VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Where is the best place that’s off the beaten path to sit? We’d prefer something in the shade. We aren’t interested in sitting right by the wave pool. Should we head right or left when we enter? We are staying at CB and will be there for early entry.

Where is the best place that’s off the beaten path to sit? We’d prefer something in the shade. We aren’t interested in sitting right by the wave pool. Should we head right or left when we enter? We are staying at CB and will be there for early entry.
If you don't want a cabana or premium seating, I personally like the area at the end of Punga Racers. There are also some off the beaten path ones...south of the Tonga Tubes? Behind the fearless river kind of along Turkey Leg Road.

I will say though if you can get there early enough, there are few trees and shade spots in front of the wave pool to the left of the main walkway - which is a large area and sometimes I think that area is quieter because you really don't have people coming and going as much if you're in the middle. But that's me!

What is it like going in Mid-March? Too cold to enjoy? Is the water heated? I hate being cold, but my kiddos love water parks so I'm on the fence!!

What is it like going in Mid-March? Too cold to enjoy? Is the water heated? I hate being cold, but my kiddos love water parks so I'm on the fence!!
It is hit or miss, but it should start getting warmer by then.

February is usually the coldest month for Florida, but this weekend the high will be in the mid-80s. It is random at times.

The water is heated.

I don't like being cold, either, so I understand. :)

We’ll be staying at Sapphire Falls. Can we take towels from the resort to Volcano Bay or are there towels there we can use?

I was reading a post on FB yesterday that Volcano Bay was so full (either Friday or Saturday) that the poster was turned away and received a text later in the day that they could come back. The poster commented that if you are staying onsite at a Universal hotel that you will not be turned away, but others said that is not the case. Can anyone confirm that if Volcano Bay is at capacity that you can still get in if staying onsite?

Honestly, I can’t imagine we’d even find it enjoyable if it is that full, but we only have one day to go to VB because we’ll have Express Passes the other days of our trip so we won’t be doing VB on those days. We’ll be going in June on a Sunday so I have no idea what to expect crowd wise. I know it’s Spring Break right now, so that may be why it’s so crowded.

My sister and I are thinking of going to Volcano Bay for one day in April (not Easter weekend) and I had a few questions that I didn't see on the front page.

1. How much does it cost to rent a locker? We only need 1 to store phones and wallets.
2. Are you allowed to wear sunglasses on the slides?
3. Do we need the Express pass? We're totally cool with doing the lazy river and wave pool so not going on every slide is okay with us but if it's insanely busy we'll consider it.

My sister and I are thinking of going to Volcano Bay for one day in April (not Easter weekend) and I had a few questions that I didn't see on the front page.

1. How much does it cost to rent a locker? We only need 1 to store phones and wallets.
2. Are you allowed to wear sunglasses on the slides?
3. Do we need the Express pass? We're totally cool with doing the lazy river and wave pool so not going on every slide is okay with us but if it's insanely busy we'll consider it.
1. I recall around $10 for the day (possibly $2-4 more?). I used the lockers on the right, back-side of the volcano, as I read they were some of the least crowded. There were plenty of lockers.
2. Not sure. For raft slides, I want to think it would be okay. For non-raft slides, definitely not. Most slides have footwear storage at the entrance, so you could leave your sunglasses with your footwear. It would be best to call Universal for a correct answer.
3. If you are going mid-week in April, so long as not Florida school spring break, I think you can get by without Express pass. I've only ever done weekends in September or October without EP and EP was definitely not a must-have then.

Good day all. I'm hoping for some feedback and/or advice.
My wife and I are planning to go to Volcano Bay on Monday, Dec 04 later this year.
Express Pass Plus passes seem relatively cheap (compared to the rest of the year) for this day ($50 ea.).
That being said, I am hesitant to purchase them due to the "no refund" policy and I worry about the weather either being too cold or rainy.

What would others do in a similar situation, especially in early December?
Are the prices likely to rise on these Express Pass Plus tickets closer to December?
**Also note that I believe that some Pop Warner Football/Cheerleader thing will be going on during the time we are there -- So, I'm thinking the passes might be needed.

Good day all. I'm hoping for some feedback and/or advice.
My wife and I are planning to go to Volcano Bay on Monday, Dec 04 later this year.
Express Pass Plus passes seem relatively cheap (compared to the rest of the year) for this day ($50 ea.).
That being said, I am hesitant to purchase them due to the "no refund" policy and I worry about the weather either being too cold or rainy.

What would others do in a similar situation, especially in early December?
Are the prices likely to rise on these Express Pass Plus tickets closer to December?
**Also note that I believe that some Pop Warner Football/Cheerleader thing will be going on during the time we are there -- So, I'm thinking the passes might be needed.

Even with the influx, it's low season in between TG and Christmas. We went on a Sunday last year, 2 days before Halloween which is bonkers at Universal, and the ONLY line that mattered at all was the water coaster, and even then we were able to ride it twice just by timing our Tapu queue right. I seriously just think it's not necessary at that park.

Even with the influx, it's low season in between TG and Christmas. We went on a Sunday last year, 2 days before Halloween which is bonkers at Universal, and the ONLY line that mattered at all was the water coaster, and even then we were able to ride it twice just by timing our Tapu queue right. I seriously just think it's not necessary at that park.
Oh, that's very helpful. Thanks so much!!

I have preferred seating for next week. I have purchased it twice before and both those times just arrived at the gate and walked to the preferred seating area, gave my name, and chose my seats. This time I was sent an email with a QR code that states I need to scan in at a Will-Call kiosk at the parks or VB “to pick up my tickets” before going to the seating stand. Is this something new?

I have preferred seating for next week. I have purchased it twice before and both those times just arrived at the gate and walked to the preferred seating area, gave my name, and chose my seats. This time I was sent an email with a QR code that states I need to scan in at a Will-Call kiosk at the parks or VB “to pick up my tickets” before going to the seating stand. Is this something new?
I have had to do this at least twice; first time was opening weekend though. I don't think I did it the last couple of times. It may not really be required. They have an attendant there.

I have had to do this at least twice; first time was opening weekend though. I don't think I did it the last couple of times. It may not really be required. They have an attendant there.
Well, we’re going to the parks the day before, so if I remember, I’ll try to scan my code there, so it’s completed in case I really need to have done it this time. Thanks for answering!

It took me almost a week, but I was able to read all 80 pages of posts. Great information, so thank you to all who have participated! I have a few questions on current operations at VB:
1) early posts included people using AquaVaults on the public access loungers. Are those still allowed?

2) is TeAwa life jackets only, or is there another floatation device available for less confident swimmers (to use in addition to wearing the life jacket)

3) want to make the most of early entry and ride Krakatau water coaster as much as possible.
a) Do you suggest dropping stuff and riding? Or if we have a premium lounger reservation should one person check in for that?
b) really considering cancelling premium lounger. But will need some shade refuge. Trying to determine if the public umbrellas, shelter cabana roofs, or trees are feasible/a good option. And where to find them. I expect most of the day will be riding/virtual waiting for Krakatau and spending time in rivers (at Aquatica we literally spend over half of our time in Roa Rapids). So where would you try to grab a couple of seats with shade. We are a party of 4 - 2 adults and 2 HSers (strong swimmers) that will go around the park on their own at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter