VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

more questions about cabana rental!
where does the food come from? a certain restaurant? i know there is a limited menu so would a certain cavan location be more convenient on a busy day? do people still go wait in lines to get certain foods? drinks? will the servers fill your coke freestyle cup for you? tia

Last edited:
curious how you got the option to cancel? we just booked for mid september and it was clear the cabanas were non refundable
That’s the official policy. I asked what the cancellation policy was and she said 72 hrs. Then I saw it on the website. If you look on the Uni website VB page, there is a link to the Terms and Conditions, which say 72 hrs.

more questions about cabana rental!
where does the food come from? a certain restaurant? i know there is a limited menu so would a certain cavan location be more convenient on a busy day? do people still go wait in lines to get certain foods? drinks? will the servers fill your coke freestyle cup for you? tia
We haven't rented a cabana since the start of Covid, so things might have changed. We could order food from some of the restaurants in VB, but not all of them. The cabana attendant can tell you which they can and can't get food for you from. I remember the kids wanting some tacos, but the cabana attendant would go there for us, but would for other places. I never asked the attendant to refill our cokes, but my guess would be they wouldn't as the attendant has to service a number of cabanas, not just ours alone. So they are limited in how much they can do.

Can you buy VB tickets last minute? (I’m looking to purchase the night before going to VB as I’m flying in the evening before going to VB & the tickets would be useless to me if my flight is cancelled.)

Can you buy VB tickets last minute? (I’m looking to purchase the night before going to VB as I’m flying in the evening before going to VB & the tickets would be useless to me if my flight is cancelled.)
Yes you can purchase them at onsite hotels although the ticket desks usually close around 5-6 pm or can purchase at citywalk or in the morning

Don't know if this has been asked, but does anyone know how they actually handle swim goggles in the parks? I normally wear glasses or contacts, and there are a couple slides I am worried about my contacts getting washed out on.

Don't know if this has been asked, but does anyone know how they actually handle swim goggles in the parks? I normally wear glasses or contacts, and there are a couple slides I am worried about my contacts getting washed out on.
You should be good to wear them! I prefer wearing my swim goggles at the parks, too, as I felt like I almost had my contacts fall out at a water park once. I wear mine regularly in the rivers and slides, and no one has said anything to me yet. :)

You should be good to wear them! I prefer wearing my swim goggles at the parks, too, as I felt like I almost had my contacts fall out at a water park once. I wear mine regularly in the rivers and slides, and no one has said anything to me yet. :)
Aside from the contacts issue, I am under medical advisement to wear sunglasses anytime I am outside during the day time. The right pair of goggles would cover this. I understand some slides may have an issue with it, same as they would with regular glasses, but the big ones I am worried about are Ohyah and Ohno, considering the drop.

Aside from the contacts issue, I am under medical advisement to wear sunglasses anytime I am outside during the day time. The right pair of goggles would cover this. I understand some slides may have an issue with it, same as they would with regular glasses, but the big ones I am worried about are Ohyah and Ohno, considering the drop.
I think you will be okay. I remember wearing swim goggles on Ohno before because I disintinctly remember seeing the pool when I landed in it. :) I feel like goggles would help more than harm on those slides anyway - when I see where I am in the pool, it helps me be less disoriented when I surface.

Called today for single family cabana pricing for Sunday, July 23, 2002. $899+ tax. Premium seating $214+ tax. We went with premium seating.

Anyone been solo lately? I went last year solo and road the water coaster and absolutely hated it because I was on my own and the thing seemed real close to flying off. I’m wondering if that was a Covid thing that strangers didn’t ride together or is that a permanent thing?

Anyone been solo lately? I went last year solo and road the water coaster and absolutely hated it because I was on my own and the thing seemed real close to flying off. I’m wondering if that was a Covid thing that strangers didn’t ride together or is that a permanent thing?
I rode solo a few weeks ago. I have been solo pre-covid when I went for EE and there was almost no one there. Haven't had an issue being solo, my favorite ride there! Never felt like it was close to flying off.

I rode solo a few weeks ago. I have been solo pre-covid when I went for EE and there was almost no one there. Haven't had an issue being solo, my favorite ride there! Never felt like it was close to flying off.
Hmm, everyone raves about it so nice to see a fellow solo traveler who enjoyed it! Maybe there was just something off that day I went, I’m gonna try again!

When Volcano Bay opens for early entry, do you just get in line or do you still have to use tapu tapu
It depends on how fast the crowd builds. The two times we went, we dropped our stuff on chairs and went straight to Krakatau. Last fall, we were one of the first people in the park and able to ride it twice in a row with no/little wait. By the time we got off the second time, there was a Tapu Tapu wait time. Over Memorial Day this year, we were able to ride once and then it was a 45 minute wait on Tapu when we got finished.

It depends on how fast the crowd builds. The two times we went, we dropped our stuff on chairs and went straight to Krakatau. Last fall, we were one of the first people in the park and able to ride it twice in a row with no/little wait. By the time we got off the second time, there was a Tapu Tapu wait time. Over Memorial Day this year, we were able to ride once and then it was a 45 minute wait on Tapu when we got finished.

hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder how that is going to work with us stopping to get our cabana set up

I'm always that person too. Sometimes I have had time to sneak over and get a Krakatau ride in before it gets busy.

I wonder how long the line gets for early entry. I don’t mind walking over early because we are staying at Cabana Bay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!