Vtech or Leapster

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
I am looking for a pocket game that my DS can take with him. I was wondering which you think is better........the Vtech Pocket (not the one with the flip up screen)........or the Leapster version of it.

ANy info would be appreciated.

My kids have the leapsters and love them. We have a whole bunch of games and it keeps them well entertained.

My son and niece have both but like the Leapster better. It seems to have more depth to the games.

My kids like their V-Tech's, BUT the eat batteries FAST!!! Also, they don't really like to be dropped and will stop working for awhile.

My DD5 has had her VSmile Pocket for a little over a year now. She has quite a few games and loves to play it. We have never had any issues with it at all. I can't really compare it to a Leapster, but I think the batteries last for quite a while. It may depend on what brand you use. We like Energizer.

My son has had both now for 3 or so years (we got the vsmile as soon as it came out) and he loves them both. I have heard that they eat batteries too but this doesn't seem to be the case with ours.

I think the leapster looks like it has more educational value to it and better to grow with. Having said that though I just love the vsmile!

My daughter had the Leapster and she absolutely loved it. I liked the fact that the price was reasonable and they had games for every grade level. She used from before Kindergarten all the way through 4th grade.

She's not so interested in it anymore but isn't ready to give it up just yet, either. She'll be going into 6th grade in the Fall and I plan on finding all the games she had and take those along with the Leapster and accessories and putting it up on ebay once I have the time to start searching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter