finally stayed there for the first time when DD and I were there in Dec. We liked it, but it is just not VWL!! :goodvibes

twokats, thank you for the update on your mom, hopefully she will do better next week.
Can I add your name and your mom to the front page that will be for us to keep track of needs for Pixie dust (in other words, prayer, don't tell anyone I said that!)

Yes, please. She loves prayers, I mean pixie dust! pixiedust: When you had mentioned adding that, I felt that many of us would take advantage of it.

Kat... congrats on you points and hope your Mom is feeling better soon

Thank you so much. They had too good of a price per point to pass up and thank heaven my DH agreed.

She felt pretty good all this week. After the bad week last week, she said it is a little scary wondering what might happen next week. But we just take it one day at a time. :angel:

Pixie dust coming your mom's way!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thank you so very much!! :hug:

Stuff like this reminds me why I hang out here. Lord knows not cause I like being sick, but when life throws us curve balls, we have a place to rest, and this is one of the places in my life. I much prefer fastballs, but not so fast that I dont have a chance to swing and get a hit every so often. OK, enough with the Bball stuff, just spending a lot of time watching TV the last few days:happytv:

Dr. called and indicated ultrasound showed possible dyphroticulosis(SP). I looked it up, found out it can come with age(Im 45), genetics, my mom has had it several times, or a number of other things. Also found out not as common for people to experience the pain or even symptoms at all as I did. Leave it to me:confused3

Anyway, hoping to get back to work for a few hrs today. I am going to take it slow and see how it goes.

Groupies - I just wanted to say have a wonderful week. I am getting ready to depart early in the morning tomorrow for a week of adventure, a week of fun, a week of excitement - a week deep in the woods with 77 kids and about 30 other adults as we head off to.....Summer Camp! Woo hoo. I love my Disney trips, but there's nothing quite like hanging out with a bunch of Boy Scouts and Scouters.

With that said - IF YOU HAVE ANY TRIPS YOU"D LIKE ADDED TO THE LIST... please, please, please - just send me a PM. I'll get around to it after I return next week.

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be thinking of you (and the lodge) as I sleep in my tent each night, watching the deer in the morning move through the forest, and when I go boating on the lake. (If only I could see that wonderful green roof from my boat peeking out above the treeline... :) ) I'll talk to you all in a week.

Just completed a purchase for VWL....so excited!
So thought I would pop in and say "Hello"

Booked our first stay at the Villas for next May 1-8....can't wait.

I'm here....with a quick intro.

After constantly using my mom's AKL points, my husband and I just closed on 175 VWL points. Since we want our first trip home to be at Christmas, we'll be hitting other resorts this year:
SSR for his 60th birthday (Tgiving week)
OKW or AKL for Valentines Day--our 20th wedding anniversary
BWV for my 50th (September)

But I have my calendar ticklers set up for the day after Christmas this year to book sometime in late November/December 2011 for our first stay home.

Im a Florida native--first trip to WDW was probably in 1975 or so but after I left the state in 1979 didn't come back for 10-15 years.

emacek

Welcome new groupies Meriweather, emacek, & sleepdog25! I do so love new groupie friends! :welcome:

Continuing to send up prayers for you Dmom. :hug:

Stuff like this reminds me why I hang out here. Lord knows not cause I like being sick, but when life throws us curve balls, we have a place to rest, and this is one of the places in my life. I much prefer fastballs, but not so fast that I dont have a chance to swing and get a hit every so often. OK, enough with the Bball stuff, just spending a lot of time watching TV the last few days:happytv:

Dr. called and indicated ultrasound showed possible dyphroticulosis(SP). I looked it up, found out it can come with age(Im 45), genetics, my mom has had it several times, or a number of other things. Also found out not as common for people to experience the pain or even symptoms at all as I did. Leave it to me:confused3

Anyway, hoping to get back to work for a few hrs today. I am going to take it slow and see how it goes.

Hope you're feeling better soon JT! :hug:

DiznyDi & Dad - 6 more days how exciting! When do you leave & what island is the wedding on?

So we officially closed on our little VWL add-on yesterday! Just waiting for the points to show up in our account. Hoping with a little pixie/moose dust I might be able to snag a 1 BR for the last 3-4 of our trip in Oct. at the Lodge. A girl can dream right?

And I am officially on summer vacation! :dance3: The boys still have to go for 1 more day though.

Have a great weekend everyone! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter