• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
170 days to go for our vacation, Muushka, but who's counting?

Not me!;)

Stuff like this reminds me why I hang out here. Lord knows not cause I like being sick, but when life throws us curve balls, we have a place to rest, and this is one of the places in my life. I much prefer fastballs, but not so fast that I dont have a chance to swing and get a hit every so often. OK, enough with the Bball stuff, just spending a lot of time watching TV the last few days:happytv:

Dr. called and indicated ultrasound showed possible dyphroticulosis(SP). I looked it up, found out it can come with age(Im 45), genetics, my mom has had it several times, or a number of other things. Also found out not as common for people to experience the pain or even symptoms at all as I did. Leave it to me:confused3

Anyway, hoping to get back to work for a few hrs today. I am going to take it slow and see how it goes.

Oh my JT. I am a medical person and have never heard of that one! I hope you feel better and that it never returns. Do you want to be on that first page pixie dust list?

HL! Congrats on the add on!!!

DiznyDuo I hope pictures will flow aplenty of that beautiful wedding!!

Stopher, have a great time with those kiddos!

Here's the wedding details:
Wedding is on the island of Oahu. It will be a Sunday morning (June 27) garden ceremony at Hickam Air Force Base with a champagne brunch following at the Officers Club. Our son is in the Army, his future wife works in the Child Development Center at Hickam. The last of the mints are safely packed for travel in my carry-on. So as much as DDad likes to say I bought too many, we have certainly put the extras to good use. Groupies enjoyed the green packaged ones in December and the royal blue ones are headed to Hawaii.

We're off to a wedding today, and then the real countdown begins.

I don't know how much time we'll have, but I'll try to keep up with the thread on my phone. We're not taking a computer with us.

Hope all Groupies stay well during our hiatus.

"We'll be back"!

Groupies - I just wanted to say have a wonderful week. I am getting ready to depart early in the morning tomorrow for a week of adventure, a week of fun, a week of excitement - a week deep in the woods with 77 kids and about 30 other adults as we head off to.....Summer Camp! Woo hoo. I love my Disney trips, but there's nothing quite like hanging out with a bunch of Boy Scouts and Scouters.

Have a fun time with the kids! Bob was an Eagle Scout w/golden palm - and to this day he maintains some of his greatest experiences were with the Scouts - most of all his trip to Philmont. Be safe - take lots of bug spray!:)

Stuff like this reminds me why I hang out here. Lord knows not cause I like being sick, but when life throws us curve balls, we have a place to rest, and this is one of the places in my life. I much prefer fastballs, but not so fast that I dont have a chance to swing and get a hit every so often. OK, enough with the Bball stuff, just spending a lot of time watching TV the last few days:happytv:

Dr. called and indicated ultrasound showed possible dyphroticulosis(SP). I looked it up, found out it can come with age(Im 45), genetics, my mom has had it several times, or a number of other things. Also found out not as common for people to experience the pain or even symptoms at all as I did. Leave it to me:confused3

Anyway, hoping to get back to work for a few hrs today. I am going to take it slow and see how it goes.

Never heard of that JT. I hope it's something that you can recover from quickly and you feel better soon and can get back into the swing of things.

Groupies - I just wanted to say have a wonderful week. I am getting ready to depart early in the morning tomorrow for a week of adventure, a week of fun, a week of excitement - a week deep in the woods with 77 kids and about 30 other adults as we head off to.....Summer Camp! Woo hoo. I love my Disney trips, but there's nothing quite like hanging out with a bunch of Boy Scouts and Scouters.

With that said - IF YOU HAVE ANY TRIPS YOU"D LIKE ADDED TO THE LIST... please, please, please - just send me a PM. I'll get around to it after I return next week.

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be thinking of you (and the lodge) as I sleep in my tent each night, watching the deer in the morning move through the forest, and when I go boating on the lake. (If only I could see that wonderful green roof from my boat peeking out above the treeline... :) ) I'll talk to you all in a week.

Have a great time Stopher!!!

Here's the wedding details:
Wedding is on the island of Oahu. It will be a Sunday morning (June 27) garden ceremony at Hickam Air Force Base with a champagne brunch following at the Officers Club. Our son is in the Army, his future wife works in the Child Development Center at Hickam. The last of the mints are safely packed for travel in my carry-on. So as much as DDad likes to say I bought too many, we have certainly put the extras to good use. Groupies enjoyed the green packaged ones in December and the royal blue ones are headed to Hawaii.

We're off to a wedding today, and then the real countdown begins.

I don't know how much time we'll have, but I'll try to keep up with the thread on my phone. We're not taking a computer with us.

Hope all Groupies stay well during our hiatus.

"We'll be back"!

Glad to hear that you can use those mints!!! Have a great time!

:confused:I knew I spelled it wrong

Its diverticulosis. Has something to do with your colon.:confused3I just know from reading the symptons and cures and all, I need to add some fiber to my diet.
Tammy and I went and cleaned a unit we had been remodeling at a local retirement community here in town. After about 3 hrs, I was whooped! Glad tomorrow is Sun.:woohoo:

The pixie dust list would have been great Wed, Thurs and Fri. I do feel a lot better though my appetite hasnt returned to normal. But I do appreciate the gesture. Im like 85% better right now, which Im glad to know Im on the mend. I probably should have skipped work today, but knew being on a deadline, those folks dont care if you are sick or not. They have a resident moving in, and nothings going to keep them from getting that check.

Its diverticulosis. Has something to do with your colon.:confused3I just know from reading the symptons and cures and all, I need to add some fiber to my diet.
Tammy and I went and cleaned a unit we had been remodeling at a local retirement community here in town. After about 3 hrs, I was whooped! Glad tomorrow is Sun.:woohoo:

Diverticulosis, I have that! In fact it has graduated to diverticulitis! My grandmother had it. I do know that when I eat a lot of nuts, I get very ill, like 2 weeks ago when I OD'd on peanuts. I have to be careful, and I know how bad it can feel. But mine was short-lived (lasted just one evening). I can't imagine feeling that way for several days. Poor JT. Keep getting better!:wizard:

PS adding fiber is good, but avoiding foods that can get caught in those pockets is something to consider.
Like seeds, nuts, those little buggers that taste so good (strawberries!) but do such harm.

Thank you for the welcomes :)

Not sure I can keep up with this thread....moves fast!!

Welcome to all new VWL groupies!!!

Sorry to hear from those who suffer from diverticulosis, add DH to the list. After the last flare up, over a year ago, he has been very careful regarding what he eats, and for him, staying away from peanuts and corn have done the trick!:thumbsup2He's found that pecans are fine.

My family is just a week away from our 9 night trip, BWV(1 night. Originally, just DH and I for that but when DS found out, he asked if they could come down a day earlier too, and why not:confused3 It's going to be their first stay at BWV. VWL IS their favorite, but the standard point cost won out), VB (4 nights) and the BCV(4 nights) for the 4th of July! 16 of us altogether for different parts of the trip, but DH and the Boston branch of our family get to enjoy it all!:yay:

Bobbi

Diverticulosis, I have that! In fact it has graduated to diverticulitis! My grandmother had it. I do know that when I eat a lot of nuts, I get very ill, like 2 weeks ago when I OD'd on peanuts. I have to be careful, and I know how bad it can feel. But mine was short-lived (lasted just one evening). I can't imagine feeling that way for several days. Poor JT. Keep getting better!:wizard:

PS adding fiber is good, but avoiding foods that can get caught in those pockets is something to consider.
Like seeds, nuts, those little buggers that taste so good (strawberries!) but do such harm.

OH, now I know what it is! I have never talked to a doctor about it but I may have it to some degree. I cannot eat corn or I get really sick and sometimes with the little seeds on hamburger buns too. I think it is a pretty common thing that alot of people don't even know they have. Boy I sure do miss corn.

Thank you for the welcomes :)

Not sure I can keep up with this thread....moves fast!!

We are quite talkative aren't we?! Just join us whenever you can! You are always welcome!

Welcome to all new VWL groupies!!!

My family is just a week away from our 9 night trip, BWV(1 night. Originally, just DH and I for that but when DS found out, he asked if they could come down a day earlier too, and why not:confused3 It's going to be their first stay at BWV. VWL IS their favorite, but the standard point cost won out), VB (4 nights) and the BCV(4 nights) for the 4th of July! 16 of us altogether for different parts of the trip, but DH and the Boston branch of our family get to enjoy it all!:yay:

Bobbi

I don't know if you saw but I just posted some BWV pictures if you want to check them out to get you more excited for your trip. I hope you have a great time.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2357273&page=29

I'm so glad this group started a new thread, it's time that I join up and I would not have had the time to read through all the posts in the last one!

A short introduction, a few of you know me from the VGC owners group. I have points at SSR and VGC. Recently my FIL passed away leaving us some real estate, unfortunately we spent all his and our money paying for 24-7 caregivers during his final year. The good news is that everything was paid for and it is income generating property (apartments), so we decided to refinance and get some money to play with!

I have my eye on a small resale contract at VWL, and possibly another at BCV, plus I'm planning on adding on more VGC before they sell out. As soon as we get the green light that we've been approved, we'll be making the offers and calling our guide in CA.

Back in 1997 we stayed at the Lodge and it was one of my favorite locations at WDW, so I'm really looking forward to owning here so that every three years or so I can stay for 4-5 days!

Thanks for welcoming me to the groupies!

Well let me be the 1st to say welcome to the groupies franandaj! :welcome: Here's some moose dust for you to find that perfect resale contract! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I'll be second, welcome franandaj:yay::yay:

Yup, that last thread was pretty long.
Luckily we don't require new members to read through the entire 1000+ pages!!!(This is our 5th thread!)

Grab a rocker and a Moosie siggy and stay a spell!

Yes, JT a lot of people have it some worse than others. I have a light case of it, my DM a lot worse. My Grandmother had it so bad and back in her day the solution was to take out as much colon as they could get away with and well, they don't do that now. But keep an eye on yourself and as my DM now says, get a regular colonoscopy to avoid the trouble she has been going through the last 3 years with the colon cancer!!! :scared1:

I guess that means I get to be the third to give you a welcome franandaj!! :welcome:

Well let me be the 1st to say welcome to the groupies franandaj! :welcome: Here's some moose dust for you to find that perfect resale contract! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Yup, that last thread was pretty long.
Luckily we don't require new members to read through the entire 1000+ pages!!!(This is our 5th thread!)

Grab a rocker and a Moosie siggy and stay a spell!

I guess that means I get to be the third to give you a welcome franandaj!! :welcome:

Thanks! Wow this is most welcome thread of owners I've joined! :hug: And I still haven't made the offer on the points!

Hey JT,
Get well soon!! The old guy suffers from Diverticulouses. Muush got it right, it's actually little pockets along your colon and it is more common as we age.

Welcome to our new members!! :cheer2: Franandaj, Merriweather and all our other newbies. glad you're stopping buy!!

Happy Father's Day!! to all our moose Men. have a great day.
766362_f520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter